Beginners and Beyond

TuesDAILIES: When life gets in the way of your running (Read 53 times)

LRB

9 miles, the middle 2.50 with hubby.

Did you end up scrapping the intervals?

B-Plus

I had a long-ass day and all I could think about was getting out to run. Hill repeats are done and they kicked my ass.

Basya - Way to get out for that bonus run!

Just B.S.

What about when what is "getting in the way of  running" means falling over sideways

while clipped into your bike, while trying to avoid traffic and in the process of trying to save

your very pretty and very expensive bike from harm you end up landing on a huge boulder

with your kneecap and elbow ???

Lots of bruises and lots of swelling going on right now.  

And of course just my luck only 5 days before my first tri of the season.  I am so damned

clumsy I really shouldn't be allowed to own bikes.

StepbyStep-SH

What about when what is "getting in the way of  running" means falling over sideways

while clipped into your bike, while trying to avoid traffic and in the process of trying to save

your very pretty and very expensive bike from harm you end up landing on a huge boulder

And of course just my luck only 5 days before my first tri of the season.  I am so damned

Oh no! Ice, ice, ice! And rest until race day.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

Just B.S.

Oh no! Ice, ice, ice! And rest until race day.

Thanks Steph.......fortunately being a multi sport girl I can swim tomorrow instead of running.
            Which should actually help the swelling (I hope).

I am so pissed at myself. I should have planned to stop in the spot and unclip like I always do

but hubby was behind me and I was worried about stopping to fast and having him hit me

from behind. Luckily he was there to take my bike shoe off so I could stand up. I was still

clipped in with both feet and the bike on top of me on the side of the pavement.

Made quite a spectacle for the stopped traffic. 

Hip Redux

Oh no, Beth. Sad

Somewhat frustrating day at PT.  My hip flexors have been bothering me, and it looks like I'm developing some overcompensation, which with this surgery can lead to chronic hip flexor tendinopathy....  ugh.    And I'm sore from the work she did today in the hip joint itself - the first time since surgery I've had anything significant in the hip (lots of soft tissue soreness though).  So now I'm freaking out that something is really wrong.

The good news is I have excellent strength and mobility, I just need to get the right muscles to fire now and hopefully this pain goes away so I can stop freaking.

She also said that she could tell I have been doing my homework.  Big grin   AND she thought that I could get back to being "high functioning" in athletics, if I can get all my imbalances worked out.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Did you end up scrapping the intervals?

Yes.  My lungs would not have handled it.  There is no use causing an asthma attack that will screw up my training for the next 2 weeks.  I'll do the 800s next week.

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Ouch, Beth.  Hope it's minor and you feel better before the tri.

Damaris

Oh no.  Glad you're (mostly) ok.

B-Plus

Sorry Beth. I hope the swelling goes down soon.