Beginners and Beyond

WednesDailies (Read 18 times)

Fredford66

Waltons ThreadLord

In the office today and didn't get up super-early for a run.  Also, community band rehearsal tonight, so today will be the usual rest day.  My legs are not as sore from yesterday's speed work as they were the day after last week's workout.  I guess that's a good sign.

5k 23:48.45 (3/22); 4M 31:26 (2/22); 5M 38:55 (11/23); 10k 49:24 (10/22); 
    10M 1:29:33 (2/24); Half 1:48:32 (10/22); Marathon 4:29:58 (11/23)

Upcoming races: Running is Back 10k, 5/12; Greta's Run 5k, 5/19

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning! Woke up at 7:30am and couldn't sleep any more. That's good because then I can go to bed earlier today since I WFH tomorrow. Last day of vacation, boo.

I was supposed to try a run today but I'm going to pass. My toes are still blistered.

I have the sniffles but so far, testing negative for Covid.

Damaris

Fredford66

Waltons ThreadLord

Morning! Woke up at 7:30am and couldn't sleep any more. That's good because then I can go to bed earlier today since I WFH tomorrow. Last day of vacation, boo.

I was supposed to try a run today but I'm going to pass. My toes are still blistered.

I have the sniffles but so far, testing negative for Covid.

Nice London photo for your avatar.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Nice London photo for your avatar.

Thanks. I run so low to the ground, you can't tell if I'm running or walking there (I was walking, lol)

Damaris

Baboon

delicate flower

Ski vacation day four on tap.  I brought running clothes but have thus far been too damn tired from skiing to care about running, as is typical with these trips.

<3

Half Crazy K 2.0

4 miles

sdWhiskers

4 miles with 6 x 400. Didn't go too badly. With a hard stop at 7am, I didn't really have time for much of a cool down though.

sdWhiskers

Thanks. I run so low to the ground, you can't tell if I'm running or walking there (I was walking, lol)

Yes, a great photo!

DavePNW

BABOON AND DOCKET: you owe us race reports!

I went to the track and ran a race-week mini-workout of 8x400m + 3x200m. It went pretty much as well as it could. I'm feeling tapered and ready for race day to get here. Weather forecast is still looking pretty good, fingers crossed it holds.

Dave

Fredford66

Waltons ThreadLord

We had "Hostile Intruder" training at work today - what to do in case of an incursion by a hostile party.  What a thoroughly depressing situation.  Just the fact that the company felt it necessary is sad.

sdWhiskers

We had "Hostile Intruder" training at work today - what to do in case of an incursion by a hostile party.  What a thoroughly depressing situation.  Just the fact that the company felt it necessary is sad.

I've heard about that but haven't seen it first hand. Unfortunately, my Kid ever since like birth has to deal with training like that at school. Very sad.

Fredford66

Waltons ThreadLord

I've heard about that but haven't seen it first hand. Unfortunately, my Kid ever since like birth has to deal with training like that at school. Very sad.

Good point. My kids have had more of this training than I have.

BerthaSlayer

MM#5991

It's hard to find the mojo to post when I'm not running. I do agree that we need race reports from everyone. I shall live vicariously through them. 😊

Lori

*it's Bertha or me. My money is on me.*

**"There is no growth in the comfort zone and no comfort in the growth zone".---- Sandy**

Half Crazy K 2.0

Active shooter or whatever you want to call it has been in schools for 20 years or so.

DavePNW

It's hard to find the mojo to post when I'm not running. 

I’m the same way. When I disappear for any extended period, you know why.

Dave