Beginners and Beyond

Nothing Clears The Mind Like A Nice Dose Of The Wednesday Penguins! (Read 34 times)

Gustav1

Fear is a Liar

The "Penguin" daily threads were originally conceived to emphasize that all members of the community have a place on the boards. Encouragement, motivation, a little love nip (you will love one, give it a try!) or even a little kick in the pants when needed -- it can happen here. Basically, we celebrate just getting out there and moving our tails!What is "slow"? "Slow" is a perception but one of the common benchmarks is the 10:00/mi pace; but there's no firm line. In fact, there are many of us that have slipped past this, and just hope that no one notices and revokes their "igloo privileges." It can be confusing for the forum newbies, but we're not one of the teams in any of the fine games. It's a totally open group, so stop lurking, post an introduction of yourself dive in and join the fun! No application necessary! There might even be a lovely picture for Scotty (we love pics!)

I'm so vegetarian I don't even eat animal crackers!

Gustav1

Fear is a Liar

Good Morning Penguins!

Damaris - good to see that Trixie is home!

Yesterday was an easy 4 miles. Today is speed work!!  I look forward to Wednesday because that has become my speedwork day!

Let the day begin!

Bin Running

Gustav, Morning.. I am so not looking fwd to speedwork myself.. haa

6easy miles done.. Might have overdone my carbo loading today.. Tongue

2015 Races

2XU HM - 29 Mar

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Did my run/walk after work yesterday.   What a beautiful day!  Sunny,  69 degrees, blue skies, humidity of about 25%, light wind at about 3 - 5 mph, sweet.  Was planning on an easy 3, but felt really good and the weather was so great that I ended up doing 4.6 miles and threw in a big hill near the end.  I ran in the park next to the San Antonio Zoo and Japanese Tea Garden.  After I got to the top of the big hill I sat at the "Scenic View" area at the top for a few minutes and enjoyed below me the panoramic view of the Japanese Tea Garden. Nice.  As I got up, I disturbed the branches of a nearby flowering tree and all these lady bugs came flying up around me for a few seconds before settling back onto the branches. Felt like I was in one of those 'nature shows."  Made me smile.  Nice experience before completing my last half mile back to my starting point at one of the local Y's.

Today is a trip to the pharmacy after work to pick up my BP med refill and then get a haircut.   After that I may go to the gym and do some cardio work (stairmaster, rowing machine, stationary bike).  Today is a non-running day for me.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning!  Trixie slept since she got here.  She has not eaten nor drink any water.  Not sure how I'm going to force her to do so today, so any ideas are welcome.  I took today off.  9 miles later.

Damaris

Gustav1

Fear is a Liar

Damaris - maybe try a feeding type syringe with pedialyte for fluid and baby food for solids.

Mmmmm...beer

Good morning everyone!

Gustav, enjoy the speed work today!

Bin, nice run, no such thing as too much carbs, you're a runner! (well, that's my excuse anyway lol)

Scotty, sounds like a great run yesterday, feel free to send some of that weather over here!  Enjoy your rest today.

Damaris, glad Trixie is home, I have no help for how to get her to eat or drink tho, we have one cat that eats too much and one that doesn't eat enough. Smile  Hope she decides to eat/drink today.

AFM, 9 miles done this morning, still waiting for it to warm up, maybe by summer it'll be warm? Smile

Hope everyone has a great day!!

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

You look forward to speedwork?  You're nuts, Gustav!   Wink At my age, I look forward to...just still being able to get out there, at whatever pace! Joking  Good luck with the speedwork!

Congrats on the 6 miles, Bin!  Hope y'all stay safe in your part of the world.  I saw on the news this morning that the crazy Leader Kid from North Korea is going a little off the deep end.

Scotty, you have an interesting way of interacting with stuff..   That is quite an understatement, Bin, lol.  Especially if you knew about some of my other 'adventures.'  Just ask those here that have been around with me on 'the other forum' for a while.

Damaris, yay for Trixie being at home!

Jackie, you should run outside today.  Supposed to be nice weather in Texas.  So instead of the treadmill, get outside...and encourage someone with those Great Legs of yours!  Big grin

Congrats on the 9, Dave.  Come visit anytime for some warm weather.   I'll take you down to the Riverwalk for a run and we'll finish at Mad Dog's Pub and have a post-run cold beer served to us by the lovely ladies in kilts.

Damaris, you may have to get the vet to put a 'feeding tube' into her.   We had to do this with our cat Peanut when he had an illness and would not eat or drink for a while on his own. You get an 'injector' from the vet with this liquid 'food stuff" he/she gives you and you inject the food into the feeding tube twice a day.  Yeah, Peanut liked that SO much! Roll eyes  Still, it worked well until he was healthy enough - and wise enough! - to start eating and drinking on his own.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Gustav1

Fear is a Liar

- I find that nothing clears the head like a set of well executed intervals performed within the boundaries of my current fitness level!

Philliefan33

I don't know if one can force a cat to do anything it doesn't want to do.  Once when our cat was ill, not even moving from her favorite sleeping spot, my mother fed it some water by dripping the water in the cat's mouth with an eyedropper.  Might be worth a try if Trixie doesn't decide to drink on her own.  I'm guessing that cats are like people -- they need water long before they need food.

Morning!  Trixie slept since she got here.  She has not eaten nor drink any water.  Not sure how I'm going to force her to do so today, so any ideas are welcome.  I took today off.  9 miles later.

hog4life

Damaris, glad Trixie is home. I was gonna say try the eye dropper/syringe too.

Dave, nice miles.

Jimmy, which day are you picking up the packets?

Gustav, yeah for speed work, but don't overdo it.

I end with 10.1 yesterday. I had only planned 6-7, but bumped into a couple people running in my neighborhood so I tagged along with them for a bit. Today will most likely be a RD, but you never know with me, haha.

Mitch

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

That's what I was planning on.  She has been under IV for fluids for 5 days so I'm sure the water is covered for now but I don't even know how much to give her....

I don't know if one can force a cat to do anything it doesn't want to do.  Once when our cat was ill, not even moving from her favorite sleeping spot, my mother fed it some water by dripping the water in the cat's mouth with an eyedropper.  Might be worth a try if Trixie doesn't decide to drink on her own.  I'm guessing that cats are like people -- they need water long before they need food.

Damaris

adkkev

That's what I was planning on.  She has been under IV for fluids for 5 days so I'm sure the water is covered for now but I don't even know how much to give her....

They should not have discharged her without a plan ... including the "what ifs".  Call your vet and ask ... I don't quite understand why you didn't get something like this when you left the vet's office; it's standard procedure where J works.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

They didn't give me any force feeding because they expected her to eat (she apparently ate something at the vet yesterday).  The rest of the plan is for medication and other stuff.  They were not concerned about her eating or drinking.  I am.

But yes, if I cannot do anything today, I'll call.  I put some dried food on her bed and some fell to the bed, which means she ate something.

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Some morsels fell from the plate.  I think she ate a minuscule amount, but now she is sitting which I think is good news!

Damaris