Beginners and Beyond

Early Bird Gets the Worm, Second Mouse Gets the Cheese Dailies (Read 55 times)

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Yep, Brrita arrived Tuesday afternoon (4:16PM). We went in to the hospital again to check things out and they admitted her. Got things rolling around noon when they broke her water, and they gave her an epidural around 1. Yeah, that's the wrong order that it should be done. Three hours later my second daughter entered the world. Smile Here's Hope Susan:

Welcome!  And congratulations!

Damaris

DavePNW

Huge congrats to the whole Brr family!!!

Dave

happylily

4 recovery miles done. Now shower and supper with Sophie. 

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

She is beautiful Brr:-)

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

outoftheblue

Congrats Andrew!  She's absolutely adorable.

Rats, Oski, I'm going to be at the expo in the morning.

Docket -- You're still in wave 6, right?  I hope I can see you there.

Life is good.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Congrats Andrew!  She's absolutely adorable.

Rats, Oski, I'm going to be at the expo in the morning.

Docket -- You're still in wave 6, right?  I hope I can see you there.

I am!  I'll be wearing a black top, these shorts:

And green and pink shoes.  Oh, and a dark pink hat.  I think you'll be able to find me. 

Damaris

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Yep, Brrita arrived Tuesday afternoon (4:16PM). We went in to the hospital again to check things out and they admitted her. Got things rolling around noon when they broke her water, and they gave her an epidural around 1. Yeah, that's the wrong order that it should be done. Three hours later my second daughter entered the world. Smile Here's Hope Susan:

Well done, Brr family!

LRB

I had a massage today and got worked over pretty thoroughly.  Including the psoas which she massaged through my stomach.   That was really, really weird.

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

I had a massage today and got worked over pretty thoroughly.  Including the psoas which she massaged through my stomach.   That was really, really weird.

Only way to get to the psoas since it starts in the front of the spine. And, it has to be someone that knows what they are doing. The abdominal part of the aorta (which is huge btw) is right by the psoas origin and you don't want someone massaging the artery versus the muscle.

Marjorie

Mitch, yay, that's so exciting!

Oski, what kind of experiment on the TM? Have a safe trip.

scottydawg, bravo on the double yesterday. Enjoy the sweaty 96F later.

Shari, excellent eight. Enjoy the hike with DS. B-Plus, have an amazing run.

DaveP MI great run this morning. A MP of 8:00? Cool. Perhaps I'll reach that level two lifetimes from now.

Dave, wonderful running yesterday and today. Have fun on your brother's boat.

Zelanie, terrific 10.4.

Jack K., super runs. What kind of massage did you get? Good luck to DD!

Marjorie, brava on the 10.1.

Slymoon Runs, what kind of quality workout do you have planned for tonight?

Lily, that was so kind of your sister! Excellent 10+4.

Congratulations to you, your wife, and DD1, Andrew! She's gorgeous! I love the expression on her faceSmile

I just finished an hour on the Arc Trainer. I'm on my way home to do push-ups and abs.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

That's how my massage therapist does it.  Best way to release the psoas, IMO.

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

And what Marjorie said, of course.

Damaris

outoftheblue

I love those shorts D!

I'll be wearing boring black shorts or a black running skirt and a blue tank top.  My wardrobe isn't quite as stylish as yours.

Life is good.

StepbyStep-SH

What a sweetheart, Andrew! Congratulations to your family!

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

Slymoon Runs

race obsessed

Basya

(5) 5 min @ 'Hard - by feel'  3 min between.

In some ways those are tougher than a set pace.  1st one will feel awesome and I'll run too fast to finish all of them at the same pace.

3rd one will suck so bad I'll want to quit, feeling a failure.

But at least I have a good idea what to think going into them...    Smile

Brrr

oh you have some stress in your future... say starting at 12+...