Beginners and Beyond

They Serve Beer? (Read 88 times)

Venomized

Drink up moho's!!

Indy Mini you used to be able to find a beer stop around mile 10.  Chicago Marathon has quite a few alcohol stops along the way.  I always visit the hashers at mile 23 and get a shot of beer.

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Capitol 10,000 in Texas - done in March each year - is the biggest 10K in Texas (22,000 participants).  While beer is not 'officially' on the course, there are crowds of spectators along the way and in one residence area we go through, the residents there have both beer and margaritas for any of the participants who want to down one or two.  That is some Texas hospitality!  Big grin

In Austin, Texas, every Saturday at 4:30 p.m., this run is held:  The 3 - Mile Texas Beer Tour Run - - http://do512.com/event/weekly/sat/texas-beer-tour-5k

Description:

Join us on a 3-mile run and learn about some of Austin's best bars, restaurants, and historical markers! PLUS, sample Austin's finest brews along the route. A great time for a casual group of runners that want to participate in a fun run! Includes free beer tasting of local brews along the way at some of the best pubs/bars in Austin!

Austin also has the annual Charity Beer Mile - - Description:  "Charity Beer Mile! Grab your friends and get ready to participate in the most challenging and fun one mile race you can experience. At the start of the race, participants drink a beer and run a quarter mile lap, and repeat three more times drinking four beers in a mile! All beer will be provided at 3% alcohol by volume.."

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Luke79

I think it would be awesome if there was an evening/night race and they had an absolute throwdown afterwards with a band and shit where everyone got hammered.

Nightcrawler-

You may be right

In my area a couple weeks ago (it might have been for an early  St. Patty's Day) there was a 4k called Tap 'N' Run. There were 3 beer "chug stations" (5-6oz beers at each station) and you got a full beer at the finish line. The medal was a bottle opener.

Don't believe everything you think.