Beginners and Beyond

De-Motivational MonDAILIES (Read 67 times)

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

My husband thought they were unnecessary.  Just keep putting them on.  You never know!

I include my asthma information so in case they can administer some albuterol or something if needed.  I saw three people down during the marathon yesterday and they were unconscious.  Most people do not fill the back of the bib; I'm sure the paramedics would like to know if they had any conditions to see whether they could've helped.

Yes, I have my meds listed on mine, especially my BP med, since BP meds can cause reactions with so many other types of meds.  Nothing like your BP plumetting or skyrocketing if the med-techs don't know you're on it, and give you something that may cause your system to go nuts when the two things interact.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

LRB... LOL!!!

Sorry, guys... I've been so busy with work in the last few days... So much administrative stuff I've been neglecting lately, because of training... I won't tell you the number of reprimands I've been getting from the regional office, it's embarrassing... :-( Anyway, I ran 20 yesterday, first 13 were great, and for the last 7, my legs and back totally seized on me and I had to switch to recovery pace to finish the last miles. More recovery miles tonight, but 5 or 6 only...

Have a great day!

Gee, lily, you work too?  All the traveling you do, I thought you were independently wealthy...   Wink   You ran 20 yesterday? Didn't you just do a marathon recently in Bermuda? I think your legs are rebelling against you, crying for a rest! Joking

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

6.44 miles done on the slow end of easy pace.  It's funny, all last week I ran in single digit temps, often in snow and high winds, and I was thrilled to do it.  Today, you give me 41 degrees and mist and I can barely bring myself to get out there.  The moral of the story is...I hate running in the wet!

Trying to find some more hay to restock the barn

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

6 miles easy in a light, cold, freezing rain which made footing  a little slippery in places. Temps could reach 60 by Wednesday though. Crazy weather pattern - or should I say randomness.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

Mmmmm...beer

Hey everyone!

10.1 miles @ 7:34/mile done, great run!

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

Ah, Hilary, I wish that the race weren't on a Saturday. It looks like a lot of fun.

Lily, have a great recovery run.

SIAR, brava for finishing the 6.44. The same thing happened to me two Sundays ago. It was in the low forties and misty. It sucked.

Dave, excellent distance and pace.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Hi, guys.  Not sure if I updated here.  Asthma appointment went well.  There was a 3% decrease of breathing capacity but mostly because the reflux makes the asthma flare up.  Overall, still at 90% and 52% so overall it's not that bad.  The 52% is the one that I need to improve and I don't know how (that is the number that measures how much air I'm inhaling vs. the other one which is the one I'm exhaling).  Overall, she is happy.

As to the reflux, I found what happened and it has been corrected.  Hopefully, it will be gone in the next few days.

And I did kickboxing today.  So there. Joking

Damaris

buchy2009

Bjørnmannen

SRD for me today.  RDs drive me crazy, I wish I could run everyday!

So_Im_a_Runner - great run!  We are definitely not birds of a feather.  I really love it when its misting. A slow easy pace, is that like 5:00/mile for you?? haha.

wcrunner2 - I'm glad you avoided a fall!  Great run.

Dtothe2nd - great job!

Docket_Rocket - I'm glad your appt. went well!  I hope you had fun with the kickboxing!

RunTomRun

Wickedly Average

Evening, Dailies!

Another day, a few more miles. 4.5 to be exact, at a nice 9:13 pace. Fairly consistent splits. I was a little tired from having gotten up at 0345 for work this morning. I'll be getting to bed early tonight, that's for certain.

LRB, enjoyed the demotivating posters, though this being Monday, I think I'm self-demotivated!

Scotty, all I write on the back of my bib is "Ibuprophen". So far anyway.

Tom (formerly known as PhotogTom)

5K - 25:16, 10K - 55:31,  15K - 1:20:55,   HM - 1:54:54

Damaris, I'm relieved that you learned what went wrong.

buchy2009, RDs leave me itching to run, too.

Tom, excellent distance and pace, especially considering that you've been up since 3:45 a.m..

CrisRuns

Good evening! I hope your coffees were good and effective.

Six miles of walking for me today.

Hey everyone! I did thirty minutes  of weights and 30 minutes for 7.19 miles on stationary bike.........hoping we don't get the 2+ inches of rain that's forecast tomorrow. I really want to run outside wih a high of 67 degrees ......am I really in central Illinois In January?

First Race

Hot Chocolate 5K Chicago November 4, 2012 30:17

Second Race

Penguin in the Park 5K Decatur Illinois March 23,2013 27:08

Scott

B-Plus

Hi all,

I ran 9.4 @ 7:59 w/ 8 strides.

BruceD555

OK, gonna try to do the mega catch-up...

BasyaSpiliakosGood job on the TM and good choice on axing the hill repeats based on the lack of sleep.

Just B.S. - Another trip to the pool and you're gonna grow gills. Great job and a perfect alternative to the -15!

