Beginners and Beyond

Nothing Clears The Mind Like A Nice Dose Of The Wednesday Penguins! (Read 34 times)

Philliefan33

Crap!  I just remembered that I threw my dirty running gear in the washer last night but forgot to move it to the dryer / hang to dry.  All my running capris will be wet when I get home.  I think I have some long pants clean and dry....they'll have to do.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Ginny, I'm sure she likes milk but it's actually bad for kitty's stomachs.  I can try if worse comes to worse.

Hope's Mom, so water more than anything?  I was thinking of water with tuna....

Damaris

Snickers1230

I would agree that as long as she drinks some water, that would be good.  You can put the tuna down and see if she'll eat some.

I had to take my big baby to the vet this morning.  It's time for her annual teeth cleaning and she's having a tooth pulled while she's under.  The tooth was broken pretty far up while playing a couple weeks ago (inside is exposed so prone to infections now).  It's not an "important" tooth (canine or molar) so we decided to have it pulled instead of filled.  I know it's not a big procedure or anything, but I always worry when she has to get anesthesia Sad

Formerly Jackie_601 on RW

Next up:

4/27 - Green 6.2 10K

Singer who runs a smidge

Or see if she'll drink the tuna juice.  But she'll need water sooner than she'll need food -- if she doesn't eat today, or doesn't eat until tonight, it's no big deal.  But she does need to drink today.

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Operation Tuna Trixie was a success.  She is sleeping and didn't want to come herself but I put her in front of the tuna and there she is licking like there is no tomorrow. Yay.

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I think the tuna water is sufficient, no?  The vet said if she ate tuna today to mix it with water and she should be fine.  I wonder how much to give her today.

Or see if she'll drink the tuna juice.  But she'll need water sooner than she'll need food -- if she doesn't eat today, or doesn't eat until tonight, it's no big deal.  But she does need to drink today.

Damaris

Zelanie

Howdy, penguins!  I got my 12 miles in today, but they sucked.  Too many quality workouts in a row.  Now I'm running around getting stuff ready because we're leaving tonight for my SIL's wedding in Palm Springs!  Not sure how much I'll be around, we'll have to see.

Hope everybody has a great day!

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Zel: have a great trip. I think you should have some nice weather, though it might rain on Sunday.

Singer who runs a smidge

I think the tuna water is sufficient, no?  The vet said if she ate tuna today to mix it with water and she should be fine.  I wonder how much to give her today.

I'd let her eat whatever she wants to eat -- mostly cats are smart about cutting themselves off.  As long as she gets down 1/4 can or so she'll be fine until tomorrow. Then there are dogs, who will eat until they explode.  Or Chewbacca, who hoovered about a half a bag of cat food over a long weekend.  Porker.

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

She is a porker.  It's just so hard to see which is the oh, you didn't level for not eating.  I'll giver her more tuna later.

I'd let her eat whatever she wants to eat -- mostly cats are smart about cutting themselves off.  As long as she gets down 1/4 can or so she'll be fine until tomorrow. Then there are dogs, who will eat until they explode.  Or Chewbacca, who hoovered about a half a bag of cat food over a long weekend.  Porker.

Damaris

N-Bug

Will run for beer.

I'm at work...  11.5 outside in the sunshine today before work.  Last run of more than 8 miles before my 25k in 17 days...  can't wait.

tracilynn

Hey penguins!

I ran my first run today in 9 weeks.  I ran 1 mile really slow then run/walked another 1.5 miles.  So nice to be running again.  I have new custom orthotics that are built up high in the arches and one side of my heel and recessed under my first metatarsel because my skeletel structure is sooo wonky.  We will see how it goes.  Taking it slow.  My 1 year runiversary was march 5 and my upcoming half marathon is next week.  ObvIously wont be doing that since I can barely run a mile.  Ha.  Its okay though Ill take it!

Looks like everyone else is trucking along.

xxxooo

~~~~~~~

Traci

Awood_Runner

Smaller By The Day

Hey guys!  Just got home, and had to add my new race photo!  My face looks awful, but it's the best race picture I've ever taken.  So, I bought it.  Now, I have to get ready for my first outside run since the race.  I'm excited.

Improvements

Weight 100 pounds lost

5K 31:02 Sept. 2012 / 23:36 Sept. 2013 (Same Course)

10K 48:59 April 2013

HM 2:03:56 Nov. 2012 / 1:46:50 March 2013

MARATHON 3:57:33 Nov. 2013

GinnyinPA

HopesMom - Dusty sounds a lot like our golden retriever.  He is a garbage hound.  He stopped eating kleenexes, but he goes after just about anything else he finds.

Jack - I thruhiked the PCT in 2000, so I know Big Bear.  We went back three years ago and hiked a section from Big Bear to Walker Pass.  The header on this section of my journal is from above Big Bear.  http://spiriteaglehome.com/PCT09_Journal1.html

It's a  beautiful place. The PCT would be a great trail to run.  When will you be there?

Snickers - ouch, poor puppy!

I had a good 6 mile progressive run on the TM.  I felt very strong today.

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Traci: welcome back. I hope the orthotics work for you.

awood: floater!!!

ginny: cool website! It looked very hot and dry. We will be up there Monday to Friday.