Beginners and Beyond

TuesDAILIES: When life gets in the way of your running (Read 53 times)

LRB

So far today I have eaten peaches and cottage cheese, a banana, a nectarine and an apple.  Think it's about time to step my game up yo.

LRB

Good news on the sleep and DVD Meaghan.  I am in a constant state of soreness since beginning my core program three weeks ago.  It will be nice when that goes away.

B-Plus

Good news on the sleep and DVD Meaghan.  I am in a constant state of soreness since beginning my core program three weeks ago.  It will be nice when that goes away.

I like that feeling as long as it's mild. Maybe not soreness, but fatigue. I walk around with that evil hangover grin when I have that workout soreness.

LRB

I like that feeling as long as it's mild. Maybe not soreness, but fatigue. I walk around with that evil hangover grin when I have that workout soreness.

Yep, it's just a teeny bit past that point in terms of soreness.  My personal trainer says it's because I have never used those muscles otherwise it would not last as long and she is probably right.

Mmmmm...beer

12 more pounds Dave and you will be in my neighborhood.

My goal is 170 for Richmond (Nov), should be completely doable.  I figure a solid training cycle and 25lbs of weight loss should make for some good results.

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

LRB

My goal is 170 for Richmond (Nov), should be completely doable.  I figure a solid training cycle and 25lbs of weight loss should make for some good results.

Yes, you can do it while still eating just enough to fuel your training and recovery.  Two very important variables in that equation.

You Rang?

Good morning Dailies!

Just  came back from six miles of fun on the beach.  I'm off to work and then packing for Boston and the American Immigration Lawyers Assn. annual conference.  I've been asked to speak/teach on some arcane mystical incantations I do that makes the immigration service turn people into US citizens.  I just read my room assignment.  I'm speaking in the Marriott Grand Ballroom room F-K   What the F-K is up with my room assignment?

Rick 

PR: 5k 25:01 (10/15) 10k: 57:44 (7/14) HM: 1:57 (5/15) FM: 4:55 (1/15)

LRB

Apparently it's a big F-K'n deal.  lol

B-Plus

8 w/ hill repeats later.

Mmmmm...beer

Yes, you can do it while still eating just enough to fuel your training and recovery.  Two very important variables in that equation.

Yup, it's definitely a balancing act.  I could slash calories and drop weight like crazy, but then I'd have no energy for running.  But I've been feeling good and still dropping weight, so I think I've found my balance.

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

DavePNW

Hey I can post ugly race pics too. From my 5k a week ago. A good example of what we have talked about, running into slower runners from other races. While trying to hold it together for the final 0.1, I had to navigate a couple who felt the need to hold hands as they approach the finish, and avoid running into a woman who had to stop short of the finish line to look at her watch.

Dave

LRB

Great narration Dave, I see exactly what you mean. Nice pic though, crop it up and frame that bad boy.  It's a winner!

Brrrrrrr

Uffda

I just got back from my consult with the urologist. Looks like I'll be off running for about a week starting Aug. 15th. Smile

- Andrew

DavePNW

I just got back from my consult with the urologist. Looks like I'll be off running for about a week starting Aug. 15th. Smile

Is this what I think it is - a certain voluntary procedure?

Dave

Slymoon Runs

race obsessed

Is this what I think it is - a certain voluntary procedure?

Duh duh Daaa!

Been on my mind as well...  Not something I am really looking forward too though.