Beginners and Beyond

Penguins Friggatriskaidekaphobia FriDAILY (Read 28 times)

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

The "Penguin" daily threads were originally conceived to emphasize that all members of the community have a place on the boards. Encouragement, motivation, a little love nip (you will love one, give it a try!) or even a little kick in the pants when needed -- it can happen here.

Basically, we celebrate just getting out there and moving our tails!What is "slow"? "Slow" is a perception but one of the common benchmarks is the 10:00/mi pace; but there's no firm line. In fact, there are many of us that have slipped past this, and just hope that no one notices and revokes their "igloo privileges."

It can be confusing for the forum newbies, but we're not one of the teams in any of the fine games. It's a totally open group, so stop lurking, post an introduction of yourself dive in and join the fun! No application necessary! There might even be a lovely picture for Scotty (we love pics!)

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Why am I up so early?  Must be stressing over keeping the streak going in the cold weather.

Vacation is officially over since I never work on Friday, so Happy Weekend !!!

Dad on the run.

And here I was thinking I would get to start the thread again today! GO BACK TO BED! I at least have an excuse for being up so early. I had to be at work at 5am.

Sister's team lost their volleyball game lastnight and the week before that... They really need a lot of practice but at least they really seem to enjoying themselves so that's a good thing right? I mean the whole "idea" is to have fun, which I really don't understand, I am a very very sore loser so to me losing is never fun, but hey, it wasn't about me Smile

Shooting for another 3.5 tonight. I"m going to attempt 3.5 every day for the rest of this month even if I have to wog it.

What's the challenge going to be for next month?

Chasing the sub 20 5K.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning!  5 done, more tonight.

\Hi, Jerry, Jimmy!

Damaris

hog4life

Hi Jerry, Jimmy,and Docket.

Looking for a 2-3 run/walk with Bella this afternoon.

Mmmmm...beer

Good morning!!

I think I ran through about a dozen spider webs this morning, I am officially a kung-fu master! Smile

It was a little cooler this morning, dewpoint is 69*, not exactly fall yet, but I'll take it.  Should be in the low 60s for my long run tomorrow, woohoo!

Hope everyone has a great day!

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

52F. Think we will try a LR later if our old bodies allow it.

PADRunner

Morning all.

Intervals yesterday and 5 easy this morning. I got roped into 2 legs of a Senior Tri tomorrow. 300 yd swim 3 bike 1 run. I'll be doing the bike & run.

Bin Running

Morning all. Rest day for me.

Read that some suggested to have my hse checked for mold. My hse is abt 4 yr old. Possible? Maybe office as I spend significant time there too.

2015 Races

2XU HM - 29 Mar

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Hi Pens.

SRD for me. Man, running in the heat makes my legs tired! Also, I signed up for a Halloween 10k. I won't be wearing a costume, however, I plan on racing it.

Have a nice weekend.

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Rest day for me today.  I get to leave work at 9 a.m. today for an upper G.I. and a full body scan at the military hospital.  Swallow barium and get injected with dye...fun stuff! Roll eyes   After that, will do the grocery shopping for Gail, who has a very hectic day at her office today as she is one of only 3 admins there today for about 20 execs, since all the 'big wigs' have a conference today and took most of the admins with them for whatever reasons.  Since Gail is the admin exec for the local company President,  he had her stay in the office because he trusts her to watch over things.  She has a very good rep at work, but it sure keeps her busy!    Relaxing weekend after that for me and Gail as I have NO races scheduled on the weekend for a change.  Tomorrow is her company picnic, followed by us watching the Alabama - Texas A&M football game.  And for once, Traci, I am rooting for Alabama.  IMHO, that Johnny Football kid needs a lesson in humility, so I hope the Crimson Tide kicks Aggie butt!

Today is - GASP -  Friday the 13th, Sep 13...holidays for today are:

National Peanut Day and Snack On A Pickle Day

Fortune Cookie Day

Positive Thinking Day

Uncle Sam Day - his image was first used on this day in 1813

Defy Superstition Day

peanut cartoons, peanut cartoon, peanut picture, peanut pictures, peanut image, peanut images, peanut illustration, peanut illustrations

KEYWORD1  2012-03-06  music  celebrity  celebrities  rock and roll  rock music  singer  singers  per

KEYWORD1  2004-10-03  sunday cartoon  sunday cartoons  color cartoon  color cartoons  plantar wart

pickle cartoons, pickle cartoon, pickle picture, pickle pictures, pickle image, pickle images, pickle illustration, pickle illustrations

fortune cookie cartoons, fortune cookie cartoon, fortune cookie picture, fortune cookie pictures, fortune cookie image, fortune cookie images, fortune cookie illustration, fortune cookie illustrations

KEYWORD1  2011-04-13  food  foods  eat  eating  dine  dining  meal  meals

positive thinking cartoons, positive thinking cartoon, positive thinking picture, positive thinking pictures, positive thinking image, positive thinking images, positive thinking illustration, positive thinking illustrations

positive attitude cartoons, positive attitude cartoon, positive attitude picture, positive attitude pictures, positive attitude image, positive attitude images, positive attitude illustration, positive attitude illustrations

