Beginners and Beyond

Truth be Told TuesDAILIES (Read 41 times)

LRB

Do not make fun of a big man with a lisp...

He's probably thick and tired of it.  

LRB

'Sup yo!

Were those tornado sirens that woke me up at 3:30 this morning?  I mean seriously, whose dumb ass idea was that?  I thought most Americans would prefer to die in there sleep, not wake up and die. 

Anyway, hopefully the storms cleared away some of the mugginess for my run...which I actually need to be getting the hell out of here for, see ya!

delicate flower

Hi!

LMAO!!!

Bailed on a planned bike ride last night.  My legs didn't mind the rest and they are feeling good this morning.  Triathlon relay race again tonight which means a "5K" trail run for me.  Last week I ran it on gassed legs, having run and biked the day before and run the morning of (did I use ran/run there correctly???).  Today my legs will be rested and I will be disappointed if I don't beat last week's time, 90 degrees be damned.  Bring it.

<3

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning.  8-10 miles tonight.

We had tornado sirens all afternoon yesterday.  Fortunately, they work as thunderstorm alarms too so that's why they were ringing.  Still, that might explain why I had a dream with tornadoes in it.

Damaris

delicate flower

Oh and I signed up for a HM last night.  That is almost as fun as actually running it.

<3

happylily

I declare everyone an honorary Canadian today. Canadian beer is on me. Happy Canada Day dailies peeps! 

Tornadoes, LRB? That's scary shit. I think that of all the natural catastrophes on earth, it's the one I find the most frightful.

I did not sleep at all. We're having a mini heat wave here and last night was hot and muggy, no breeze. I have no A/C. It was hell and there was a mosquito in the bedroom on top of everything. When I finally fell asleep around 5 am, I was awoken by my cat one hour later. She was pawing me in the face, softly and lovingly, asking me for breakfast. I can't say no to that little fur ball. Made coffee, then fought with the new jar of jam. It wouldn't open and I started getting angry, because I used to be so strong and now I'm not. So I'm working hard on that lid, cursing, etc... when it suddenly untwisted and the lid opened and all the jam went flying on the floor. Peach jam from France that's effing expensive, no less. Urgh... I can't wait to go to bed tonight. I'm glad I don't have to work today, I feel like a zombie.

I ran 8 at 8:14 pace last night. I'll run 10 at about the same pace today.

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

happylily

Oh and I signed up for a HM last night.  That is almost as fun as actually running it.

Details, please?

happylily

Hi!

LMAO!!!

Bailed on a planned bike ride last night.  My legs didn't mind the rest and they are feeling good this morning.  Triathlon relay race again tonight which means a "5K" trail run for me.  Last week I ran it on gassed legs, having run and biked the day before and run the morning of (did I use ran/run there correctly???).  Today my legs will be rested and I will be disappointed if I don't beat last week's time, 90 degrees be damned.  Bring it.

Yes, you used ran/run correctly, thank you. I hate when people say "I would have ran". Irregular verbs are all I know about English, don't ask me anything else.

delicate flower

Details, please?

http://www.shorelinesharks.com/Events/Gulf_Beach_Half_Marathon.htm

Half marathons don't get much flatter than this.  I've got 10 weeks between now and then to get faster.  I am hoping to PR (don't I always).

Happy Canada Day!

<3

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Half marathons don't get much flatter than this.  I've got 10 weeks between now and then to get faster.  I am hoping to PR (don't I always).

Happy Canada Day!

I am sure I can find you a flatter one down here.

It's super cloudy and rainy.  We flooded last night.  The Tropical Storm is to our East, so I wonder if my running will be done in nice temps, you know, like 85F, this week.

Damaris

happylily

Happy Canada Day!

10 weeks is a good length of time for focusing on speed. Running on a boardwalk, by the ocean, you should get some nice cool breezes. Sounds like a nice race, I hope you PR!

happylily

Do not make fun of a big man with a lisp...

He's probably thick and tired of it.  

I just suddenly got the joke. It took me 2 coffees. 

LRB

lily you better put that shit back in the jar and eat it. lol

D, they double as thunderstorm sirens here too, which is what it was.

Baboon, is it you do run, run, run or you do ran, ran, ran?  

Good luck with the half marathon training!  Might wanna throw a couple of 5 and 10k's in there somewhere.  I definitely would.

LRB

I just suddenly got the joke. It took me 2 coffees. 

You crack me up!

Brrrrrrr

Uffda

Morning.

The radar showed no showers, but when I stepped out the door there was a little drizzle. It actually stopped for most of my run, but then turned in to something resembling a sprinkle on the way home. Not too bad considering it was 59 degrees out. 5.7 Easy miles completed.

I talked to DW last night about registering for that 10k on Friday. Not really a goal race, just something to gauge my fitness as I go in to HM training. It will be nice getting on an actual plan, because I operate quite well in a structured environment.

Driving down the interstate this morning I saw that one of the state workers had dumped their 4x4 utility vehicle on it's side in the ditch. Sucks to be them. It should be interesting to see how they get it corrected on the side of the interstate.

- Andrew