Beginners and Beyond

User names (Read 128 times)

RSX

A runner from NB who has never heard of me! She must be a newbie.

No doubt.

A nickname from way back. I had such nice wavy hair as a kid until I was about 13 and it decided to go nuts. In high school I could have given Bob Ross a run for his money. 

About 10 years ago I decided to cut it really short - like almost shaved - and wore it that way until last year. My kids wanted me to grow it out again and currently it is as long as it has been in years. Maybe ever.

redrum

Caretaker/Overlook Hotel

I've done red-this, red that..  My worst was on the RWBF which was redgtxdi and most folks think that's nuts until I explain to them it's this.....

Now, on the SeaDoo forum I frequented for many years, this was easily understandable.  In the years that followed on other forums, not so much!

So when I came here, I was on a "Shining" kick (off and on since its airing) and decided to go with redrum which as we all know.....(we've all seen Jack in his best role ever, no?)..........is directly from the movie, "The Shining".

Randy

obiebyke

I've used the same username for many things since I thought of it in college. I went to Oberlin College--we call ourselves Obies. And I look super gay but I'm attracted to men, too, so my freshman year dorm RA coined me a "byke." obiebyke.

Call me Ray (not Ishmael)

DavePNW

A nickname from way back. I had such nice wavy hair as a kid until I was about 13 and it decided to go nuts. In high school I could have given Bob Ross a run for his money. 

I think we have discussed, but oh yeah that was me as well. Although I use the analogy of a latter-day Phil Spector. There are some old photos I hope will never see the light of day. In fact my wife had never seen any, till my 20-yr HS reunion. after we'd been married 8 years. We went to a party the night before the reunion with some HS friends, almost all of whom she was meeting for the first time, and the host for some reason felt it necessary to get the old yearbook out. She sees the picture of me, just starts laughing & says "you look like an idiot!". Thank you dear.

Dave

Singer who runs a smidge

When I first signed up on RWOL, I had a dog named Hope.  She was awesome, and totally MY dog.  I was wary of using my actual name, so I became Hope'sMom.  We lost Hope to lung cancer a few years back, and when we took her to the vet to be put down, as I was bawling, I promised her I would always be Hope'sMom, so I've never changed. 

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

Hip Redux

Funny, my hair went wonky at 13 as well.   My hair was so enormous it was ridiculous.

Hip Redux

When I first signed up on RWOL, I had a dog named Hope.  She was awesome, and totally MY dog.  I was wary of using my actual name, so I became Hope'sMom.  We lost Hope to lung cancer a few years back, and when we took her to the vet to be put down, as I was bawling, I promised her I would always be Hope'sMom, so I've never changed. 

Sad

On another forum my user name is my first dog's name.  And I definitely won't change it, even though he's been gone now for 9 years!

Robert31320

Team TJ

Mine is too simple....name and zip code.  I'm not very creative.

Running for TJ because he can't.

RSX

Little Blue is the name a friend gave to my Jeep Liberty.  We have a big ol' honking Dodge Ram that he calls Big Red, so the name fit.  She's a happy little Jeep, so I used her name.

And... guys??  Even I got RSX, and I'm not a sports fan.

Here I was trying to be deep

Amazonian Princess

After discussing "Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog" at lunch one day, a friend of mine suggested Baconista as my superhero name.

No, I was not grease-splattered by radioactive bacon, nor were my parents killed by Farmer John. I just like bacon so much that I'd wear it as a hat

I can. I will. I am. 

Hip Redux

After discussing "Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog" at lunch one day, a friend of mine suggested Baconista as my superhero name.

No, I was not grease-splattered by radioactive bacon, nor were my parents killed by Farmer John. I just like bacon so much that I'd wear it as a hat

Syncope free, eh?  I had a few near syncope episodes last fall. NO fun.

#artbydmcbride

I wanted a running related name....

Kenny Finish...nope

Randy Wholeway....nope

I Lean Forward....yep!

Runners run

LRB

Kenny Finish...nope

Randy Wholeway....nope

I Lean Forward....yep!

Hip Redux

Kenny Finish...nope

Randy Wholeway....nope

I Lean Forward....yep!

I thought your name was Irene for the longest time.    I finally figured it out though lol