Beginners and Beyond

Hopeful Thursdailies (Read 44 times)

B-Plus

Just a real quick fly-by as I need time to pick up coffee on the way to my late start to work this morning.

16 mi w/ 10 @ MP. The MP felt relatively easy at a bit faster pace than usual, despite still experiencing some tightness in my left PF. It could be the cooler weather, fresher legs, and new shoes. Or taper is starting to fuck with me already. Hopefully I don't charge out of the gate like a freaking lunatic on race day and then crash and burn.

SUSchnauzer

Run Long, Hard, and Fast

A lot of good stuff from you guys on my question. I really feel like I understand the concept better. Thank you.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Just a real quick fly-by as I need time to pick up coffee on the way to my late start to work this morning.

16 mi w/ 10 @ MP. The MP felt relatively easy at a bit faster pace than usual, despite still experiencing some tightness in my left PF. It could be the cooler weather, fresher legs, and new shoes. Or taper is starting to fuck with me already. Hopefully I don't charge out of the gate like a freaking lunatic on race day and then crash and burn.

Nice job.  Hope the PF does not get worse.

Damaris

Brrrrrrr

Uffda

If you are using Daniels, you would train at your current vdot, whatever that is.  The caveat of course is if you are in the middle of training for a marathon, which you are.  So the question you have to ask is have you had enough time training at this new vdot, to justify an attempt at its correlating MP.  If the answer is no, then continue on your current path.

I do not quite understand your last sentence but it looks like you are planning a positive split.  Marathons should be to run as even splits as you possibly can, or a slight negative split, while understanding that a fade late in the race is normal.  Planning for a positive split however, as has been told to me, is a blowup waiting to happen.

Maybe you're reading that backwards (or maybe I am) Rick. So my GMP is 8:35. So I plan to run the front half at 8:40 - 8:45ish. I want to hit 8:35 as I cross the midway point, and then slowly creep in to 8:30 down to 8:20 by mile 20. Then play it by ear from there.

- Andrew

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

What a nice run/walk this morning!   65 degrees, low humidity, dewpoint in the 60s, sweeet.  Got up at 4:30 am., was at they Y by 5:15 a.m. and got in 3.2 miles in Brackenridge Park and by the San Antonio Zoo.  Felt great and all my running segments were strong.  Love running in Brackenridge Park in early a.m.   No traffic, streets are well-lighted, and you can run right down the middle of the park roads, so no road camber.   On the way back to the Y, ran through this one very peaceful neighborhood and this dog was sitting out in front of his yard, just sitting perfectly still.  I pulled out a doggie biscuit as I approached it and called out "Nice doggie!"  but the mutt didn't even move.  Then when I finally got close enough for my old near-sighted eyes to make everything out, I realized it was a dog all right - a MAILBOX dog, lol. It was a dog carving  in a sitting position, designed to hold a mailbox.  Very creative.  No wonder it didn't want the doggie biscuit.   Joking   Since I never wear my glasses when I go running, I often see some very "imaginative' stuff around me - much of which turns out to be not  what I thought it was at all when I finally get close enough to actually see it in detail, lol.

Today is September 26th.  Holidays for today are.....

Johnny Appleseed Day (he was born Sep 26, 1774 in Boston as John Chapman)

Shamu The Whale Day

World Maritime Day

Anniversary of the 1962 premiere of the TV show "Beverly Hillbillies"

Food Holiday:  Wine & Cheese Tasting Day

johnny cartoons, johnny cartoon, johnny picture, johnny pictures, johnny image, johnny images, johnny illustration, johnny illustrations

KEYWORD1  1995-04-05  old age  aging  reminisce  reminiscing  exaggerate  exaggerating  exaggeration

KEYWORD1  2012-01-29  fish  ocean  oceans  sea  seas  water  wet  sea life

whale cartoons, whale cartoon, whale picture, whale pictures, whale image, whale images, whale illustration, whale illustrations

maritime cartoons, maritime cartoon, maritime picture, maritime pictures, maritime image, maritime images, maritime illustration, maritime illustrations

