Beginners and Beyond

Whilst in Wednesdailies (Read 49 times)

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Oski, if the hip is still a bother, I wouldn't do the race.

Damaris

Zelanie

Morning!  Gonna drop DH off at work after he brings his car in for some work, then I'm planning on an easy 4-miler.  Legs feel pretty good after yesterday's run, we'll see how they like running again so soon.

Oski, I guess it was 1280 feet *total* elevation gain.  The first two had the hill, though, and maybe 8-9% grade?  I ran most of it, but you can see the little spot in the graph where the uphill was straight?  That's the part I walked (paused Garmin).  There was a second (smaller) climb just after the top that we skipped because one of my dogs was pretty winded and there hadn't been any streams for her to cool off in.

Although "ran" might be too strong of a word for the 15-minute miles I was putting up on the way up!  Holy cow that was slow!  The best news is that the knee took the downhill just fine.  Maybe I'm back?

Marjorie- NIce 11.2!

Phil- Congrats on the double!  You have been getting some great workouts in the last few weeks!

Oski- Seems like it might make sense to sit this one out. Sad  I am glad the hip is feeling better, though!

kristin- Hope the rest does the trick for you!  Good idea to take it easy if you're feeling sore.

D- Enjoy the 6 miler tonight!

Scotty- Thanks for the cartoons!  Good thing you didn't wait to run yesterday, only to find out that it hadn't cooled off anyway.

LRB- Pics or it didn't happen!

Hobbitlegs- Hope that having some company makes running in the humidity more pleasant.

jjs- Are you not into yoga, and do you have half a brain? Wink

Brr- Sounds like great weather!

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

This is too funny....or maybe just sad....this 'study' was done on Facebook....

A new study has ranked San Antonio as the fourth fittest city in the country -- or maybe its residents just like talking about it online.
        The designation may come as a shock to most San Antonians who are used to being at the bottom of such fitness lists. But taking a closer look at the study, San Antonians aren't necessarily the "fittest."   "Ranking of the Top Ten Fittest Cities is based on fitness related mentions, check ins and use of fitness apps in US cities with at least 200,000 Facebook users over three months," according to a press release.  So really, San Antonians just like talking about exercise and being fit -- or getting fit. Here's a look at the complete Top 10 list:

1. Virginia Beach, Va.
        2. Colorado Springs, Colo.
        3. Austin
        4. San Antonio
        5. Livingston, N.J.
        6. Portland, Ore.
        7. El Paso
        8. Oklahoma City
        9. Tacoma, Wash.
        10. Albuquerque, N.M.

We are by FAR not the fittest city, lol.  In reality, we are more towards being one of the FATTEST cities in the US.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Hip Redux

It looks like you gained about 900 feet over those first two miles - which would be about a 8-9% grade.   Still a beast (a little more runnable than 11-12%, but not by much).   The Mount Washington road race climbs 4200 feet in 7 miles for an average grade of 12%.   Insanity. lol  Check out the pictures!

Oski, I guess it was 1280 feet *total* elevation gain.  The first two had the hill, though, and maybe 8-9% grade?  I ran most of it, but you can see the little spot in the graph where the uphill was straight?  That's the part I walked (paused Garmin).  There was a second (smaller) climb just after the top that we skipped because one of my dogs was pretty winded and there hadn't been any streams for her to cool off in.

MtnBikerChk

running is bad for you

I woke up today feeling discouraged that my post tib tendon was so angry after last night but PT said it was normal and the good thing was it didn't hurt DURING the run so we keep charging forward.  I told him he can't have the kidney until I was completely fixed.

In other news......I have nickname around here:  Squeaky Wheel.

And Delta airlines is about to find out why.....short version: we are about to lose the tickets we deferred because of Phil's surgery last February.   yeah, no.

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Whoa Zelanie that is CRAZY looks like you're going straight up a mountain! Nice work!

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

Hip Redux

You really shouldn't bring your half-filled tea and coffee mugs down to the kitchen to dump and wash, get distracted, leave them on the counter... and then go on vacation for 10 days.

And definitely don't do it with mugs that are non-generic, everyone-knows-its-you mugs.

OOPS.

Who knew coffee could grow that much mold in 10 days? lol

RSX

Good morning all. I ran 8.19 along the Victoria waterfront  on a sunny windy morning

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

someone I webt to college with ran that this year. What a tough course!

It looks like you gained about 900 feet over those first two miles - which would be about a 8-9% grade.   Still a beast (a little more runnable than 11-12%, but not by much).   The Mount Washington road race climbs 4200 feet in 7 miles for an average grade of 12%.   Insanity. lol  Check out the pictures!

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

LRB

We are by FAR not the fittest city, lol.  In reality, we are more towards being one of the FATTEST cities in the US.

Your fattest city couldn't touch my fattest city with a 10 foot Twinkie!

outoftheblue

8 hot and hilly miles done this morning.  But looking at Zelanie's hill graph, I really can't complain about the hills.

Scotty -- thanks for the laugh this morning.

Life is good.

Rondog65

Hello All,

Zel great job in tackling that hill, up and down, very impressive.

I got my training run of 4.6 miles in today.  The air temp was a lot better in the 70's, however the dew point was also in the 70's and the humidity in the 90's. made for a very sticky and wet run. Hopefully the humidity and dew point break in the near future allowing me to get  my running mojo back.

Ron's PRs 5K 24:14 (12/07/2013); Half Marathon 1:53:33 (5/26/2013)

Zelanie

The Mount Washington road race climbs 4200 feet in 7 miles for an average grade of 12%.   Insanity. lol  Check out the pictures!

Haha- love the logo- "Only one hill!"  That does look steep, and on roads in the sun!  I was mostly in the shade on nicely maintained trails.

4 miles done.  Knee was fine but hip/piriformis was a tad sore.  RD tomorrow!

Will run for scenery.

Who knew coffee could grow that much mold in 10 days? lol

Blush

Stupid feet!

Stupid elbow!

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Go get 'em!

I woke up today feeling discouraged that my post tib tendon was so angry after last night but PT said it was normal and the good thing was it didn't hurt DURING the run so we keep charging forward.  I told him he can't have the kidney until I was completely fixed.

In other news......I have nickname around here:  Squeaky Wheel.

And Delta airlines is about to find out why.....short version: we are about to lose the tickets we deferred because of Phil's surgery last February.   yeah, no.

Damaris