KEYWORD1  2008-07-24  mouse  mice  cat  cats  feline  felines  pet  pets

Uncle Sam cartoons, Uncle Sam cartoon, Uncle Sam picture, Uncle Sam pictures, Uncle Sam image, Uncle Sam images, Uncle Sam illustration, Uncle Sam illustrations

KEYWORD1  2012-04-13  car  cars  auto  autos  automobile  automobiles  vehicle  vehicles

KEYWORD1  2010-08-13  dog  dogs  canine  canines  pet  pets  animal  animals

KEYWORD1  2008-06-13  dog  dogs  canine  canines  pet  pets  animal  animals

superstition cartoons, superstition cartoon, superstition picture, superstition pictures, superstition image, superstition images, superstition illustration, superstition illustrations

KEYWORD1  2009-04-04  eva  husband  husbands  wife  wives  religion  religions  relationship

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Zelanie

Morning!  Finally Friday!  The social run was lots of fun last night.  For today, I need a change of scenery, so I am going to park at DD's school and run while she is in robotics, and then pick her up from there.

Traci, thanks for doing the plank challenge.  I went from 2:00 to 3:00, so 33% improvement.  But more importantly, I think I can almost sort of see some muscle definition in the ab area! Smile

Mia has been eating most of the tomatoes in the garden, and I just looked and she's figured out how to pull up carrots to eat them, too!

Jerry- Once more day of being a deck potato?  After the LR, of course!

Jimmy- Of course it's about having fun.  Or rather, it's about being healthy and active so that they will all grow up to be more likely to STAY active, right?

D- Nice miles!

Mitch- Have a nice run/walk with Bella!

D2- Must have been out before everyone else this AM!

PAD- Good luck tomorrow!

Bin- I don't know much about mold, but I hope that you get to the bottom of this!

Jack- Ooh, more races to look forward to!

Scotty- Enjoy the "rest weekend"!

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

You NEVER work on Fridays?  That must be nice, Jerry.  What the heck do you do that you have a permanent 3-day weekend?  Enjoy your nice weather while it lasts....cuz Chicago has BRUTAL winters, doesn't it?   That is one season where I will get even with all you folks who have pleasant summer and fall weather, VERY mild winters here in San Antone.    While you'll be coping with freezing temps, I'll be running in December and January in temps from low 40s to mid 60s.   Nice. Big grin

Good luck with your  3.5M streaking for the month, Jimmy!  My challenge for the month...trying to eat way less fast food...I am very bad at behaving in that area,  I do eat way too much fast food/junk food.  I need to cut that out; especially at my age, my metabolism ain't that of a young man's anymore, and I don't burn those calories off as fast as I used to....although in my mind I'm still 30, lol.  Sometimes I get out there for a run and think "I can run like I did when I lived in Hawaii' and I start taking off...and then about a mile later Legs and Body are SCREAMING at Brain:  "WTH!! You think we're still 30? SLOW US THE HELL DOWN, you idiot BRAIN or we're not even going to be able to get out of bed tomorrow!"  lol.

Damaris was an early bird runner today!  Cats wake you up early?

Enjoy the walk with Bella, Mitch.  Is Bella your doggie?  If you got another dog and named it Donna..then you'd have no worries at all walking them cuz no one would come near you since you were walking with...Bella Donna.... Joking

Nice weather to run in, Dave!   Send some of that Texas way.  Flippin' high of 98 degrees today in San Antonio!

Good luck with the Tri tomorrow, PAD!  Happy biking and running!

Happy rest day, Bin!  House may be about 4 years old, but you are in Singapore, and it rains pretty darn good there during the 'season', right?  Kinda typical weather like the Philippines has, as I recall from when I lived there..warm temps, moisture, humidity, kinda 'swampy' feeling at times...prime conditions for mold spoors.   So could very well be.

Sorry, Jack, that you too are still getting the warm conditions.   Sure wish Fall would get here for both of us!  As for Halloween, you could always go in costume as "Adam"....and then you'd really be speedy, with a minimum of gear on... Joking   BTW, what did Eve say when Adam asked her for a date?   "Gee, I dunno...cuz I don't know you from Ad.....er...you."  Wink

Happy running today, Zelanie!  Your daughter is taking robotics at school?  That is one advanced school!

Chat with all of you later...off to my doc appointment, oh yay!

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Zel: don't sell yourself short; that's a 50% improvement!

Scotty: Ummm, I think I will pass on the Adam costume. Lol Smile

Singer who runs a smidge

Hi Penguins!!  Well, I have an engineer here fixing my broken instrument, so he's got the thing in pieces and lying around on the lab bench.  And, of course, my lab safety inspection was due to start 5 minutes ago.  I figure assuming the lady shows, I'll just let her find whatever she finds and fix it later.  It's all good.

Ok, gotta run back in the lab and hover over the engineer!  Running tonight, hopefully.

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.