Beginners and Beyond

De-Motivational MonDAILIES (Read 67 times)

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Basya...Have a great workout!  Your TM hill repeats always sound killer, so I can see why you wanted to pass on them if you were tired.  Good miles still.

April...Hip opener yoga sounds painful.  My hips would probably crack if you tried to open them.  I don't even want to know whether or not they're tight.  Good luck with that winter trifecta haha.

Gustav...Nice job with the miles...hope the V02 max work goes well for you too.

LRB...sounds like you got what we got weather-wise.  I'm waiting for later to hit the streets, so I don't hit my arse.

Flarunner...enjoy your 5 miles in perfect conditions!

Baboon...I hope the work stress abates.  Have fun on your favorite little machine later on.

Rmt3b...Feeling pretty spent today?  I'm sure you'll be good for those recovery miles, as long as you can find recovery pace Smile

Kristin101...Enjoy that well deserved rest.  It does feel so much better when it's been earned.

Jedi...Love those confidence boosting runs like you had yesterday!  I have a prediction run coming up in a bit too.  It's just a 5k though, so easier than yours.  I think I'm going to use my easy pace just because I know that the best.  Hope you get your run in later.

Trying to find some more hay to restock the barn

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Scotty...4.5 sounds like a great run in those conditions.  Good luck getting buff later.

Lilac...Sorry about the rough start to your week...hope it gets better.

MtnBiker...That sounds like a great weekend of snowshoeing!  Have you ever seen people run in those?  I guess they make some run specific ones, but I've never seen it.

Bruce...Enjoy the cutback week.  It's the same thing for me, and I'm looking forward to lots of easy runs.  Have a good recovery run later.

Kay...Gotta keep coach Hal happy!  Rock those weights.

Dave...Wow, that's an insane hour to be awake.  I'm a very good sleeper.  I hope I don't lose that as I get older.  Nice job with the yoga.

Robin...Sorry to read about your relationship troubles.  I hope you can work things out.  Enjoy your 3 miles of running therapy.

Step...That's a lot of ice!  At least you have some options for getting your run in still.

Nevrgiveup...Good luck on your test tomorrow.  I hope the studying goes well, and that you have a great run.

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Docket...I actually thought of you and Baboon when I posted that quote...glad you liked it.

LRB...I'm impressed by your consistency with all of the strength and stretching stuff.  If I can touch my head to my knees, does that mean I'm okay skipping it all?

RKYM...have a good rest day...you're smart to take it if you're feeling achy.

ImaRunnah...Forgive the log stalk, but it looks like you totally deserve that rest day!  You've been running some great mileage lately.

Pink...Thought I'd get here while everyone was still up and posting haha.  Awesome weekend of running for you!  I'm trying to hit my roller today too.  I have "The Stick," but I'm starting to wonder if a roller would be less of a pain.

@runjerseygirl

Good morning all.  Jumping in and hoping to get to know you guys better.  I'm having a crappy start.  My BF and I are at odds, which is breaking my heart.  I have a 3mi easy scheduled for today and some core work.  Maybe I'll feel a little better after that.

Welcome!  Way to go jumping right in to the dailies!  That's how I started here, and it's the best way to get to know everyone.

This is a great group to turn to for motivation (despite the hilarity that LRB started us out with Wink), support, and encouragement.  We're also good at peer therapy, which I'm beginning to think is better than most licensed therapists.

We probably know more about each other than most other internet "families," so if you ever need to vent, feel free.  Lord knows I've done my share. Roll eyes

Do you even run?

Just B.S.

Beth – I hope you enjoy the pool time.   With weather like yours, I would think the pool is the last people thing people would think of, but it’s clearly working for you.   Have a wonderful day!!

Thanks Pink!!

It's part of my nefarious plan to make by debut in the 50-55  triathlon age group this summer!! Bwahahahaha!!

I won the duathlon 50+ age group season title for the last two years. Time to move onto new horizons!!

Not that I will win anything in the tri's, too many fast swimmers here but it will be fun "trying"!LOL

Nevrgivup

Excellent run today. Ended up with 5.2 rolling hills. Made it a progression. Fastest mile 8:45. Overall pace 9:16. Not bad for the hills. Gives me a lot of confidence for my hilly 10k this March.  Thanks for the well wishes on my exam.

Running is my mental-Ctrl-Alt-Del. 

