Beginners and Beyond

TuesDAILIES: When life gets in the way of your running (Read 53 times)

Brrrrrrr

Uffda

Is this what I think it is - a certain voluntary procedure?

Yep. Wife and I agreed that 2 kids is the max.

- Andrew

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Duh duh Daaa!

Been on my mind as well...  Not something I am really looking forward too though.

If it brings any relief as the female counterpart, you'll wonder why did you wait so long....

Damaris

LRB

Is this what I think it is - a certain voluntary procedure?

I could not figure it out for the life of me.  lol 

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Yep. Wife and I agreed that 2 kids is the max.

Welcome to the club! Well, I have three kids, but I meant the other club.

This morning I ran 6.3 miles with 6x800 at 7:05-7:10 pace. The first and last were no fun but the middle four were quite nice.  DW and got a breakfast burrito from our favorite dive (pastrami and egg whites for me) and now I am waiting for Mexico v. Brazil.

Have a good day.

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Congrats on your workout, LRB, in spite of all the walkers.

The countdown for Costa Rica has started, right Zelanie?  Are you all packed already?

I get to go to the urologist today for a consult.  Well, Andrew, count your blessings...it could be a proctologist...those assholes....    However, if your urologist takes out a little tooly-thingy with a small loop on the end, well.....RUN! Run like hell and don't stop!    Oh...I see you are already back from it now...hope everything was, ummm....golden....    If you happen to be getting scheduled for a vasectomy - I had one several years ago - here is what you need to watch out for in the future: sliding back on your chair too fast or the wrong way cuz if you hit the scars just right, your voice for a while will go up an octave or two.  

Congrats, slymoon, on the 11 in that soup.  Crazy, isn't it?  I ran the other morning and as I was sitting at the Y cooling down, my running shorts were dripping so much sweat that I had a small pool under the bench by the time I got up to take my shower.  Luckily I noticed, thank goodness, and got a towel to wipe it up.  Don't want anyone slipping on my account!

That reminds me, Damaris...popcorn counts as a vegetable right, for Eat Your Veggies Day today?  

Congrats on your miles, Meaghan.  Season finishing?  You're on TV?  Cool.   What do you do?

Good luck with your goal weight, D2.

I wish I had a beach near me to run on, Lurch.  I sure miss those running days in Hawaii.  The nearest beach to me is about 3 hours away, in Corpus Christi.  Safe travel and good luck with your mystical incantations talk!   Funny about your room, lol.

Dang 8 miles AND hills.   This old man would FADE Fade fade doing that.  Good luck, B-Plus.

Nice photo, DaveP.   I don't get why people do that, look at their watch before they cross the line.  I glance at the race clock but usually don't look at my watch timer at all until I'm completely over the chip mat.  Maybe that's just me.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

LRB

Congrats on your workout, LRB, in spite of all the walkers.

I don't mind them actually, I am always cordial and speak but no one ever says anything.  lol

DavePNW

Nice photo, DaveP.   I don't get why people do that, look at their watch before they cross the line.  I glance at the race clock but usually don't look at my watch timer at all until I'm completely over the chip mat.  Maybe that's just me.

I don't have a ton of racing experience, But I don't look at my watch for at least the last mile of a race (a few miles for a marathon). I figure I am pushing as hard as I can at that point, what my watch tells me won't change anything. The time on the finish clock as soon as it comes into view is generally a surprise to me.

Dave

meaghansketch

Congrats on your miles, Meaghan.  Season finishing?  You're on TV?  Cool.   What do you do?

Thanks!  Not on TV but in TV.  I do graphics for a daytime show.

Dear diary.  

Sounds like an awfully familiar scenario, and that stretch felt to be hitting the right thing. ..... Tantrum is about to be thrown if this doesn't help.

Hip Redux

Dear diary.  

Sounds like an awfully familiar scenario, and that stretch felt to be hitting the right thing. ..... Tantrum is about to be thrown if this doesn't help.

Got a lacrosse ball or baseball?   You could try sitting on it until you find the trigger point and see if you can get it to release.

Got a lacrosse ball or baseball?   You could try sitting on it until you find the trigger point and see if you can get it to release.

Hah, I'll try anything at at this point.  What's weird is my pain is on the left side, and before that the right was acting up, until it sort of "popped" with a brief moment of pain and then overwhelming relief.  So hopefully, yes.

Rick, awesome VO2max workout.

Zelanie, have a great evening, running or no running.

Slymoon Runs, eleven with a dewpoint of 71F?

meaghansketch, fantastic 5.3. And great core workout yesterday. I love that feeling.

Lurch, great run this morning. I hope that you have a safe and uneventful arrival to my neck of the woods. LOL on the room assignment.

B-Plus, enjoy the eights with hill repeats.

Dave, bravo on having a plan and sticking to it. I need to drop some weight for MCM, myself. Great eight this morning.

Andrew, I hope that the procedure goes well.

Jack K., smokin' 6.3 with intervals. scottydawg, you always make me smile.

Jay, I hope that you feel OK soon.

I snuck 2.1 into my break this afternoon. 84F with a dewpoint of 66F. It was awesome. I wish that I had had more time. After my breaktime run, I had only water and a coffee. After work, I did six slow miles on the TM in 1:02:23. 10:24 pace. I'll do my push-ups and ab work at home later.

Just B.S.

Dear diary.  

The last time I was injured was spring of 2005. Piriformis pain so bad I couldn't sleep, sit down comfortably

Or drive without pain. Took 3 months of physio and treatment to get me back running comfortably.

Two major takeaways from that experience.......

Stretching is your friend

Nothing else compares to the trigger point release capabilities of the human elbow. It can pinpoint the

Tight spot and apply the appropriate amount of pressure needed with minimal effort by the owner of

The elbow. Smile.  I will forever love the PT who gave me that tip during therapy.

When mine gets tight all I have to say is "honey can you elbow me" and hubby knows exactly what to do. Smile

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Hope it feels better, Jay.

9 miles, the middle 2.50 with hubby.

Damaris

LRB

When my SI joint was at it's worst last fall, I was having severe glute pain.  Like Beth, I found the trigger point release to be heaven sent.  Unlike Beth however, I had no one to perform it so I went to a massage therapist who quickly rectified all of that nonsense.

What a relief that was!  Now it did not cure the underlying problem, but it made life much more tolerable until I got to the root cause of what was the problem.