Beginners and Beyond

Question of the DAILIES (Read 47 times)

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Yeah you almost have to know your training paces across the board or you could end up spinning your wheels.

But when it's your fourth marathon and you are running all your easy runs at your 5K pace, you should know by hen, no?  Him and another friend who ran all runs at pace including the LR are now injured and I believe it's due to that.  Are men always this stubborn?

Damaris

happylily

All I ever write about is how important the why is.  Do you pay attention to anything I write? 

Of course I pay attention! I always sigh when I see you've written a post. And I bat my eyelashes. And I think "That good-looking Rick is sooo intelligent..." Then I sigh again. And I exit the thread. Sometimes I even read what you wrote.

I was joking. You are a good teacher and you speak the truth. The thing is that in the last 6 years, I've heard most of it. I can't repeat it myself, because I just want to get up in the morning, look at the plan of the moment and run the run. That's it. I don't want to over-think it. I have planned for a lot of serious things in my life and now, I just want to have fun. I'm past the cerebral part of my life. Pfitz, Hansons, Daniels, whatever... they're all the same to me. I give them $20 and they give me a plan and I try to follow it. Yes, I'm dumb like that. 

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

happylily

Well, then, you just take your shoes off and go into the ocean and  then just sit down in the water and pee!  Problem solved!   

That's just a nasty suggestion, Scotty. I'm a LADY!!! I don't do shit like that! 

LRB

But when it's your fourth marathon and you are running all your easy runs at your 5K pace, you should know by hen, no?  Him and another friend who ran all runs at pace including the LR are now injured and I believe it's due to that.  Are men always this stubborn?

Not sure if it is gender specific but I used to run my easy runs fast as hell.  I treated each as if it were a competition always trying to meet or exceed the previous time for a given route.

I had no concept what running easy meant, or was.  I just knew that running sucked but had no idea why.  Well I would later learn that I was running about a minute and a half too fast every mile, every day. 

LRB

Of course I pay attention! I always sigh when I see you've written a post. And I bat my eyelashes. And I think "That good-looking Rick is sooo intelligent..." Then I sigh again. And I exit the thread. Sometimes I even read what you wrote.

I was joking. You are a good teacher and you speak the truth. The thing is that in the last 6 years, I've heard most of it. I can't repeat it myself, because I just want to get up in the morning, look at the plan of the moment and run the run. That's it. I don't want to over-think it. I have planned for a lot of serious things in my life and now, I just want to have fun. I'm past the cerebral part of my life. Pfitz, Hansons, Daniels, whatever... they're all the same to me. I give them $20 and they give me a plan and I try to follow it. Yes, I'm dumb like that. 

Yeah you know me; whatever floats your boat, sail on it.  I am the last person to judge anyone for anything and have never uttered the words I told you so.  I am way too cool for that.  

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Scotty I wasn't at the beach but a very beautiful gated area. It is huge. Some nice ponds and golf course. Can't see much when dark but could see bits when by the street lights.

Marjorie

happylily

Yeah you know me; whatever floats your boat, sail on it.  I am the last person to judge anyone for anything and have never uttered the words I told you so.  I am way too cool for that.  

No, no... Go ahead, you know you want to. You want to tell me: Lily girl, you're on your way to your 15th BQ in 4 years. Rock on, woman!

Thanks, Rick.

LRB

You want to tell me: Lily girl, you're on your way to your 15th BQ in 4 years.

Well there is always that. 

LRB

And on that subject, it is really weird but that has never been a goal of mine. 

happylily

That was mean.

LRB

That was mean.

lol

It is the four Aces and two Jokers you always carry regardless of what else is in your hand.

happylily

And on that subject, it is really weird but that has never been a goal of mine. 

I never understood why people feel the need to say that.

happylily

lol

It is the four Aces and two Jokers you always carry regardless of what else is in your hand.

I don't get what you mean by that, but that's ok.

LRB

I never understood why people feel the need to say that.

One person out of a thousand saying they have no interest in BQ 'ing cannot be a threat to the masses who do.

No, they would most likely be viewed as a minority and ignored, as they usually are.

LRB

I don't get what you mean by that, but that's ok.

If someone has to explain a joke or a pun then the joke or pun failed.  That is not the first or last time that has or will happen.