Beginners and Beyond

De-Motivational MonDAILIES (Read 67 times)

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

My husband thought they were unnecessary.  Just keep putting them on.  You never know!

I include my asthma information so in case they can administer some albuterol or something if needed.  I saw three people down during the marathon yesterday and they were unconscious.  Most people do not fill the back of the bib; I'm sure the paramedics would like to know if they had any conditions to see whether they could've helped.

Also I was inspired by another thread about what to put on your RoadID, so I up & bought one. Proudly told DW about it, figured she would think me all responsible & whatnot. Instead she said "Why, do you expect something to happen? Is it so they can identify your dead body? Now I'm worried."

Can't win....

Damaris

LRB

Supp Clique!

Adductor/abductor workout on the treadmill complete.  I did front walks, rear walks, and side shuffles both flat and with an incline.  Twelve minutes with the green band, then twelve minutes with the blue band.

I am really liking this workout.  I feel an incredible sense of strength each time after it, and it's getting easier.

In a related subject, ten weeks of stretching is starting to show dividends as I almost touched my toes this weekend.

I know it's not a big deal for a lot of people, but it's something I have never been able to do in my stiff ass life!  Big grin

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

If anyone would appreciate how awful this is, it's you guys:

Made coffee in my new(ish- was a Christmas present) Keurig. Put it in my travel mug. Poured in the new creamor I picked up yesterday that I was dying to try-  vanilla caramel. Then I headed off to work. My coffee? Sitting on the kitchen counter. Nooooooooooooo!!!!

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

Jess runs for bacon

Made coffee in my new(ish- was a Christmas present) Keurig. Put it in my travel mug. Poured in the new creamor I picked up yesterday that I was dying to try-  vanilla caramel. Then I headed off to work. My coffee? Sitting on the kitchen counter. Nooooooooooooo!!!!

That's horrible!!!

@runjerseygirl

Oh NO!!!  I would turn right around and head back to get it.  Punctuality be damned.  I have priorities.  LOL!

Do you even run?

LRB

Oh.  The.  Emptiness.

DavePNW

Then I headed off to work. My coffee? Sitting on the kitchen counter. 

Been there, done that...fortunately I have a Keurig in my office, so I always have an emergency backup coffee. (Currently on tap: Starbucks Caffe Verona.) Sort of like when they are designing planes, where they build in redundancies for safety-critical systems. Anything to avoid that Bunn pot cooking in the break room.

Dave

LRB

Good morning all.  Jumping in and hoping to get to know you guys better.  I'm having a crappy start.  My BF and I are at odds, which is breaking my heart. 

Welcome!

Sorry to hear that but sadly, it is not uncommon.  There is a ton of support both in here the dailies, and on our group board though.

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

I was soooo tempted, but my job is obnoxiously strict about being on time,and I was late Friday due to a car fire on the highway....couldn't be late again today. We do have a coffeemaker at work but it's. not. the. same!

Oh NO!!!  I would turn right around and head back to get it.  Punctuality be damned.  I have priorities.  LOL!

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

Most likely a RD for me - ankle was feeling a little tender after yesterday's run and I don't want to risk it.

Now off to the dentist.

You can call me Anna

Misty

Hello dailies!!

Kristin, that seriously makes me want to cry for you. The sadness!!!

SRD for me thank Gawd. I hope everyone has a great Monday! ((Wait....great....Monday...nope, doesn't work)).

Misty

Bless your heart.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Kristin, that's bad news.  I don't make my coffee at home because we are not really coffee drinkers but if you are not allowed to get any, that would make me very sad.

My coffee didn't magically make me feel better, bah.  The reflux is bad today, with bad nausea.  I am sure I'll show a decrease in breathing today because of it.  Cross your fingers!

Damaris

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

To follow the motivational theme, this is a quote I read from Amby Burfoot last night and can't help but share:

"Life requires us to make adjustments, to change course.  Some years, when the waters of life are calm

and you feel a sense of control at the helm, you'll race hard, and hope for personal bests.

Other years, beset by a perfect storm of turbulence, you'll have to settle for less.  That's okay.

Less is still something; just don't surrender and abandon ship."

Trying to find some more hay to restock the barn

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Very appropriate for most and for me.  I thought of quitting when the asthma got worse.  Glad I didn't.  I'm saving this quote, thanks for sharing.

To follow the motivational theme, this is a quote I read from Amby Burfoot last night and can't help but share:

"Life requires us to make adjustments, to change course.  Some years, when the waters of life are calm

and you feel a sense of control at the helm, you'll race hard, and hope for personal bests.

Other years, beset by a perfect storm of turbulence, you'll have to settle for less.  That's okay.

Less is still something; just don't surrender and abandon ship."

Damaris

Pinktastic

Good Morning and Happy Last Week of January!!

LRB – Nice pics!   Thanks for starting us out with a laugh!!  Sounds like you’re making some great progress with your stretching / strengthening routine.   I know it will payoff in big dividends in your races!

Basya – Nice workout this morning!

Beth – I hope you enjoy the pool time.   With weather like yours, I would think the pool is the last people thing people would think of, but it’s clearly working for you.   Have a wonderful day!!

April – Great job getting that yoga in already!  Hope the weather doesn’t keep you from the gym later!

Gustav – Very smart to get that workout in before the weather gets nasty!   So glad that you’re able to run again!!

Flarunner – You are so consistent with your early morning runs!   Way to go!

Phil – I’m glad that you and your DW had such a nice weekend!  Enjoy the elliptical time later!

Heidi – You ROCKED that run yesterday!  Woo Hoo!!   Try to keep tonight’s run s-l-o-w and steady.   Easier said than done, I know…..

ImNotScott – Based on your schedule, it sounds like a good plan to switch your 12 miler to today.   Have a fabulous run!

Kristin10185 – Enjoy the rest day!   I’ve inadvertently left my coffee before too.   It makes me feel like Charlie Brown when Lucy pulls the football away….

Jedi – Sounds like you had a great run yesterday.   Nice job!  Hope the weather clears enough for you to get a run in later!

Scotty – Enjoy the weights later!

Lilac – Sorry that your day hasn’t started off very well!   Hopefully it gets much, much better from here!

Damaris – Good luck at the doctor!   And, I really hope that migraine doesn’t come to fruition!!

MBC – Happy Monday!   It’s been a while since I’ve seen a post from you (could be that I’ve missed them….).   Sounds like you and Phil had a Pinktacular weekend!   Stay safe and warm!

Bruce – Have a great day!!

Kay – Hope you’re able to find some coffee – I can’t believe you haven’t had any yet!   Enjoy whatever you decide to do – rest or weights.

Dave – Great job getting the yoga in so early!   Hope you sleep better tonight!

Robin – Enjoy your 3 and the core work!

Shari – Good luck with your 7 today!   Stay warm and safe!

Hilary – New tights?   Woo hoo!    New stuff is always fun!   Good luck with your exam and assignment tomorrow!

Angela – Hope your ankle feels better quickly!

Misty – Enjoy the SRD!!

SIAR – Wow!  You’re here early today!  Thanks for sharing the quote – I like it!

I didn't have a chance to post over the weekend, but I ran 14.52 on Saturday and 7.06 yesterday.   I'm looking to get in 4 and some rolling / stretching after work today.

Have a Pinktabular Monday, all!!   And, may your next run be completely glorious!!

- Sarah

But The Smile That I Sent Out Returned With You.