Beginners and Beyond

User names (Read 128 times)

DavePNW

DaveP is a fan of Jack Klompus. Like wcrunner, I too was (and still am, a bit) a little paranoid with privacy issues so I always used Jack Klompus. Some of you know my name is Brad. When I had an FE with She Can she called me Jack. Good stuff. If we ever meet you can call me Jack or Brad. And no, that is not my picture, that is Jack Klompus. When I do RRs I still get people that say "Wow, you're faster than you look." Smile

Indeed. I am always surprised at how many people think that's your real name, or your real photo. I guess I always assume all Seinfeld references are universal. Perhaps not everyone has seen every episode dozens of times. A good choice however, to pick one not too obvious, like George Costanza, but not too obscure, like say Bob Sacamano. Although that would be a good one.

Dave

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

DaveP: funny you should say that. I play one game on my phone, Scramble. The name I use is B. Sacamano. Sometimes I will mix it up and use I. Mandelbaum.  Smile

No more marathons

Bluesky was from my sky diving days.

Used that over at RWOL and then when the great exit occurred and I moved over to RA I was "still bluesky"

Boston 2014 - a 33 year journey

Lordy,  I hope there are tapes. 

He's a leaker!

LRB

Indeed. I am always surprised at how many people think that's your real name, or your real photo. I guess I always assume all Seinfeld references are universal. Perhaps not everyone has seen every episode dozens of times.

As much as I loved Jerry Seinfeld whenever I caught his stand up routine back ion the day, I just never found the time to watch that show.  So there are a million references that are used (mostly at my work) where I have no idea what in the hell people are talking about.

The soup Nazi reference is one that comes to mind were in a room full of agape mouths, I stood there completely clueless like huh?  lol

Tar Heel Mom

kween

I used to have my first name and part of my last name, but four years ago when my son was accepted to Carolina, I changed to Tar Heel Mom. Now that he's graduated, I've considered changing it, but not yet. He will be going to Washington for grad school, but I refuse to be Husky Mom.

To you guys whose hair went wild at 13, I have no sympathy. My hair was, is, and will always be wild and huge.

Nolite te bastardes carborundum.

LRB

He will be going to Washington for grad school, but I refuse to be Husky Mom.

Literally and figuratively.  lol

Zelanie

Little Blue is the name a friend gave to my Jeep Liberty.  We have a big ol' honking Dodge Ram that he calls Big Red, so the name fit.  She's a happy little Jeep, so I used her name.

And... guys??  Even I got RSX, and I'm not a sports fan.

As a teacher, when I read Little Blue, I think this:

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Little Blue is the name a friend gave to my Jeep Liberty.  We have a big ol' honking Dodge Ram that he calls Big Red, so the name fit.  She's a happy little Jeep, so I used her name.

And... guys??  Even I got RSX, and I'm not a sports fan.

Darn...and here I thought he was into Risky SeX... .....

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Philliefan33

My favorite team is the Phillies (duh).   I think Philliefan was taken so I had to add a number, so I added my uniform number from HS and college basketball.

RSX

My favorite team is the Phillies (duh).   I think Philliefan was taken so I had to add a number, so I added my uniform number from HS and college basketball.

You just reminded me to check their schedule. I have seen 8-10 games there, and it's 1 of my favorite places. We go to the Jersey shore next month and occasionally head there at some point.

That was my team growing up. College dorm room had pics of favorite players on bulletin board - Richie Ashburn, Cookie Rojas, Johnny Callison, and a few others.

"So many people get stuck in the routine of life that their dreams waste away. This is about living the dream." - Cave Dog
                        RabbitChaser

When I joined the RWOL forum in 2008, my username was Newbierunner72. After a year or two some fellow Free Agents (awesome miles game team!) said I should change my username. I told them that when I finished a 10K under 1 hour, I would change it. Well when I finished the 10K under an hour, someone mentioned in a response to my RR that I needed to change my username. In the comments to the RR, someone suggested RabbitChaser based on how I ran my races. So to make a not so short story a little bit longer, I became RabbitChaser. Smile

Eric

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Mine is my first name and birthday. Creative! Lol. It is my username for everything on the internet.

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

Philliefan33

Mine is my first name and birthday. Creative! Lol. It is my username for everything on the internet.

I was in college when you were born.

Little Blue

I was in college when you were born.

Me too.