Beginners and Beyond

GUYS!!!!!! I'm running a half in HAWAII!!!! (Read 95 times)

tracilynn

Best gift ever!  Lucky dawg!

~~~~~~~

Traci

meaghansketch

How exciting!  I am sure you will have a great time!  Happy Birthday!

PADRunner

Approve Envy...

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Nice.

GinnyinPA

Sweet!  That will be great motivation to keep training over the winter.  You have very generous parents.

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Thanks guys!!!

Yeah my parentals are pretty awesome.

Coconut bra and hula skirt....haha sounds loke a great race outfit! Think the cocunuts will chafe me?

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

Bin Running

That's so cool a gift... Now, maybe I will hint to my wife I wanted to run there too..

2015 Races

2XU HM - 29 Mar

Love the Half

Please don't kill any more exclamation points.

Short term goal: 17:59 5K

Mid term goal:  2:54:59 marathon

Long term goal: To say I've been a runner half my life.  (I started running at age 45).

Brrrrrrr

Uffda

Congrats! I just love Hawai'i. I would absolutely live there, but my spouse wouldn't. Too much isolation. I guess it's a good place to visit. As others have said - lots of pics!

- Andrew

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

What a great present!  I am SO jealous!  Of all the many places I traveled to and lived in all over the world during my Air Force career - 18 of my 24 years in the Air Force were spent overseas - Hawaii  is my favorite place in the whole world!  That is where I actually met my wife, and we got married there, and the only place I ever really felt was like HOME for me.  I miss it a lot but it is so darn expensive to live there these days.  WHEN I win the lottery, I am going back there to live there forever!  Big grin

Congrats, Kristin, you should really enjoy it!  Not only the race, but all the surroundings too!  And don't do only the race.  If you are going to be there a while, get in some easy recovery runs post-race on the island. There are some beautiful running locales in Hawaii!   Running there is quite a nice experience.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

kettledrum

Happy birthday,  sounds so awesome!

Pinktastic

What incredible gifts!!   Train hard and stay healthy so that you can fully enjoy such an awesome present!   You really hauled in the loot this year!

But The Smile That I Sent Out Returned With You.

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Thank you everybody.... I'm incredibly excited!

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

SheCan

Oh Kristin that is so exciting and fun!   Congratulations on this opportunity.   I got to run a half there several years ago, and it felt so special.  Just be prepared for it to be a bit warm and humid.  Joking

Cherie

"We do not become the people who this world needs simply by turning our backs on anyone we don’t like, trust, or deem healthy enough to be in our presence. "  ---- Shasta Nelson

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Oh Kristin that is so exciting and fun!   Congratulations on this opportunity.   I got to run a half there several years ago, and it felt so special.  Just be prepared for it to be a bit warm and humid.  Joking

Was it Hapalua in Honolulu or a different one?

And the start time is 6:00am....I should be finished a bit before 8:30, maybe even closer to 8:00 if training goes well...so that helps with the heat! Thankfully....cuz I don't do well with heat and humidity.