Beginners and Beyond

On the Fifth Day, There Were THURSDAILIES (Read 44 times)

happylily

The first day of the week varies all over the world. In most cultures, Sunday is regarded as the first day of the week although many observe Monday as the first day of the week. According to the Bible, the Sabbath or Saturday is the last day of the week which marks Sunday as the first day of the week for many Jewish and Christian faiths, while many countries regard Monday as the first day of the week.

According to the international standard ISO 8601, Monday shall be the first day of the week ending with Sunday as the seventh day of the week. Although this is the international standard, countries such as the United States still have their calendars refer to Sunday as the start of the seven-day week.

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

Just B.S.

I believe I am in shock right now.

A local triathlete in his 30's from our club died  this morning after having surgery on the 4th of Feb.

He went in for back surgery and was doing well, then today an undetected blood clot killed him.

He is a young father of a 4 year old daughter. I am numb and in disbelief.

happylily

A local triathlete in his 30's from our club died  this morning after having surgery on the 4th of Feb.

He went in for back surgery and was doing well, then today an undetected blood clot killed him.

That is just awful... So so sorry, Beth. :-(

Brrrrrrr

Uffda

- Andrew

Brrrrrrr

Uffda

Wow, sorry Beth. That is just terrible. It's just so sad.

- Andrew

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Wow, Beth. Sorry to hear this.

That is one of my fears for next week.

Damaris

happylily

Don't be silly. It is a rare thing. You will be fine, ((D))).

Just B.S.

Thanks everyone.

It is extremely rare. It was the least of my worries when I had my surgery, 2 years ago today.

Makes his death a little more poignant for me personally as it is on the anniversary of my

own surgery. And he was a fellow triathlete in training for his first 1/2 Iron, the same one I

am doing in July as my first Sad

Zelanie

Beth- Sad news.

OK, nobody else upload any runs, because this is what happens when you sort the "reports" by time right now: Smile

#2 is also a Pace Cadet, woot!

Zelanie

I guess you guys know who I've been logstalking now, too.   I mostly blame the 2013 in 2013 game for that.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I guess you guys know who I've been logstalking now, too.   I mostly blame the 2013 in 2013 game for that.

Ha.  I have not run any kind of good mileage in months.  I cannot wait to get back to running.  I am not even on that list (OK, now I'm getting depressed).  Ha.

Damaris

LRB

You and an army of hundreds could not out stalk me stalking my log, I stare at that thing like it is going to suddenly move!  lol

In fact, I rarely if ever look at anyone's log because I am so in love with my own!  True story.

LRB

OK, nobody else upload any runs, because this is what happens when you sort the "reports" by time right now: Smile

#2 is also a Pace Cadet, woot!

Pace Cadets in the hizzy!  

Not that we are winning much but we still in the hizzy.  lol

LRB

And he was a fellow triathlete in training for his first 1/2 Iron, the same one I am doing in July as my first Sad

Now you have someone in part to dedicate your race to.

Zelanie

Pace Cadets in the hizzy!  

Not that we are winning much but we still in the hizzy.  lol

We are just pacing ourselves, I tell you!  We all know that January was a bust all the way around.