Beginners and Beyond

De-Motivational MonDAILIES (Read 67 times)

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Today is weight training day after work.  Yesterday, I did 4.5M at my favorite San Antonio park, mostly along natural dirt trails.  They were just perfect, after bit of rain on Saturday, soft enough to be very nice on the legs, but not soft enough where you get big clumps of mud on the bottom of your shoes.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Mostly harmless

My two favorite demotivators:

"It doesn’t matter how often you do it or how much you accomplish, in general, not running is a lot easier than running." - Meb Keflezighi

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

flarunner, I think I have you beat with the 70 degrees it is here already, and it's only 6:44 a.m.   We are heading for a high of 81 degrees today. Big grin

Hope your pool workout went well, Just B.S.

Happy workout at the gym if you get to go, April.

Sorry about the lousy night's sleep, Basya.  A little Jack Daniel's before bedtime... Wink

You better make it to work in one piece, Rick.  Otherwise, who will post all those great morning photos?  Stay safe!

Glad you and DW had a fun weekend, Baboon.  Yeah, work sucks.  Where's my winning lottery ticket so I can 'retire'?  Joking

hope your legs behave for your miles, RM23B!  Good luck with the recovery run!

Good luck with the 12, INS!

Congrats on your prediction fun-run, Jedi!  You came pretty close to your predicted time.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Mostly harmless

Also group run was fun. the contest was predict your run time. We ran a 8.5m loop and i predicted 1;15 and ran it in 1:12;54. I did not win but it was fun run with lotsa hills.Smile

Are you a member of Frederick Steeplechasers by any chance?

"It doesn’t matter how often you do it or how much you accomplish, in general, not running is a lot easier than running." - Meb Keflezighi

Jess runs for bacon

Good morning everyone! It's already a crappy Monday, argh. Irritating things at work and I'm super stiff this morning. Really hoping to get a run in after work but if I'm still stiff that won't happen.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning!  I don't know what I'll do today (or whether I'm either doing something).  I'm off to the asthma doctor for my follow up visit, then work.  We'll see how I feel later.  Right now I feel a migraine coming in and my reflux is not gone yet.

Damaris

MtnBikerChk

running is bad for you

Tell me again why I got to work so early today?  Oh yeah, I want to leave by noon because the afternoon commute promises to be nice and slick according to Bob the weatherman.

Great weekend.  We snowshoed at Stratton Mtn in the AM on the xc trails for a breast cancer fundraiser (Phil too) and then at 5:30 while Phil made dinner Wink a few of us snowshoed up Mt Snow by full moonlight (ok and a headlamp).  It was really awesome.   My knee is cranky today - must have tweaked it.  Meh, that's the least of my aches Wink

Have a good day all.

zzzzzzzzzzzzz

BruceD555

Morning all. This is a cutback week for me and I was originally planning to take today off as a SRD but may just fit in 4-5 recovery miles this evening after work.

Train smart ... race smarter.

@runjerseygirl

A similar storm blew through last night leaving a quarter inch thick sheet of ice in its wake.  Mid 40's are expected in a few hours though so this mornings task is simply to make it to work in one piece.

And you've sent it our way.  Jersey don't want none. Angry

"Rest" day for me according to Coach Hal.  I think I'll hit a few weights.

Late start for me this morning.  Didn't even get my coffee yet.

Do you even run?

DavePNW

yoga done first thing. 

Me too, 75 min at 6:15, braved the icy roads to get there. Some much-needed stretching after LR yesterday. If only it was just a bunch of stretching.... A pretty intense practice as always, including a ton of core work. Ugh, I hate core work.

I guess I should've started the thread today, I have been up since 2:30 AM. I need to learn how to sleep.

Dave

robinde

Good morning all.  Jumping in and hoping to get to know you guys better.  I'm having a crappy start.  My BF and I are at odds, which is breaking my heart.  I have a 3mi easy scheduled for today and some core work.  Maybe I'll feel a little better after that.

Gustav1

Fear is a Liar

Vo2 max intervals done on the bike trainer. Snow is coming down - be safe everyone.

I'm so vegetarian I don't even eat animal crackers!

StepbyStep-SH

Morning, folks! The sleet/freezing rain/snow mix came through here yesterday, and unless it warms up a lot, that 1/2" of stuff on my driveway isn't going anywhere - it'd take a chisel, or maybe a jackhammer, to break it off right now. So today will be an indoor run day - 7 miles easy, either TM or indoor track (I'll decide when I get there).

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

DavePNW

Also I was inspired by another thread about what to put on your RoadID, so I up & bought one. Proudly told DW about it, figured she would think me all responsible & whatnot. Instead she said "Why, do you expect something to happen? Is it so they can identify your dead body? Now I'm worried."

Can't win....

Dave

Nevrgivup

All dressed and ready to go out. I'm drinking a little coffee first. I'm going for a little over 5 before the snow hits. Big day of studying today for an exam and an assignment that is due tomorrow. Looking forward to getting my new lululemon tights. They are expected tomorrow. Maybe they will come early. Smile

Running is my mental-Ctrl-Alt-Del.