Beginners and Beyond

User names (Read 128 times)

Alaska trail runner (duh!)

"So many people get stuck in the routine of life that their dreams waste away. This is about living the dream." - Cave Dog

Antipodean

I was a total band geek back when I was 13, and I made up this moniker for a yahoo email address.  I still have that email address btw and check it nearly daily...seventeen years later!!  Probably a world record for longest continuously-operated email address.  

My hotmail account is 16 year old... not far off. Recently I had security issues with it and almost lost access to it. That would be a disaster in my opinion. Nowadays all the good email addresses seem to be taken and work ones can change often. I value my hotmail. 

Julie

"It's not the mountain we conquer, but ourselves."

~ Sir Edmund Hillary

Just B.S.

Beth I watched The Hearbreak Hill Half today. I figured it would be mostly NE locals, but it hit 47 states and Canada. 1 Canadian wore the purple MBTS shirt that I have from last year's race, and said she was from Moncton. Surprisingly she doesn't know you.

A runner from NB who has never heard of me! She must be a newbie.

Little Blue

Little Blue is the name a friend gave to my Jeep Liberty.  We have a big ol' honking Dodge Ram that he calls Big Red, so the name fit.  She's a happy little Jeep, so I used her name.

And... guys??  Even I got RSX, and I'm not a sports fan.

LRB

And... guys??  Even I got RSX, and I'm not a sports fan.

That's why women are better at picking teams to win because men are so smart about sports we're stupid.  lol

DavePNW

My hotmail account is 16 year old... not far off. Recently I had security issues with it and almost lost access to it. That would be a disaster in my opinion. Nowadays all the good email addresses seem to be taken and work ones can change often. I value my hotmail. 

I have the same with a Yahoo account - address is my actual full name, and I have a fairly common name. Can't remember exactly how old it is, but similar vintage. I also had a couple near misses almost losing the account - would've been tragic, so many other accounts are tied to it. .

Dave

LRB

I was a total band geek back when I was 13, and I made up this moniker for a yahoo email address.  I still have that email address btw and check it nearly daily...seventeen years later!! 

Same amount of time here!

My main email address is from the fall of 1997 when the disk for AOL version 2.0 came to my house in the general mail.  It had the little man on the screen who used to run while something was downloading.  Hilarious!

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

I was a total band geek back when I was 13, and I made up this moniker for a yahoo email address.  I still have that email address btw and check it nearly daily...seventeen years later!!  Probably a world record for longest continuously-operated email address.  

Mine is probably about the same age. I know it goes back to at least 1997 because I have word documents that were last modified then.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                        05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

catwhoorg

Labrat

Cat_who_organises is the origin.

In the Star Fleet Universe (Star Fleet Battles/ Federation and Empire), the Kzinti (who appeared in the animated Star Trek series) are given 'Federation names' along the lines of Cat_who...

The Organises moniker was bestowed upon me by some friends as I pulled together an online game literally spanning Europe (UK, France, Sweden, Italy) using E-mail, early versions of chat and a program that recorded the moves of pieces on a board.

Almost immediately that shrunk to Catwhorg due to 8 character limitations which just just ugly. As soon as possible the double 'oo' returned and Catwhoorg became my internet name.  Probably more people know me by that moniker through City of Heroes than any other game/forum identity, but it has been around a long time, and isn't going away.

(Almost just to cma) Anywhere on the internet you see a Catwhoorg, the person behind that moniker is me.

Where possible my real name is registered to any profile, I have this thing about standing by my words, and having a real name tagged to them is part of that.

5K  20:23  (Vdot 48.7)   9/9/17

10K  44:06  (Vdot 46.3)  3/11/17

HM 1:33:48 (Vdot 48.6) 11/11/17

FM 4:13:43 (Vdot 35.4) 3/4/18

delicate flower

catwhoorg = "cat whore."  Sorry but that is the reality of the situation.

<3

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Topic for sunday night... what's your user name mean or come from?

For those that are curious, it's pronounced Awski.  (LRB has permission to say it Ohski lol)

Video for more information on the Oski bear.

I used to live in the bay area and we went to a bunch of Cal games.  Saw Aaron Rodgers play while he was in school and saw a game against Stanford.  Wild stuff, those college rivalries.    Go Bears!

Well, mine is pretty obvious.   My name is Scott and I carry dog biscuits when I run and treat the doggies I meet.   Way back when at a 5K race I was doing with some of my running club friends, I veered off course to give a treat to a doggie that was barking at us as we passed.  One of my friends was laughing and called out to me:  "Hey, this is a RACE!  Quit playing with that mutt and get back over here you darn Scottydog!"  The rest of my club thought it was funny so they just all started calling me Scottydog, and I started using that as my forum name way back in 1997 when I first joined the RW forums.  And the rest, as they say, is history.   Now just about all the local area runners call me by that handle.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Hip Redux

Totally thought it was Cat Whore G.  Like a gangsta.

My old yahoo email address is the same as my gmail address which is the same as pretty much every real email address I've ever had - first initial last name.

StepbyStep-SH

Some, what, 7 years ago, I tried to be creative when I first joined RWOL. I figured that you do things step by step, and it seemed a good fit for a running forum.

I forgot - for some reason, RA wouldn't let me sign up as just StepbyStep (I think I may have had an account under that name from a long time ago and couldn't remember password, etc.), so I tacked on the SH, my initials.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

happylily

LOL...

6 years ago or there about, when I signed up on Runner's World, I wanted the user name Lily. But it was already taken. I didn't want to be Lily1, or Lily2, so I went with happylily. At the time, I was working with a little boy who was having difficulty pronouncing my real name correctly. It would come out sounding like Lily. I was also heavily into gardening, before running started to consume my life, and oriental lilies were my passion. So I thought Lily was sort of appropriate for me. I'm not always happy, far from it. But I make it my quest in life, well above any running PRs.

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

catwhoorg

Labrat

That has been brought up before. But I'm getting old and cranky and am not changing it now....

Smile

5K  20:23  (Vdot 48.7)   9/9/17

10K  44:06  (Vdot 46.3)  3/11/17

HM 1:33:48 (Vdot 48.6) 11/11/17

FM 4:13:43 (Vdot 35.4) 3/4/18