Beginners and Beyond

WednesDAILIES! (Read 39 times)

Toronto

Seven Deadly Shins

Score!

Stepped out of my car and what did I see?  A five dollar bill on the ground next to me.  

LRB

According to my log, I hit 2307 miles for the year last night.  That is significant for me because it's a one year PR (out of four years).

G could eat a lot of pop tarts on that kind of mileage!

Speaking of which I had the blueberry version this morning and it occurred to me while gobbling them up that the reason I could not remember which I liked best (frosted strawberry or frosted blueberry) is because I liked them both.  

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Happy birthday Majorie!

Rest day for me, except for chasing a toddler around.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Hi dailies:

Marjorie - yo

Cy - nice repeats

T-dot - don't forget your tuque

Baboon - congrats on the mileage PR!

Sly - have fun, be safe

DaveP - Another year is almost here

Scotty - that sounds pleasant, we're going to see the white stuff by Saturday.  Forecast calls for .1 inch, I'm expecting up to 6 due to margin of error.

D - have a good 6

D^2 - good recovery to you

Rick - free money!  What are you going to buy with it?

Jack - pics!

Free - that does not sound like rest at all.

Gonna get some outside miles done before ye olde TM becomes a way of life.

happylily

Computer problems be dammed. Why don't they make these things waterproof? I only dropped my small laptop in the sink full of water for like what... 5 seconds? And it died! Last year, I dropped another one in the bath, and it died also. Are these things stupid, or what?  I'm on SO's computer at the moment, until I get myself to Future Shop later tonight...

A run tonight, not sure how many miles...

Happy Birthday, Marjorie!

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Hi dailies

Free - that does not sound like rest at all.

Gonna get some outside miles done before ye olde TM becomes a way of life.

It isn't lol which is why I am resting today and tomorrow from running.

I am seriously considering buying some crampons or what just to be ready for any snow or ice this winter.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

I ran 10.2 miles today.  Now just work stuff.

Thanks for the birthday thoughts.

Marjorie

B-Plus

Srd

Went to the hockey game last night, but I did not get to skate out with the team.

LRB

Jay I bought a "Cousin Carl" which is scrambled eggs, hash browns, grilled onions and provolone all drizzled with hot sauce and comes in a wrap.

adkkev

I am seriously considering buying some crampons or what just to be ready for any snow or ice this winter.

Crampons?  

onemile

I prefer these for winter running:

http://www.icespike.com/store/index.html

They are grippier than machine screws and don't poke thru at all.

(more for ice than snow though. I avoid running through more than a light amount of snow)

LRB

It will be that time of year soon, damn.

Yak Trax are really nice too, but limited in application.  They're great on ice and helpful in thin snow when you still contact pavement, but superfluous in deeper snow.

adkkev

I use these YakTrax for running when it's icy/snowy/slushy ... they work pretty well.

When the snow is deep, then it's time to go snowshoeing.  If you want a good workout, try breaking trail some time.

Baboon

delicate flower

Here is what I use for running in the snow and ice:

<3