Beginners and Beyond

Truth be Told TuesDAILIES (Read 41 times)

Zelanie

Nice running there Z! I have a race on Friday, but thinking about doing some Interval work tomorrow. Hmmm, maybe that's too close to the race.

I am debating my speedwork next week since I have a race that weekend.  I think I'll do the Tuesday session, but not Thursday.  Wednesday - Friday might be cutting it close.

Lily- Thank you!  I might be getting close to 17!  I made it from one side of downtown to another without making any wrong turns yesterday!

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

No. Just making sure that B-Plus's assessment was correct.

Yes, we have to be precise.  Maybe you should check one more time to make sure?

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I am debating my speedwork next week since I have a race that weekend.  I think I'll do the Tuesday session, but not Thursday.  Wednesday - Friday might be cutting it close.

Lily- Thank you!  I might be getting close to 17!  I made it from one side of downtown to another without making any wrong turns yesterday!

You do look 17....  I'm jealous.

Damaris

Cyberic

All my paces are based on actual race result and not on target expectations but I still don't get how you all manage 8x400 at Interval speed (3-5k pace). I did 5 x 2 minutes at I speed this morning(500 m-ish) with 2 mins at easy pace in between, and my first rep was actually at Threshold speed(was still sleepy) and it was enough. Could have done another but not 3 more.

happylily

All my paces are based on actual race result and not on target expectations but I still don't get how you all manage 8x400 at Interval speed (3-5k pace). I did 5 x 2 minutes at I speed this morning(500 m-ish) with 2 mins at easy pace in between, and my first rep was actually at Threshold speed(was still sleepy) and it was enough. Could have done another but not 3 more.

It's hot here today. Zel did her speedwork inside a gym, probably with A/C. B-Pus lives in Vancouver where it's probably cooler. LRB is an expert at intervals and has been doing them for a long time. Had it been cooler here this morning, you'd have been fine.

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

LRB

I have a race on Friday, but thinking about doing some Interval work tomorrow. Hmmm, maybe that's too close to the race.

Depends on your goals and how well you recover.  Me?  No way, but you are not me...and you are lucky!  lol

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

It's hot here today. Zel did her speedwork inside a gym, probably with A/C. B-Pus lives in Vancouver where it's probably cooler. LRB is an expert at intervals and has been doing them for a long time. Had it been cooler here this morning, you'd have been fine.

LMFAO.  Woman!  You need to look at that picture a bit more.  You're losing your mind!

Damaris

happylily

LMFAO.  Woman!  You need to look at that picture a bit more.  You're losing your mind!

LOL... I'm friggin blind in one eye! It's not my fault. 

Slymoon Runs

race obsessed

Remote in Little Rock Arkansas - I managed to find/ figure a route so no TM boredom for me!

Some grade changes and running out of time prior to meeting - so I did 15 instead of 16.  Wink

No worries.

Meanwhile I'm sitting on the 12th floor of an abandoned building sweating ( no power no insulation no open windows.) and chillin.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

As of today, July 1st, my debut marathon is only 4 months away!!!!!!!!!!

That is all Smile

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

B-Plus

Lily!!!! - He only has 2 arms, so stop looking for hair on the 3rd 

Great job on the intervals. Metric treadmill? Send Lily one of those. I think you're doing Hansons, and he tells you to cut the Thursday workout, move Saturday to Thursday, race Saturday, and the rest will be the same. Of course if your race is Sunday, you will need further rejigging, just make sure it makes sense.

1600 @ 10k (6:07)-5k (5:52) pace (target = 6:05-5:50)

My plan was to stay at the slower end and try to hit right around 10k goal pace. HIt the first 200 in 48 seconds which was about 3 seconds slow, but finished 3 seconds ahead of schedule @ 6:02. Some erratic pacing for the first 600m.

400 jog (2:51 - recovery times are included for Baboon's benefit).

4 x 400m @ 5k (5:52) goal pace (target = 88 seconds)

1:27 (41/46) + 200m jog in 1:36

1:27 (41/46) + 200m jog in 1:40

1:25 (42/43) + walking/standing around while refuelling for 1:40

1:26 (42/44) + 400m jog in 3:05

1600 @ 10k (6:07)-5k (5:52) pace (target = 6:05-5:50)

Plan was to try to hit as close to 5k pace as possible (5:50 over 1600m)

Started out a bit fast at 41 seconds, hit the 1400m mark @ 5:12, and finished in 5:55 so a bit slow but I'm happy with the workout.

My first real workout, albeit just an intro was May 4 - a fartlek. First time to the track was 3 weeks ago for 12 x 400. The following week was a hill workout, and last week I did 6x800m. The same paces are getting easier every time. I guess instead of showing off so much I could have just said +1 to LRB.

happylily

LOL... He's not even my type anyway. I've stopped looking. 

That was a great workout, B-Plus. Great improvement in just 2 months. That last mile was kickass. Aren't you affected at all by the heat?

I have to go back later for two miles. I was supposed to do strides, but I didn't have the energy at the end of my 10 miler this morning. That heat is making me super lazy.

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

I don't know you, but to me, naked hot men are more interesting than track work....

Well, after my run I am a naked hot man when I get into the shower....but you certainly would not want to see that!  It's a different kind of hot...and I have a lot more body expansion than that other guy...you'd end up wanting to put your eyes out! 

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Tropical Storm Arthur has formed just East of us.  We've been getting the outer bands since Sunday.  We had flash floods on Sunday.  So, East Coasters, be prepared for rain.  A LOT OF IT!

Sounds like you might have a bad KNIGHT coming....bwaaaahaaaaahaaaha! 

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

B-Plus

LOL... He's not even my type anyway. I've stopped looking. 

That was a great workout, B-Plus. Great improvement in just 2 months. That last mile was kickass. Aren't you affected at all by the heat?

I have to go back later for two miles. I was supposed to do strides, but I didn't have the energy at the end of my 10 miler this morning. That heat is making me super lazy.

Thanks Lil. It was pretty hot out there. I'm just glad I got it done in 21C, now I can rest up before enjoying some brew when it hits 28 later today.