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Knew all you coffee addicts would sympathize for my plight of forgetting my coffee! ugh.

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

StepbyStep-SH

Kristin - Coffee sympathies for you!

And to whoever mentioned Cafe Verona - that is my current go-to coffee at home.

70 little circles - around and around and around - but it's miles. I think I'll be inside a lot this week. It isn't going to warm up enough to completely get rid of the ice, just enough to melt the top layer, then refreeze it into something even more smooth every time.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

DavePNW

In a related subject, ten weeks of stretching is starting to show dividends as I almost touched my toes this weekend.

I know it's not a big deal for a lot of people, but it's something I have never been able to do in my stiff ass life!  Big grin

Hey, that is a big deal! I have been doing yoga ~3x/week for ~7 years, and I can still barely do it. It's not your stiff ass so much as your stiff hamstrings, mine have always been terrible. Running most certainly does not help. Keep it up though, it's amazing how much you can improve. I am convinced it is beneficial.

Dave

Robert31320

Team TJ

SRD for me.

I had to get a physical this morning to satisfy D.O.T. requirements for my commercial drivers license.  I'm now back at work, emotionally traumatized...and in need of a glass of wine and a cigarette (I don't drink and never smoked)...the doc said I was as healthy as a horse.

I had to do some quick explaining when the nurse checked my BP and pulse.  My resting HR was 48, she got sort of pale.  I told her I run and she breathed a quick sigh of relief.  That made my morning.  I do remember  that just before I started exercising my resting HR was in the 90s and now 50 seems to be the norm.  Now, if I could just get off these damn BP meds....

Running for TJ because he can't.

@runjerseygirl

It's been a long time since I hit the weights, and man did it feel good!  Did 3 sets of 12 each: weighted squats, deadlifts, weighted plie squats, leg press, glute kickbacks, adductor, abductor, and LOTS of stretching.  Time to get this booty in shape!

Do you even run?

Just B.S., enjoy your swim.

flarunner, nice five-miler.

Baboon, I hope that work isn't to stressful and that you have a good workout.

Heidi, have a great recovery run.

ImNotScott, have fun, whatever you do.

kristin10185, have a relaxing and refreshing rest day.

jedigunnie, great job making the best of the morning. I hope that the weather clears enough for you to go out and run later.

scottydawg, enjoy lifting.

lilac_jive, I hope that work improves and that you feel better soon.

Oy, Damaris. Good luck with the doctor. I hope that your reflux stops troubling you and that you feel better soon.

DaveP MI, I second your dislike of core work.

(((robinde))) I hope that core work and running help you feel better. Discord isn't fun.

Gustav, you already did intervals, too? You're super-quick!

Shari, enjoy whatever you do.

Hilary, have a great run. Good luck with your exam and assignment.

MtnBikerChk, what a nice weekend. I hope that your knee feels better soon.

BruceD555, enjoy your SRD or recovery run, whatever you do.

Kay, cool workout.

Rick, great workout. I'm glad that you're seeing results.

kristin10185, I feel your discomfort.

rkymtnanna, I hope that resting today helps your ankle feel good.

ImaRunnah2, have a wonderful rest day.

Sarah, amazing runs this weekend. Enjoy today's, too.

Hilary, very nice. Which 10K will you do?

Tom, enjoy your SRD. Awesome that you have a clean bill of health.

Nevrgivup

Basya - http://holyokestpatricksroadrace.org/

You should try to make it. Huge party and lots of fun. 

Running is my mental-Ctrl-Alt-Del. 

happylily

LRB... LOL!!!

Sorry, guys... I've been so busy with work in the last few days... So much administrative stuff I've been neglecting lately, because of training... I won't tell you the number of reprimands I've been getting from the regional office, it's embarrassing... :-( Anyway, I ran 20 yesterday, first 13 were great, and for the last 7, my legs and back totally seized on me and I had to switch to recovery pace to finish the last miles. More recovery miles tonight, but 5 or 6 only...

Have a great day!

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

All dressed and ready to go out. I'm drinking a little coffee first. I'm going for a little over 5 before the snow hits. Big day of studying today for an exam and an assignment that is due tomorrow. Looking forward to getting my new lululemon tights. They are expected tomorrow. Maybe they will come early. Smile

lululemon tights?  I think that requires a photo to be posted! Joking

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt