Beginners and Beyond

Chicago Marathon race report (Read 125 times)

hog4life

Holy smokes B! Congratulations on a great race.

Nata2011

Just....excellent! I want to be like you when I grow upSmile

happylily

I had no doubt that you had that race in you. It was just a matter of time, and a little bit of extra training. Well done, B! What a fantastic finish time! But next time, let's arrange a quick FE. I think you and I were the only Canadians there. :-)

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

meaghansketch

Amazing, amazing job.  You set a smart goal for yourself, held some amazingly even splits up till halfway, and then just pushed enough to get the best time you could without blowing up.  It sounds like everything just came together for you.  You must be thrilled with the result.  Congratulations!

RSX

Congrats on a great race, and Happy Thanksgiving.

Zelanie

It was your day, for sure!  I am so happy that it all came together for you, and that you had the confidence to just go for it!

Bin Running

Congrats on the fast race.. You are smoking fast..

2015 Races

2XU HM - 29 Mar

Antipodean

A mind-boggling performance! Your excitement about your success is infectious and makes me think I too could one day run a marathon. When everything falls together like that in a race it's almost delerious! Way to go!!

Julie

"It's not the mountain we conquer, but ourselves."

~ Sir Edmund Hillary

Goorun

Great race B, those splits are unbelievable. Fantastic execution. Way to represent Vancouver in Chicago.

Sub 2:50 next year ?

Slow and steady never wins anything.

Baboon

delicate flower

What a fantastic race!  Congratulations, B-P!

<3

Brrrrrrr

Uffda

Great job B+! To come back from running and run sub 3 is just amazing! You definitely have proven that you've had speed, and now you can add a marathon to an event you're fast at. Great job!

- Andrew

Pinktastic

Holy cannoli!!   What an awesome race!!   You were so diligent in your training and your hard work paid off in a HUGE way!!   How exciting for you!    I can't wait to see what you'll do next!

Have you had time to think about your next goal?  I have no doubt that you'll SMASH it as well!

But The Smile That I Sent Out Returned With You.

Just B.S.

B-Plus I am not even sure what to say about such a brilliant race and finish time

except to say it was a A-Plus+++++++ performance!!! Congrats you must still be

on cloud 9!

HobbitLegs

elevenses

I will pile on to the congrats. I'm so happy you had such a great day!

Love the Half

Sweet.  Really nice race.

Short term goal: 17:59 5K

Mid term goal:  2:54:59 marathon

Long term goal: To say I've been a runner half my life.  (I started running at age 45).