Beginners and Beyond

September Goals (Read 56 times)

Love the Half

My main goal for September is to continue working on my speed along with getting into marathon shape since I'm pacing one on November 6th.

Short term goal: 17:59 5K

Mid term goal:  2:54:59 marathon

Long term goal: To say I've been a runner half my life.  (I started running at age 45).

DavePNW

1)  HM PR would be nice

2)  Keep training hard

3)  DaveP's Baboon's miles +1

Thanks for making my life just a tiny bit easier. I will just copy your goals with one slight modification.

Dave

LRB

My main goal for September is to continue working on my speed along with getting into marathon shape since I'm pacing one on November 6th.

What event?

Even if it's at ones easy pace there is a bit of commitment and work involved, I can appreciate that.

Hip Redux

My goal is to start running again.

We'll see.

Cyberic

My exact A-B-C time goals have yet to be determined, but my higher level goal is to be as ready as I can for my half and run it well and fast.

LRB

My exact A-B-C time goals have yet to be determined, but my higher level goal is to be as ready as I can for my half and run it well and fast.

Excellent!  Now report to this thread.

on my way to badass

Thanks LtH! I am not a religious person but I am praying for 50F and overcast in 2 weeks. Today was 90F humid and sunny. Yech.

Still waiting for the perfect race picture. 5K PR-33:52 , 10K PR 1:11:16, First HM 2:42:28

Stay healthy

Zelanie

Thanks for making my life just a tiny bit easier. I will just copy your goals with one slight modification.

Zelanie

Last full month of marathon training. Smile

Robert31320

Team TJ

My running goal for September is simple: Have FUN doing it.

Running for TJ because he can't.

on my way to badass

My running goal for September is simple: Have FUN doing it.

Thanks for the reminder of the best goal Robert!

Still waiting for the perfect race picture. 5K PR-33:52 , 10K PR 1:11:16, First HM 2:42:28

Love the Half

What event?

Even if it's at ones easy pace there is a bit of commitment and work involved, I can appreciate that.

I'm going to pace the Marshall University Marathon.  I recognize that I could probably go out tomorrow and run a 3:25 but I'd like to toe the line in about 3:05 shape so that I'm not having to spend the last 4-5 miles really concentrating on maintaining pace.  I'd want folks to think, "that pacer was great" rather than, "that dude shouldn't have been pacing the 3:25 group."

Long term goal: To say I've been a runner half my life.  (I started running at age 45).

Love the Half

Thanks LtH! I am not a religious person but I am praying for 50F and overcast in 2 weeks. Today was 90F humid and sunny. Yech.

Heh, heh.  Glad I could send such positive thoughts your way.  

In all seriousness, I have run a couple of longer races in hot weather and you absolutely must adjust your pace from the start.  It should feel too easy and you should be wondering whether you could run harder.  I did well with that in one race (Wrightsville Beach Marathon, 2012) and not so good recently (Charleston Distance Run, 2014).  I faded fairly badly in the last five miles of the CDR and when I look at where folks were at Mile 5 and Mile 8, it is obvious that people around me were running faster than me.  I was just lucky that I had built up enough of a lead that only a couple of people passed me from around Mile 10 to the finish.  I might add that I got around a couple of people as well who had blown up worse than I had.  At Wrightsville, not a single person passed me after the halfway point but I passed a bunch.

catwhoorg

Labrat

200 miles running

15K PR

That second one is going to be really tough. The weather may not co-operate

213.2 miles logged

Missed my 15K PR, by a min and change, but got my best race of the year (by equivalence calculators), so can't be too disappointed.

5K  20:23  (Vdot 48.7)   9/9/17

10K  44:06  (Vdot 46.3)  3/11/17

HM 1:33:48 (Vdot 48.6) 11/11/17

FM 4:13:43 (Vdot 35.4) 3/4/18