Beginners and Beyond

WednesDAILIES: Sometimes you just have to tell them what you really think (Read 53 times)

LRB

Oski - You are brilliant. 

I say that everyday.

LRB

Good morning -- I just stopped in to see what you really think.  I agree.

You there, stop in anytime you like!  

Smart move Beth.

Thunderstorms mean lightening Scotty.  Homey plays with a lot but Homey don't play that!

Glad to hear you resting Dave.

Be back in a few, gotta do some work right quick....

Good morning!

If Rick has the blob, that's my cue to go run now, not later!  Hope you can also dodge it.

Phil - are the meetings hot and sticky, or dry and boring?  Good luck.

DaveP - enjoy the vacay, may the knee gods smile upon you.

Philly - it is a fantastic morning.

Beth - no swimming where sharks might get wind of your tumble

D - more storm dodging

Meaghan - you have a solution to humidity?

Basya - have a good workout

B+ - the early cat catches the bird

Scotty - hanging out with a butterfly, neat

On today's agenda... running Smile

B-Plus

FYP.  And not all of us.  If I were up as early as LRB to run, I would pass out on my desk by 7am.

Well, I finished my run and I need to be at my desk at 7 so I can pass out. Crap, that's in exactly 1 hour. Gotta roll.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Yesterday afternoon Dorian and I ran 2.5 with Jumpstart - 90 degrees feeling like 95 with no clouds.... my head was on fire but I ran it in 24:42, pushing a stroller (yay me). Then we took Dorian swimming again, where he experienced going under the water because of my stupid DH who is overly comfortable with Dorian learning on his own, luckily Dorian's instincts were spot on and he held his breath. Sadly, he already feels like the kiddie pool is too small for him and has his eyes set on the larger section... can't this boy just slow down damn it!?

Didn't get much sleep last night, but I got 7.1 miles in anyways - 75 degrees, 83% humidity and no wind.... and I think I was a little dehydrated....

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning all.  I got in 7 miles last night and going to take today as a RD.   Back to food harvest and processing today.  The carrots need to get out of the ground and into freezer, and we have sacks full of figs and apricots that I need to turn into a jam or chutney and then can.

Also, we are at Day 3 of broody hen watch.  Last time we had Easter chicks.  If all goes well, this time its going to be 4th of July chicks.

She is still brooding?  Poor thing!  How are things looking for SF?

Damaris

Slymoon Runs

race obsessed

Morning all!

Off in Louisiana and if I was running in soup in DFW this is tepid gazpacho.

11 mile done in 75F at 75F dewpoint = 100% humidity.

blarg!

I'll have to reread - I think I saw that Jay had a baseball in his butt and loved it...

Philliefan33

Beth, I just went back and read about your bike accident - ouch!  Now I don't feel so bad about my little incident last night (copied below).

This evening's entertainment along the walk/bike path was brought to you by the middle-aged woman who forgot that her left foot was still clipped into the pedal, and did a slow-motion fall while waiting for the light to change. (that would be me ). Two little scrapes and a baby bruise on my hand...but a big bruise to my ego!  How many times will I fall before I figure out how to use these shoes??  Why did my body insist on leaning to the left, when my right foot was free and ready to provide stable support?

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning all!

Off in Louisiana and if I was running in soup in DFW this is tepid gazpacho.

11 mile done in 75F at 75F dewpoint = 100% humidity.

blarg!

I'll have to reread - I think I saw that Jay had a baseball in his butt and loved it...

Wait, what?

That was our same weather (except we had 79F and 75 dewpoint) this morning.  Glad I don't run in the mornings.  Blah.

Damaris

Brrrrrrr

Uffda

Morning. I had a 5 mile Tempo run scheduled, but that didn't happen. I slept through my alarm more than once. I ended up with a 3 mile Easy run. Maybe tomorrow will be better?

I guess we can call this babywatch day 1. DW had terrible back pain yesterday. I needed to skip going to the grocery store and come straight home, so I could watch DD right away. DW had to sit on the couch, but then it became hard to even sit there.

- Andrew

From the Internet.

Good morning dailies! 3.7 miles mostly on the track yesterday, 2.1 on the roads today, some undetermined number of miles at the track, maybe with intervals, tomorrow. Ankle/shin/tibial tendon or whatever is 99.9% better, just wary of stressing it too much and having it flare up again. Slowly working on getting up earlier to get my miles in before the sun really comes out. My skin and sunscreen don't play well together, I've tried a bunch and they all just melt off - I'm getting sports bra/sock/Garmin tan lines already, so I figure if I can wake up early enough then it won't matter if my sunscreen is not optimally effective.

Zelanie

Hey guys.  Finally the last day of school for me.

I have a 6 mile tempo run later.  Or, to translate for those of you who don't speak Hanson's, 9 with 6 @ goal MP.  First one of what will become a weekly "tempo" run.

DaveP- Hope you have a great time in Oregon!  And stay off the cliffs!

DavePNW

Safe travel, DaveP!  Are you going to get to FE with Zelanie?  If so then...psssst....get a nice photo of her Great Legs to post... 

Well I would certainly enjoy an FE with Zel, but it is a tough sell on a family vacation to tell DW that I want to arrange to meet a woman from the interwebz. "Oh and by the way, I need to take a picture of her legs."

Dave

Brrrrrrr

Uffda

Well I would certainly enjoy an FE with Zel, but it is a tough sell on a family vacation to tell DW that I want to arrange to meet a woman from the interwebz. "Oh and by the way, I need to take a picture of her legs."

Yeah, my DW would not go along with that, to put it mildly.

- Andrew

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

LMFAO.

Damaris