Beginners and Beyond

Race Packets - What Do YOU Get? (Read 83 times)

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Just curious what you might normally find in your race packet? I normally get this crap called Udderly Smooth, um... Zeasorb (Antifungal Treatment), more race advertisements to sign up for, rice cakes, corn cakes, peanut butter cheese crackers, I've gotten sunscreen, once I got a bag of assorted nuts, and if I can think of anything else I will post more.

What about you?

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Hip Redux

Mostly crap that I toss.

Oh, and  a Dick's Sporting Goods 20% coupon that can be used for literally for nothing.   The exceptions list on back is 25 lines long.  Roll eyes

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

I rarely get anything more than my bib and my T-shirt..... but the Washington Crossing 15K was a class act and gave a shirt, backpack, magnet, and a bunch of brochures. That's the most I've ever gotten at a race.

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

Awood_Runner

Smaller By The Day

Last weekend I got a bobble head, and a voucher for tickets to a baseball game at Miller Park.  Then, I collected the free beer tabs from runners who didn't want them.  If you can neat that, I want to know about that race.  I'll see you there next year.

Improvements

Weight 100 pounds lost

5K 31:02 Sept. 2012 / 23:36 Sept. 2013 (Same Course)

10K 48:59 April 2013

HM 2:03:56 Nov. 2012 / 1:46:50 March 2013

MARATHON 3:57:33 Nov. 2013

Oh, and  a Dick's Sporting Goods 20% coupon that can be used for literally for nothing.   The exceptions list on back is 25 lines long.  Roll eyes

That one is all too frequent.  I wouldn't buy running stuff at Dick's even with the coupon.

I get lots of fliers for RoadID with Dean Karnazes' giant head grinning freakishly.  Sometimes a piece of carb that gets eaten immediately after the race.  Toothbrushes at two races (a Halloween one and another organized by the university's dental school).  Lip balm, pens, hand sanitizer.

Best thing yet has been the bartender-style Sam Adams bottle opener from Boston.

LRB

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

LRB, those kids don't look happy.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

RSX

Beer tickets or GTFO. I never care if I get a shirt even unless it is for a half or full, as I have enough and don't need any more samples or coupons I won't use. The packet I picked up last night included a massage thing that has potential. One race I do has a beer mug that is cool. Most races I do are for charities I like, so would prefer that they keep as much of the proceeds as possible.

Will run for scenery.

I was surprised at the 50k I just ran (did I mention I just ran a 50k ?  Oh, yeah, probably in the RR I just bumped....Big grin Wink to find a pair of really nice trail running socks(brand is Lorpen).

If I like them enough I just might start running in something other than the white cotton Dickies that went through a wash/dry cycle with a ball point pen.  Maybe.

Stupid feet!

Stupid elbow!

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

dude I think I had opened your RR but then my little punk distracted me, I haven't had a chance to read it lol.

PRs

Amazonian Princess

No beer tickets, yet, I must be doing it wrong Big grin

So far my packets o'schwag just have the usual t-shirt, sunscreen and brochures, but I did get a box of Chinese dried noodles and a coupon for Claspies. That might have been for a bike ride though, not a run; I can't tell anymore since everything is going into a collection that I'm bundling for this year's White Elephant gift exchange at work (insert evil laugh).

I can. I will. I am. 

Little Blue

The usual fliers, although some of the races around here have gone to a virtual goodie bag, with printable coupons.  So mostly the cloth bag, the shirt and bib.

The oddest things have been a bag of brown rice, and a Glade plug in room deodorizer.  I ate the rice and gave the plug in away.

catwhoorg

Labrat

Getting quite a few virtual goodie bags these days.

Typically a few samples, and fliers when we get a real one.

My tri had a lot of goodies. Protein bars, shot bloks, water bottles.

5K  20:23  (Vdot 48.7)   9/9/17

10K  44:06  (Vdot 46.3)  3/11/17

HM 1:33:48 (Vdot 48.6) 11/11/17

FM 4:13:43 (Vdot 35.4) 3/4/18

Got a pint glass once. A mini key chain flashlight another time.  The rest has been pretty much all crap. Lots of useless coupons and ads.

Venomized

Drink up moho's!!

Typical crap, nothing amazing yet.  Chicago marathon is coming up and that is usually not a bad bag but I heard this year the bags are less than previous years.  My charity does the packet stuffing for them.  In years past they sent extra samples of Body Glide so they handed out some samples to the charity team runners.