Beginners and Beyond

Early Bird Gets the Worm, Second Mouse Gets the Cheese Dailies (Read 55 times)

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Another 10.1

Marjorie

Slymoon Runs

race obsessed

Good morning all.

Got it scotty!

Slept in will crank out my quality this evening.  I have actually found it nice to change out mornings for evening and then back.  It gives me a little extra rest before particularly hard workouts which is sometimes very helpful.

LRB

It took me like 5 minutes to come up with a title for Thursday's dailies, damn it people. 

You did awesome!  Great news on the kid.

Hello SF!  Enjoy the run later.

"Um yeah, the dew point is never higher than the temperature. By definition, at 100% humidity, dew point = temperature."

You are the spice of the dailies Dave.  lol

Good news on the legs Basya!

Great news on the chase Mitch!

Good luck O!

lily progression runs teach you pace discipline and also test your mettle, you should give it an honest shot.  It does beg the question of why you even bother with plans because you never follow them.  lol

happylily

lily progression runs teach you pace discipline and also test your mettle, you should give it an honest shot.  It does beg the question of why you even bother with plans because you never follow them.  lol

Argh!!!! You're right, as always. I'll try to keep it in mind. I'll honestly try. Thanks! :-)

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

LRB

I was a little later getting out the door than I should have been, so 10 turned into 8 miles after fiddling around with my Garmin, which didn't want to find satellites this morning. Had to measure the route "the old-fashioned way" with MapMyRun when I got back.

I remember those days!  Come to think of it I have an account on map my run that i have not used since getting my Garmin.

Nice double Scotty!

You get the choice of what's left BP.  Wink

Enjoy the time at the boat D2!

No 5k Boon?

LRB

I'll honestly try. Thanks! :-)

I had a 6 easy plus 5 x 5 minutes at tempo pace run this past spring and it was all I could do not to die from boredom from miles 3 to 6, gah!  So I know what you mean, but learning to hold back is as important as hitting race pace.

Enjoy running fast Moon!

You are putting a nice little streak together Marj! 

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

I will go ahead and disagree with that.  At this point the speed you have attained is yours to keep and you only need to strategically place your high mileage week and race tuneup run.

You are not too far removed from running a marathon so you have the endurance.  Get your issues worked out but do not give up on having a great race just yet.

Thanks for the support, LRB, I really appreciate that.  I need to hit that speed hard when I get back from Mammoth. When we are up there we run with the kids because a lot of the runs are 45+ minutes on trails in the woods, not too conducive for good speed workouts. My race isn't until the 24th so I suppose there is still time to be prepped.

Slymoon Runs

race obsessed

My legs are feeling fantastic. Yay. I'm hoping that it doesn't rain this evening. I want do go to the CrossFit class on the Greenway. My plan is, weather permitting, to go to the class, then go to the gym to serve an hour on the AMT or the ArcTrainer.

How can you do two workouts in one day? I just don't have that type of energy. Ah, to be young again...

If you would temper your 'normal' run pace you could!

(only speaking form experience here...)

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Someone should report here that Brrrita has arrived!

Damaris

Slymoon Runs

race obsessed

I will go ahead and disagree with that.  At this point the speed you have attained is yours to keep and you only need to strategically place your high mileage week and race tuneup run.

You are not too far removed from running a marathon so you have the endurance.  Get your issues worked out but do not give up on having a great race just yet.

To add, don't give up on having a great race until you are deep into the race and shit just isn't gelling. At that point adjust for a strong rest of the race.

No stress or harm in doing that, especially after I watched elites drop out like a swarm of flies when the race didn't go their way at the Woodlands HM.

Slymoon Runs

race obsessed

Someone should report here that Brrrita has arrived!

Woo!  sweet!

Now for the long long sleepless nights! now that will impact training!  and it is all worth it!

happylily

Woo!  sweet!

Now for the long long sleepless nights! now that will impact training!  and it is all worth it!

+1!   But Andrew has already been through it once, so he's no newbie. He'll do fine, I'm sure. Welcome to the world, little Brrita!

Sly, MP is normal run pace, right? Okay, I'll try sticking to that pace when I'm not doing speedwork. 

My little sister (who's 3 inches taller than me) is here to visit. She's staying over for supper. She was kind enough to offer to replace me at work so I could do my run early. I didn't get my whole 12 miles in, I felt I'd be taking advantage of her. But I did do 10, at 7:52 overall pace. 2 miles easy, 2 at just under MP and 6 at, or around, MP. I'll run 4 recovery miles later this evening.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Assuming she texts me the picture and that I don't look ridiculous, I have pics of me hanging from the cadillac resting the legs.

Damaris

Brrrrrrr

Uffda

Yep, Brrita arrived Tuesday afternoon (4:16PM). We went in to the hospital again to check things out and they admitted her. Got things rolling around noon when they broke her water, and they gave her an epidural around 1. Yeah, that's the wrong order that it should be done. Three hours later my second daughter entered the world. Smile Here's Hope Susan:

- Andrew

happylily

Yep, Brrita arrived Tuesday afternoon (4:16PM). We went in to the hospital again to check things out and they admitted her. Got things rolling around noon when they broke her water, and they gave her an epidural around 1. Yeah, that's the wrong order that it should be done. Three hours later my second daughter entered the world. Smile Here's Hope Susan:

Oh, Andrew... I have shivers just looking at her. She's so beautiful! And what a wonderful name you chose for her! Congratulations to you and your wife! And DD1 as well, I'm sure it hasn't been that easy for her recently. But soon, the whole family will be back together, safe and warm at home. Enjoy your new little bundle of love!