Beginners and Beyond

My medical DNS, Philly fail, my depressed mood (Updated) (Read 122 times)

That really does suck.

^^^This.

Side note - Baboon, I have been staring at your avatar for a week trying to figure out what the heck it was a picture of.  Just couldn't see enough detail.  Now hearing the origin of your injury, it finally came into focus.  Wicked bummer.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I am sorry to hear this, fourouta!  I also hate that you hurt it non-running related (I mean, not because of too much too soon or whatever).  I wish you a speedy recovery.

Damaris

Baboon

delicate flower

^^^This.

Side note - Baboon, I have been staring at your avatar for a week trying to figure out what the heck it was a picture of.  Just couldn't see enough detail.  Now hearing the origin of your injury, it finally came into focus.  Wicked bummer.

Being loaded onto the Mount Snow meat wagon and in a fair bit of pain!  Good times.

<3

meaghansketch

Having to DNS at this point in the training cycle is absolutely heartbreaking, and you have my deepest sympathies.  If you can, try to remember that the fitness you've got is still there, and you will be able to build on it once you're healed.  I wish you a speedy recovery.

fourouta5

Healed Hammy

Thank you all for your quick and kind words.  Sort of "The Therapist is In" sign.

This is a proper image of a moon:

Baboon, there is no way you were cruising down the slopes slowly, you do everything fast!

Seriously, I will get over it, perhaps I will volunteer at the race if they still need help as a way of staying connected. After reading all the inspiring reports from Chicago, MCM and New York, I was really looking forward to a rewarding event.  Oh well, might as well turn this into a learning point for my kids (**kids turn and run --- another lecture from Dad**)

BTW: LTH, how is your back?

Hip Redux

I don't know much about MRIs but boy it's clear something ain't right in yours!

That really sucks.  What's the rehab plan?

fourouta5

Healed Hammy

Follow up with the Dr next week, that will determine rehab.  Funny how my dad just lectured me about not trying to run more marathons we get older.  He calls it an "ego" thing.  This from the king of narcissism.  I may very well be hanging out in the Misery DL thread with you all, lol.

You Rang?

I'm really sorry that this happened to you.  Reahb well and get back at it.  If there is a bright side to this, be glad you were training for your hometown marathon and that along with the 1600 training miles, you don't have several thousand dollars of travel costs sunk into the race too.

Heal quickly and get back at it.

Rick

Rick 

PR: 5k 25:01 (10/15) 10k: 57:44 (7/14) HM: 1:57 (5/15) FM: 4:55 (1/15)

outoftheblue

I'm so sorry to hear this.  What crappy luck.   Sending hugs and healing vibes.   I think it's  great idea to volunteer at the race --   great karma building.  Don't listen to Dad either on the marathon/ego thing.  They don't always know best!

Life is good.

Nothing to add what others have said, other than it's just bad luck, an unfortunate accident.  Heal up, and get back out there.  Sounds like you training was ideal.

Take Charge. Train Harder. Suck Less. No Excuses.

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

So sorry to hear Sad this SUCKS!!! Sad Heal up.

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

Jess runs for bacon

Sad

redrum

Caretaker/Overlook Hotel

Follow up with the Dr next week, that will determine rehab.  Funny how my dad just lectured me about not trying to run more marathons we get older.  He calls it an "ego" thing.  This from the king of narcissism.  I may very well be hanging out in the Misery DL thread with you all, lol.

There's plenty of room!!

And plenty of whining & complaining going on!!!

We're a miserable bunch!!

And you know what they say about misery............. Big grinAngryBlack eye

Randy

fourouta5

Healed Hammy

I just got back from the Doctors visit and the review of the radiologist report.  I have a complete avulsion (tear) of the right proximal hamstring from the tuberosity, retracted perhaps 4cm.  Basically the muscle is off the bone by 1.5 inches.

She has scheduled surgery for tomorrow with an overnight stay.  Six weeks in a hip brace to immobilize the hamstring.  No driving, have to use crutches.

Hopeful that I will regain 90-95% of pre-injury strength.  No surgery would result in 30%muscle loss in leg, so that is not an option right now.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Wow. Good luck with the surgery.

Damaris