Beginners and Beyond

WednesDAILIES: Sometimes you just have to tell them what you really think (Read 53 times)

Zelanie

Well I would certainly enjoy an FE with Zel, but it is a tough sell on a family vacation to tell DW that I want to arrange to meet a woman from the interwebz. "Oh and by the way, I need to take a picture of her legs."

You need to tell more little stories about the forums so that DW already feels like she knows us before you bring stuff like that up.

delicate flower

I managed to hold a staff meeting today without the staff complaining and yelling about everything.  Things are looking up for me today!

Well, except my front yard.  Things are not looking up for my front yard.

<3

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Oh, oh, Phil.

Damaris

delicate flower

Oh, oh, Phil.

The well has a leak.  Old school well so it took some digging to get to it.  Since they have to dig it up to fix the leak, we might as well pay the extra money to have the well brought up to code, so next time getting to it will be a lot easier.

<3

StepbyStep-SH

Morning, all! Apparently there were two blobs this morning, because had I looked at the radar when the thunder, lightning and wind woke me up at 5:30, I'm sure we'd have been under the yellow part. The fact that it was storming then lessened my frustration with having set my alarm for 4 p.m. instead of a.m.

Since DS's track and field practice was cancelled due to the rain, even though it had let up by 7:30 or so, I made him come out and run/walk a mile with me in the drizzle, then I added 5 more on my own. I feel like crap lately - probably because I've been eating crap. Time to kick myself in the ass and clean up my diet, get back to running like I should, and add in some core and strength work. Who is going to hold me to it?

Here is my first commitment in that regard: If I skip driving to martial arts tonight due to the NEXT round of storms that is expect to come through, I WILL spend at least 30 minutes doing core and body weight strength work tonight.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

LRB

I have a 6 mile tempo run later.  Or, to translate for those of you who don't speak Hanson's, 9 with 6 @ goal MP.  First one of what will become a weekly "tempo" run.

Yes, it is basically a marathon pace run.  What Daniels calls a tempo run they call a strength run.

LRB

I got your back Step, race day goals begin at the dinner table.  You know what you need to do.

Hip Redux

Oski - You are brilliant.  The baseball therapy seems to have worked.  Thank you SO much.  Big grin

Glad it helped!

Not one to brag, but I know how to deal with injuries. lol

Mmmmm...beer

Hey everyone!

8 miles @ 7:59 done, great run.  Looked at the weather when I got back, knew it was hot out, but 88* dewpoint, feels like 129*, wtf?!?!  How the hell did I have a good run in that?  Wow.

Hope everyone has a great day!

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

Slymoon Runs

race obsessed

Hey everyone!

8 miles @ 7:59 done, great run.  Looked at the weather when I got back, knew it was hot out, but 88* dewpoint, feels like 129*, wtf?!?!  How the hell did I have a good run in that?  Wow.

Holy sheeeiit.   Impressive D2.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Hey everyone!

WTF?  88 dewpoint does not exist!  The highest they have found is 84F in Brazil.

Edited to Add:  I actually stand corrected.  Somewhere in the world it was recorded to be 88 dewpoint.  Recently, which is why the 84 stand in most google searches.

Damaris

Mmmmm...beer

Hmmm, I think that weather station may need to be calibrated, I checked a few others in the area, and they're reporting dewpoints around 71*-73* and feels like in the upper 90s to low 100s, that sounds more like what it felt like out there.  Still not great weather, but there's a pretty big difference between a dewpoint of 71* and 88*!

-Dave

My running blog

Mmmmm...beer

WTF?  88 dewpoint does not exist!  The highest they have found is 84F in Brazil.

Yeah, I think that weather station is a lil off.

-Dave

My running blog

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Hmmm, I think that weather station may need to be calibrated, I checked a few others in the area, and they're reporting dewpoints around 71*-73* and feels like in the upper 90s to low 100s, that sounds more like what it felt like out there.  Still not great weather, but there's a pretty big difference between a dewpoint of 71* and 88*!

That is probably it.  For a moment, I thought the world had gone crazy. Because if 88 dewpoint was to become a Summer norm, I would quit running.  Ha.

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Yeah, I think that weather station is a lil off.

Phew.  If it was real, it would be really bad.  still, 73 dewpoint is high. Miami high.  Welcome to Miami, great job!

Oh, and my WTF was not at you, but at the weather!  Like WTF, that cannot be true! Ha.

Damaris