Beginners and Beyond

Early Bird Gets the Worm, Second Mouse Gets the Cheese Dailies (Read 55 times)

Hip Redux

I haven't had much to say!  Well, unless you want to hear about all the walking I've been doing.

D - I'll be "working" the expo saturday afternoon with my husband (he's an ambassador).   Or maybe we could meet up for breakfast after the race?

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Crazy Wednesday,  I did double duty.  Did 3.4 miles at Fort Sam Houston in the morning.  Then after work I went down to Brackenridge Park by the San Antonio Zoo and participated in the 2-mile Zoo Fun Run, put on by my running club, the San Antonio Roadrunners.  This event started at 6:30 pm.  At start time it was a 'cool' 95 degrees with a heat index of near 103, sheesh!  Glad the park trails had lots of nice shade trees!   It was hot, but I did okay.  I ended up doing the 2 miles in 21:36, not speedy by any means, but I did beat 11 minute miles - just barely, lol - which was my goal.   I went home after the run and took a nice COLD shower, which felt great.  It was still warm though....at 10 PM, it was still 91 degrees around here!  We will probably hit 100 this weekend.

Today will be another warm one. I am getting off work early today to get an estimate on a new fence for our house, and then I will head over to the park nearby where I live and do about 3 easy miles of trails there.   Predicted temp for my run time will be around 96 degrees.

Slymoon, if you are around today, I responded to your message you left me.

Only 63 degrees, FreeSoul?  Nice!   Glad your little one is feeling better.

You are moving right up there in mileage, StoneFence, congrats!

Congrats on your 7, Dave!

Good luck with your double-digit run today, Phil.  80 sounds very pleasant.

It's 57* at the moment, 62% humidity, so the dewpoint is probably about 60F.  Shut up!  Lily, Damaris is going to show up with a Canadian hockey stick and pop you one!  Notice how I always make her the 'bad guy', lol.      Good luck with your miles later!

Hope you feel better, Damaris.

Basya, your legs ARE fantastic.  Of course, some photo verification of this would be greatly appreciated.    Enjoy your workouts later and hope the weather cooperates for you!

All expenses paid, very nice Mitch!   Good luck later with your 10 with that 'temp stuff"

Happy time and safe trip in San Francisco, Oski!  Don't you and Damaris cause too much trouble!

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

StepbyStep-SH

Morning, all!

I was a little later getting out the door than I should have been, so 10 turned into 8 miles after fiddling around with my Garmin, which didn't want to find satellites this morning. Had to measure the route "the old-fashioned way" with MapMyRun when I got back.

Now I'm taking DS to do a little hiking this morning - it is fairly cool here, too, and I want to take advantage of it and get him moving.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I haven't had much to say!  Well, unless you want to hear about all the walking I've been doing.

D - I'll be "working" the expo saturday afternoon with my husband (he's an ambassador).   Or maybe we could meet up for breakfast after the race?

The expo sounds like the best bet (remember I'm doing the marathon, then it would be lunch after the race, ha).  We arrived at around 1pm so we will do the expo probably after 3.  PM me your phone number and I can text you when we get there!  Hope to see you then!  What booth is your hubby ambassadoring for?  Yeap, I made up a word.

Damaris

B-Plus

Well I'm pretty much last so what do I get?

8 miles later - 4 @ hmp-10k

Hip Redux

The expo sounds like the best bet (remember I'm doing the marathon, then it would be lunch after the race, ha).  We arrived at around 1pm so we will do the expo probably after 3.  PM me your phone number and I can text you when we get there!  Hope to see you then!  What booth is your hubby ambassadoring for?  Yeap, I made up a word.

Perfect!  PM coming Smile

DavePNW

That was the purpose of my comment. I'm constantly trying to make him grumpy. It's fun. 

As if I need any help.

Actually I was pretty happy with my run this morning, despite a too-typical night of crappy sleep. I am sort of trying to train to MP of 8:00, since that is my ultimate dream goal, even though I can't conceivably fathom running 26 miles at that pace. But I figure try to hit the relevant training paces & see how it goes. Today was the Hansons 7 mile tempo (=MP), plus 2wu/1cd. Of the 7, first one a struggle to get to 8:09, the next 5 better at 8:01-8:04, then #7 at 7:41 (and I had to rein myself in). It takes me forever to warm up in the morning.

Dave

DavePNW

Had to measure the route "the old-fashioned way" with MapMyRun when I got back.

You know RA has a tool for this, right?

Dave

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Meh, the last few days have had a dew point around 70 and I didn't look this morning but I know it was nowhere near 70. Right now it's 68 degrees and the dew point says 58 so most likely it was around there this morning......... maybe less? Why the fuck my garmin doesn't tell me dew point is bullshit damn it!

Do not expect too many great titles from me..... especially that early in the morning 

Glad everyone is having a nice day so far, even the grumpy one.

And Dorian says thank you to all Smile

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Mmmmm...beer

Hey everyone!

Didn't post yesterday, did 5 recovery yesterday, and 9 general aerobic today.  I took it a lil easy since I'm bumping up my long run to tomorrow in order to accommodate a couple of days at the lake on my brother's boat. Smile  So I probably won't post again until Sun/Mon.  Hope everyone has a great weekend!!

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

Baboon

delicate flower

Why is the mere process of signing up for a race so enjoyable?  I just signed up for a 10K and a HM.

<3

Zelanie

Hey, I did the same workout as grumpy Dave this morning!

10.4 with 7 @ MP.  In my case I reined it in a little because it felt ridiculously humid.  So my first MP mile was 9:22, the next 6 @ 9:13 (target pace 9:09, which you can either be slightly slower or slightly faster than that on the TM).  Got home and the weather report didn't agree.  During my run it was a pretty standard 77 F, 63 dewpoint.  Luckily both of those numbers should be lower for my actual marathon. Smile

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Hiya Dailies.

5 easy miles for me. I had a massage two days ago and ran 7 great miles that night. Yesterday I woke up and my right hamstring felt all tweaked, from my knee all the way up into the butt cheek. I could barely manage two miles and thought I was injured. Today it felt better and had a decent five. Strange, that. All I know is that my HM next month is shot to hell and a PR is highly unlikely. On Sunday DW and I are off to Mammoth Lakes, CA with DD's XC team for some high elevation training.  We are chaperones once again. DD is a senior this year so this will be our last time. It should be a week of fun and some good runs.

See ya.

LRB

I had been having a crappy morning so I decided to finally try the frozen hot chocolate from Tim Horton's as a way to turn the tide.

Fail.

She made it too damn liquidy so I threw it in the garbage (I was not wasting hard earned calories on BS) and went to Panera Bread for a yummy cream filled carrot cake muffin.

Proper.  Smile

As an aside,  the standard Frosty from Wendy's blows that crap from Tim Horton's away and is half the price.

LRB

All I know is that my HM next month is shot to hell and a PR is highly unlikely. 

I will go ahead and disagree with that.  At this point the speed you have attained is yours to keep and you only need to strategically place your high mileage week and race tuneup run.

You are not too far removed from running a marathon so you have the endurance.  Get your issues worked out but do not give up on having a great race just yet.