AprilRunner - We had that same weather trifecta yesterday in Wisconsin - major suckage. Good job on the yoga - that's one thing I haven't had the nerve to try...

Gustav1 - have a good VO2 max workout ... sucks during it but you feel so good after beating it.

flarunner - Oh what I would give for 63 degrees right now. Enjoy those 4 beautiful miles while you can ... summer is coming.

Baboon - You're a machine on the elliptical ... great job on sticking with it in the midst of the injury. Maybe I missed it but how did you snowshoeing go? Hope you get some relief for the work stress ... it'll be well timed for you right now.

runmomto3boys - hope you have an enjoyable 8 recovery miles ... you're quite the machine on racking up those miles! How are the legs holding up this go-around with Pfitz?

ImNotScott - I hear you on how tough it is to make the time to get the miles in when work keeps getting in the way. Good luck on the 12 and your rescheduled intervals for tomorrow.

kristin10185 - I hope you have a fabulous SRD.

jedigunnie26.2 - nice workout and that's a pretty close guess on your time ... especially given the hilly route. Yep, the freezing rain just bites. We missed out on the brunt of it yesterday and it seemed to switch from snow to sleet to plain rain pretty quickly. Things iced up a bit but the roads were salted enough to keep it manageable.

scottydawg - Enjoy your weight training tonight. Your trail 4.5miles yesterday sounds just about perfect for running surface...no dust and no clingy mud.

lilac_jive - Hope your legs are feeling better later on today. Sometimes I've had the best runs on legs that I thought wouldn't carry me more than a few blocks ...yeah, the first mile bites but things just loosen up and feel good after that. Hope that's your case.

Docket_Rocket - I'm so sorry to hear you're feeling lousy right now. You really deserve some relief!! Read the update and glad to hear you might just have a handle on the reflux. Man you're a killer - kickboxing too! Yikes!

MtnBikerChk - Sounds like you guys did have a good time snowshoeing.

KayPS - GET YOUR COFFEE! That's an order.

DaveP MI - Yikes, 2:15!! That's worse than me. (I have this nasty habit of waking up every morning at 3 o'clock no matter what...sometimes I can get back to sleep but otherwise it's off to work to actually get stuff done before I get bothered with calls/disruptions. On the RoadID ... it's better than if you wife bought it for you AND then said it was so they could identify your body.

robinde - Welcome & sorry to hear you have troubles with your BF. Hope your day got better.

StepbyStep-SH - Be safe on the ice getting to the gym.Regardless, I hope you have a good 7 miles.

Nevrgivup - Coffee makes it all better. Sounds like you had an awesome run today (rolling hills) and I hope your studies went well today.

LRB - Interesting sounding workout on the TM & bands. It does sound like you're reaping the benefits...great job!

kristin10185 - Nooooo, the poor coffee ... what did it do to deserve being left behind. You're gonna have to drink twice as much tomorrow to make up for it. Wink Bummer you couldn't even go back ... just remember a good soldier never leaves a coffee behind.

rkymtnanna - Good call on listening to the body and taking the rest day ... though I may have chosen a different activity than going to the dentist. Big grin

ImaRunnah2 - Hey, enjoy your SRD!

Pinktastic - Good job on the weekend runs! Hope you have a good 4 after work and some good stretching/rolling to boot.

So_Im_a_Runner - Nice quote, thanks. Yep, I am looking forward to the cutback week ... if I can actually reign in myself and actually cut back. I agree, running in the cold is much better than running wet. Good job on the easy 6.44!

Robert31320 - Enjoy that SRD. Sounds like you had a good checkup and great job on the imrpovements!!

happylily - Sorry you had a tough run last night ... take it easy on those recovery miles today. (I know I wouldn't go easy because I'd want to make up for that bad run)

wcrunner2 - Good job on the slippery 6. Those conditions are so tough mentally to keep focused to be ready for the inevitable slippery spots.

Dtothe2nd - WOWSERS! That's an awesome run & pace! Good job out there!

buchy2009 - Enjoy that SRD.

RunTomRun - Nice run today, in spite of the early wake-up this morning.

CrisRuns - Good 6 miles today. How was your weather? Hopefully you avoided the winter uglies others have mentioned.

Sparker1606 - Good job on the weights & stationary bike today. Where abouts are you in central Illinois? I grew up near Peoria.

B-Plus - Great job on the 9.4 miles including strides. I just love adding in strides at the end of a run - Makes for a great end to the workout.

Well, I hope I managed to catch up on everyone (my apologies if I missed anyone.) I did decide to get in 5 recovery miles and of course I ran them faster than I had planned. It was nice to be able to run with temperatures in the 30's and finally no snow, rain, or sleet. Tomorrow has 8 miles on tap with 10x100 strides. Since we're supposed to get rain, I think I'll plan on running on the indoor track on campus. Good night all!

Train smart ... race smarter.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Wow.  Awesome job with the shoutouts!

Damaris