Beginners and Beyond

Twerking Penguins WednesDAILY (Read 38 times)

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

The "Penguin" daily threads were originally conceived to emphasize that all members of the community have a place on the boards. Encouragement, motivation, a little love nip (you will love one, give it a try!) or even a little kick in the pants when needed -- it can happen here.

Basically, we celebrate just getting out there and moving our tails!What is "slow"? "Slow" is a perception but one of the common benchmarks is the 10:00/mi pace; but there's no firm line. In fact, there are many of us that have slipped past this, and just hope that no one notices and revokes their "igloo privileges."

It can be confusing for the forum newbies, but we're not one of the teams in any of the fine games. It's a totally open group, so stop lurking, post an introduction of yourself dive in and join the fun! No application necessary! There might even be a lovely picture for Scotty (we love pics!) Big grin

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Back outside today.  Have a great Hump Day, Pengs!!!

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning!  8 miles tonight.

I laugh when people talk about twerking being a new thing.  PR's reggaeton is all about "culear" and twerking has been around in that genre for 20+ years.

Damaris

Sloooow.

NO Twerking! Bad Penguins! Lol.

Have a great day, Jerry.

I might do a couple of miles today. Today was supposed to be a SRD, but my legs feel good.

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Morning!  8 miles tonight.

I laugh when people talk about twerking being a new thing.  PR's reggaeton is all about "culear" and twerking has been around in that genre for 20+ years.

Speaking from experience ???

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I grew up with twerking as part of my music.  I don't see it as a big deal.

NO Twerking! Bad Penguins! Lol.

Have a great day, Jerry.

I might do a couple of miles today. Today was supposed to be a SRD, but my legs feel good.

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

what do you think?  If you dance reggaeton in clubs, culear is part of it.  We had and probably still have culeo competitions.  Google a reggaeton video, lik Rompe

from Daddy Yankee.

Speaking from experience ???

Damaris

Sloooow.

I grew up with twerking as part of my music.  I don't see it as a big deal.

I don't have a problem with it! I had seen some older videos before the whole Miley fiasco started, and now teen/younger girls I have on my FB post videos doing it. That's the limit of my issue.

And good morning Smile

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Which is why I laugh.  The kids these days talk about it like they invented the thing!

And morning to you!

Damaris

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Hi Pens.

i don't even know what twerking is. Lol. I guess I'm old.

Coralie: did you settle on a 10k schedule?

Enjoy the miles, everyone.

I have 5 recovery miles tonight. My problem is that it now so hot I have to wait until dusk to run. Whatever.

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Run/walk after work yesterday.  I did my University Campus Hill Route.  5 PM, a 'cool' 93 degrees with a 'feels like' temp of 98.   Felt pretty good and ran strong during my running segments.  Today is a rest day.  After running Saturday, a race on Sunday, weights on Monday and my 'hot day' run yesterday, my old bones are telling me to take a rest.   So I will!

Today is August 28.  Holidays for today are Race Your Mouse Day (?); Radio Commercials Day; and Cherry Turnover Day.

life's a bowl of cherries cartoons, life's a bowl of cherries cartoon, life's a bowl of cherries picture, life's a bowl of cherries pictures, life's a bowl of cherries image, life's a bowl of cherries images, life's a bowl of cherries illustration, life's a bowl of cherries illustrations

photo cherries1_zps37e5920e.gif

photo cherries2_zps63b35497.gif

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Sloooow.

Hi Pens.

i don't even know what twerking is. Lol. I guess I'm old.

Coralie: did you settle on a 10k schedule?

Enjoy the miles, everyone.

I have 5 recovery miles tonight. My problem is that it now so hot I have to wait until dusk to run. Whatever.

I used the plan you linked me to, and kind of tweaked it a little bit. The lowest mileage plan was too low, but the next one up was more miles than I want to commit to. It was perfect to get my plan figured out though. I'm not looking for miracles, and my main focus is sub-30 at the end of November 5K.

Zelanie

No twerking here!  Have you seen "Elders React to Twerking"?

Got my sister a gift card to a LRS near her, so she can go shopping!  Thanks for the suggestions.

Today I have a track workout.  The club is doing a Daniels workout aiming for the 10K that I am planning to run.  Today will be my first time joining them, and they have:

3 x 1000 w/ 1 min. recoveries

2 x 800 w/ 3 min. recoveries

4 x 200 w/ 200 meter recoveries.

Yikes!  On the other hand, not a lot of total distance, so we'll see how it goes.

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Jerry, saw on The Weather Channel, Chicago was having some pretty good HEAT weather up there!  Good luck with that!

Good luck with the 8 miles tonite, Damaris.

Nice that your legs feel good today, Coralie.  Good luck with your miles if you decide to get out there.  And happy training for your sub-30 5K.

Don't feel bad, Jack, I had to look it up too.  Now that I know what it means - in words anyway - I think Damaris should give us a video demonstration.... Joking

Good luck with your track workout tonite, Zelanie!

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Coralie: stick to it and I guarantee w you will get sub 30.

Scotty: I forgot to tell that I bought a pair your the Asics Nimbus you love so much. DD2 said they look like clown shoes but I don't care. Smile. Unfortunately, they were a half size too small so I am sending them back for the proper size.