Beginners and Beyond

Early Bird Gets the Worm, Second Mouse Gets the Cheese Dailies (Read 55 times)

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I love those shorts D!

I'll be wearing boring black shorts or a black running skirt and a blue tank top.  My wardrobe isn't quite as stylish as yours.

But you're wearing a skirt!  That's stylish!  I usually wear skirts but I am so blah about this race and running in general lately, I decided to wear whichever and these shorts gave me a nice lucky marathon while my groins were hurting so they will do the job. 

Damaris

on my way to badass

Congrats Andrew! Hope is just beautiful!!

Still waiting for the perfect race picture. 5K PR-33:52 , 10K PR 1:11:16, First HM 2:42:28

LRB

Only way to get to the psoas since it starts in the front of the spine. And, it has to be someone that knows what they are doing. The abdominal part of the aorta (which is huge btw) is right by the psoas origin and you don't want someone massaging the artery versus the muscle.

I would not know.  This is my second massage therapist, I went to her because I decided last minute to get a massage before a race and my MT at the time was not available.  I have not gone back to my original since!

Hilary knows the body quite well and in fact resolved some long standing back pain I had been having with relative ease.  It was in my QL muscle which I did not even know what that was, but based on what I was describing she went right to it and that was the last of that pain that I have felt.

It is funny that we think of running in terms of the actual activity, but I have accrued a small team of professionals (sports doc, physical therapist, massage therapist, personal trainer) who are as responsible for my success this year as anything I am doing on my own.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Oooh those shorts are sexy... where did you get them?

Nevermind, read the logo on them 

I am!  I'll be wearing a black top, these shorts:

And green and pink shoes.  Oh, and a dark pink hat.  I think you'll be able to find me. 

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

LRB

(5) 5 min @ 'Hard - by feel'  3 min between.

I first saw this in Daniels' third edition but have not tried it.  At 5 minute intervals (which is a decent amount of time to run hard) I would guess it would be a little faster than tempo pace, but no faster than 5k pace.

There are those however (looks at Moon with a raised brow), who would probably run them close to mile pace.

LRB

Oooh those shorts are sexy... where did you get them?

It says Ink N burn in big letters on the left, but maybe that's a typo. 

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

I must say these shorts are sexy, not cheap but sexy.......... can't decide on which ones I would buy though... decisions, decisions, decisions....

Women's Performance Denim Shorts FrontWomen's Performance Denim Shorts Back

or these:

Women's Bloom Shorts Front Waistband DownWomen's Bloom Shorts Back Waistband Up

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Did you not see me edit my post? 

What the hell is with the sizes damn it......... what happened to S,M,L and so on?

It says Ink N burn in big letters on the left, but maybe that's a typo. 

PRs

Half Crazy K 2.0

I first saw this in Daniels' third edition but have not tried it.  At 5 minute intervals (which is a decent amount of time to run hard) I would guess it would be a little faster than tempo pace, but no faster than 5k pace.

There are those however (looks at Moon with a raised brow), who would probably run them close to mile pace.

The Red plan in the 2nd edition has 2x 5 min I pace, 3 min recovery, 3 min I, 3 min recovery in the final quarter. The 5 minutes seem to go on forever, especially the second time. This was tonight's workout.

LRB

Yep, Brrita arrived Tuesday afternoon (4:16PM).

Your wife must be so relieved to finally unload that loaf of bread.  Poor thing, let that be a lesson to her that abstinence pays. 

Congrats to you and your family!

happylily

FreeSoul, check the specials section on the Ink 'n Burn site. The fake denim shorts are on sale. But be careful, if you decide to buy, size down. I have a few of their skirts and shorts and they are all too large for me, unfortunately. I look like I'm wearing a colorful parachute. Only the bras fit true to size.

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I must say these shorts are sexy, not cheap but sexy.......... can't decide on which ones I would buy though... decisions, decisions, decisions....

Women's Performance Denim Shorts FrontWomen's Performance Denim Shorts Back

or these:

Women's Bloom Shorts Front Waistband DownWomen's Bloom Shorts Back Waistband Up

The bottom ones are on my avi.  I would buy them all.  I mean, I bought them all. 

But if not, the denim would match with anything you can think of.

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Did you not see me edit my post? 

What the hell is with the sizes damn it......... what happened to S,M,L and so on?

FYI, I am a 6 in inknburn, so they run true to size.

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Although apparently, Lily disagrees.  I wore a size 6 when I was a size 6 in everything else, FYI.  But i have big hips.

Damaris

happylily

FYI, I am a 6 in inknburn, so they run true to size.

Not for me.  I considered buying their shorts and skirts for little girls, but it made me feel silly.

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010