Beginners and Beyond

On the Fifth Day, There Were THURSDAILIES (Read 44 times)

LRB

You have to go out into the cold to get to the treadmill, LRB?  I thought you had one at home, silly me.

No, it is at my work.  I am usually the only one there so for all intents and purposes it is mine.  Speaking of which, I got 7 miles done with 10 strides.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Mine is at work too (work gym) but I hope I can get one here soon (post-surgery).

Damaris

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

The last 3 nights have consisted of a total of maybe 8-10 hours of sleep, and this morning was really no different except Dorian wasn't acting so much like he was having abdominal pain but maybe a headache or something Sad I really cannot wait until he can talk and tell me what is wrong, I am seriously getting to my wits end with this. Nonetheless, I got my ass up at 5:10 AM this morning and took a long time getting ready........ I didn't want to go. Rocky and I got 8 miles done on slick, icy roads with 16 degrees but a feels like 5 and 8 mph N winds. School is still out so thankfully there wasn't a lot of traffic, I need lots of coffee today Sad I've got a 5k race this Saturday but I don't plan on running it hard, the plan is for Rocky and I to get in 7-8 miles before dawn, then I'll just enjoy the race and maybe a 3-4 mile run afterwards.... getting my long run in.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

LRB

I am very grateful, and fortunate to have a full size gym and shower facilities at work.  In fact, any time another job opportunity pops up it is one of the first things I have to consider.  Much to the chagrin of some of my coworkers, whom just do not get it.

happylily

The last 3 nights have consisted of a total of maybe 8-10 hours of sleep, and this morning was really no different except Dorian wasn't acting so much like he was having abdominal pain but maybe a headache or something Sad I really cannot wait until he can talk and tell me what is wrong, I am seriously getting to my wits end with this. Nonetheless, I got my ass up at 5:10 AM this morning and took a long time getting ready........ I didn't want to go. Rocky and I got 8 miles done on slick, icy roads with 16 degrees but a feels like 5 and 8 mph N winds. School is still out so thankfully there wasn't a lot of traffic, I need lots of coffee today Sad I've got a 5k race this Saturday but I don't plan on running it hard, the plan is for Rocky and I to get in 7-8 miles before dawn, then I'll just enjoy the race and maybe a 3-4 mile run afterwards.... getting my long run in.

You got it done, Andrea. You rock for that. I hope your little guy feels better soon. It's got to be tough not knowing what is going on when your child isn't feeling well. 

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

LRB

You got it done, Andrea. You rock for that. I hope your little guy feels better soon. It's got to be tough not knowing what is going on when your child isn't feeling well. 

Been there, done that, and so happy that part of my life is ova!  Of course you earn that freedom, which requires no less than a million sacrifices such as the ones she is experiencing now and some much more extreme.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Yeah, Andrea, do what you can and forget about the rest.  Hope Dorian feels better soon.

Damaris

Zelanie

Morning!  Snowing here, and supposed to snow all day.  DD's school is closed, mine is still open.  Hope they do call it, as we are supposed to get up to 7 inches and it will be tough to get everyone home safely (no salt and few plows here).

Yesterday I ran my track workout in 28 degrees with a "feels like" of 18.  I know that's practically summer compared to the temps that some of you have been dealing with, but that wind on the last turn sucked!  Today is 8 somehow, on the roads or the TM, we'll see.  My trip to the TM does involve walking 1/4 mile through snow.

Basya- Thanks for getting us started!  Hope you have a good time at the gym!

LRB- Hope the TM run went well!

Phil- Your slow is still my tempo!  But glad the legs are coming around.

Dave- Sounds like a great run!

Lily- Glad you're feeling better and get some recovery.  Hope DD is still feeling well!  My daughter was supposed to be a Feb. 15 baby, but she decided to be born in January instead.

Scotty- Morning!

D- What kind of car did you get?

FreeSoul- You are doing awesome this winter!

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Lincoln MKZ Hybrid.

Damaris

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Thanks Julie, D and LRB. I am so taking a nap when Dorian does this afternoon lol.

I honestly don't know what he is going through, but I think he has what I have - REM Sleep Disorder, where the paralysis that normally occurs during REM sleep is incomplete or absent, allowing the person to "act out" their dreams. My DH has told me that sometimes he fears for his life, I've actually ran off the bed 5 times during our years together, once stepping on his throat. Luckily, I haven't had any big issues while Dorian sleeps with us. Or he could be going through sleep terrors, it'll be nice when he can tell me what's wrong.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

Will run for scenery.

Well it's -12 F outside, so I'm calling it a "hat and gloves" day, among other things.  Yesterday I didn't check the temps, and I thought I was going to lose a finger.

I upped my run last night to 2.5 miles.  Today, my feet feel fine, legs and core feel awesome.  And doing those heel drop exercises seems to be helping with the AT.

Stupid feet!

Stupid elbow!

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

I am sick of winter, and I swear I will appreciate our summers so much more after this lol.

Morning!  Snowing here, and supposed to snow all day.  DD's school is closed, mine is still open.  Hope they do call it, as we are supposed to get up to 7 inches and it will be tough to get everyone home safely (no salt and few plows here).

Yesterday I ran my track workout in 28 degrees with a "feels like" of 18.  I know that's practically summer compared to the temps that some of you have been dealing with, but that wind on the last turn sucked!  Today is 8 somehow, on the roads or the TM, we'll see.  My trip to the TM does involve walking 1/4 mile through snow.

FreeSoul- You are doing awesome this winter!

PRs

LRB

I upped my run last night to 2.5 miles.  Today, my feet feel fine, legs and core feel awesome.

Winning!

StepbyStep-SH

FS - My son had sleep terrors a few times when he was 2 or 3. While it really is terrifying for the parents, because it is as though they can't see or hear you, the good thing is that they typically have no memory of it the next morning. Hope he feels better soon and you can all get the rest you need!

Julie/Lily - So excited for you! You will be the world's coolest (and hottest!) mamie ever!

I thought about running outside today, but I just don't think it would be much fun. We are still starting every day with sub-zero temps, with wind chill on top of it. So I'll get to the Y in time to run 6 easy miles before strength training class.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

Brrrrrrr

Uffda

I am very grateful, and fortunate to have a full size gym and shower facilities at work.  In fact, any time another job opportunity pops up it is one of the first things I have to consider.  Much to the chagrin of some of my coworkers, whom just do not get it.

I also have a gym with shower facilities at work. For the cost, I would wonder why any large business wouldn't have something like a gym. It is definitely handy for me. If I didn't have it I would have to lay out some decent cash for a myriad of cold weather gear.

Speaking of the gym, I ran on the TM there this morning. 8 miles, in fact, at an Easy pace.

Today my wife and I (and DD) are going to look at our first house since we started looking. It's the actual go inside and poke around type of looking at. My wife is getting down about the whole selling thing, and it's not very surprising. When she sees our house as a seller she sees all of the negatives. That's exactly why she's not going to be any part of the negotiations. As a seller you need to be keenly aware of your property, and you need to sell it with it's merits in mind, not it's faults.

- Andrew