Christopher Columbus, sad,

KEYWORD1  2007-10-08  ocean  oceans  sea  seas  water  nina  pinta  santa maria

sailing cartoons, sailing cartoon, sailing picture, sailing pictures, sailing image, sailing images, sailing illustration, sailing illustrations

hillbillies cartoons, hillbillies cartoon, hillbillies picture, hillbillies pictures, hillbillies image, hillbillies images, hillbillies illustration, hillbillies illustrations

cheese and wine party cartoons, cheese and wine party cartoon, cheese and wine party picture, cheese and wine party pictures, cheese and wine party image, cheese and wine party images, cheese and wine party illustration, cheese and wine party illustrations

hillbillies cartoons, hillbillies cartoon, hillbillies picture, hillbillies pictures, hillbillies image, hillbillies images, hillbillies illustration, hillbillies illustrations

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Probably a hike later today, I like hiking more than walking on my rest days. I feel like I am still getting a workout but not as intense as running, and I am in need of a lot of coffee damn it.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

B-Plus

Nice job.  Hope the PF does not get worse.

Thanks! It doesn't bother me throughout the day anymore, so I'm hopeful that I'm turning a corner. Is your taper maddening you yet?

LRB

Maybe you're reading that backwards (or maybe I am) Rick. So my GMP is 8:35. So I plan to run the front half at 8:40 - 8:45ish. I want to hit 8:35 as I cross the midway point, and then slowly creep in to 8:30 down to 8:20 by mile 20. Then play it by ear from there.

You are right, I read it wrong.  That is a sound plan!

Ric, nothing new to report. The plan is to take five days off, so my  first run will be Saturday.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Thanks! It doesn't bother me throughout the day anymore, so I'm hopeful that I'm turning a corner. Is your taper maddening you yet?

I start tapering Monday, ha.  So, you wait and see!

Damaris

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Here's hoping all your hopes come true, Kay!

Good luck with the 11, SUS.  I won't bother to offer any advice or suggestions for your question.   At this stage of my running life, FAST is a 4-letter word for me, lol.

Have fun with your 8-easy range running, Baboon.

Exciting day for you, Marjorie, driving and meetings!  Try to pace yourself.

Sorry about the sore hip, lilac.  Hope it behaves great for you on Race Day.

Running on forest trails sounds nice, Step, have fun!

80 DP in the a.m., sheesh, Damaris, that's crazy!  Glad you were able to get through that.

Hope you've had a happy Thursday, Oski.

Jimmy, I already said my piece in the Penguins thread, so won't rehash.  I wish you all the luck!

Congrats on zapping your Mystery Workout, Zelanie.  Have fun at the social run tonite!

Sorry about your dismal run, outoftheblue, some days are like that, just shake it off, forget about it.   Wishing good weather vibes for you for your race day.

Ric, glad you finally got some decent weather.

Sorry about the left PF, B-Plus, but congrats on the 16 miles.

Happy hiking, FreeSoul!

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

It is 100F and 77DP right now and we need to do our hubby run.  Bah.  This week sucks.  Even by September standards, it sucks.

Damaris

RunTomRun

Wickedly Average

Greetings, Dailies!

Forgot to check in yesterday - well, didn't forget so much as I had a boatload of things to do and not enough time to do them. Anyway, SRD yesterday for me.

Today, I ran 4 in the afternoon sun (which finally came out). 81 degrees, not too bad though I was starting to get used to those cool, early morning runs. Smile

Tom (formerly known as PhotogTom)

5K - 25:16, 10K - 55:31,  15K - 1:20:55,   HM - 1:54:54

Ric-G

cool. fitness won't suffer and the break may do some good.

Ric, nothing new to report. The plan is to take five days off, so my  first run will be Saturday.

marathon pr - 3:16

Jess runs for bacon

Yay, it looks like I have a job! Woot woot!

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Yay, it looks like I have a job! Woot woot!

Yay!  Did you already tell them about your Space Coast trip????

Damaris