Beginners and Beyond

Time to get the Tuesdailies going (Read 49 times)

StepbyStep-SH

5+ miles in this morning, a bit slower than the last couple days. And I'll add on a strength training class later. Hopefully that helps me clear out my head after a tough morning with DS. Some days I wish I just didn't care about _______. Life would be so much easier if I didn't care.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

Zelanie

Had a sleep attack yesterday when I got home, so I didn't get my run in.  Luckily, today was supposed to be a RD since it's curriculum night after school.  So I can run 6 after that.

Will run for scenery.

Wow was I tired yesterday!  Guess the old bod forgot what running on pavement was all about!

3 mile pub run tonight.

Stupid feet!

Stupid elbow!

HobbitLegs

elevenses

0 miles today and probably the next several. I'm nursing an in-grown toenail. I've got an appointment to get it dealt with tomorrow morning. I will have to miss the pub run this week which makes me incredibly sad. I may just go and drink away my sorrow while DH runs. Big grin

Today is my meeting day. Ugh...

In happier news, we bought a new to us car for DH last night. He has been driving a beat up truck with 270,000+ miles, so he is thrilled. We kept the little truck for recycling runs and whatnot.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7e7R3y-qwZ0

The link is what inspired DH to purchase his car.

MtnBikerChk

running is bad for you

I'm a lazy turd today.  Slept in.

Probably won't do anything later either.  I MIGHT get in my 6 minutes of hammy stretches......MIGHT.

Mmmmm...beer

Hey everyone!

8 miles done this morning.  I actually got a lil chilly waiting for my Garmin to sync up, sorry Damaris. Smile

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

Will run for scenery.

The link is what inspired DH to purchase his car.

Trouble with baddies, eh ?

Stupid feet!

Stupid elbow!

meaghansketch

I still have a cold and the coffee maker at work is broken!

Still a better day than yesterday, though, and I should be drinking tea with honey for my cold anyway.

Didn't run this morning but I'll try to do something tonight, even if it's just a couple slow miles at the gym.

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Well, got to work at the university and our whole network was down, so we could not do any work.  So my boss told me to go the the gym for an hour or so and get my run in and come back.  I was planning on running after work today, but who am I to argue with the boss?   So got a rare morning run in when it was actually light out.  And since school is in full session, I got to see lots of Great Legs as I did the Diploma Dash 5K route around the campus, nice! Big grin

I also got tagged by a car!  It was not that big of a deal, though.  I was in one of the on-campus crosswalks and this car still kept coming at me, so I hightailed it the rest of the way across, but the car's bumper edge just barely clipped the back of my right foot, which made me spin around a time or two and then I fell down, luckily onto a grassy area on the other side of the road.  I really was not injured at all, just have a slight bruise on my heel now and a slight scrape on one elbow.  Good thing the speed limit on campus on that area is only 10 mph.  Right after I fell I heard a siren.  Turned out there was a campus police officer in the adjacent parking lot doing speed checks and he had seen the whole thing. He stopped the car and it turned out it was some student, about 20 or so, and he had been texting while driving, probably why he didn't see me - and was STILL texting when the cop stopped him, he still had his phone in his hand when the cop went up to the car.  Smart kid.  Roll eyes  So he got a ticket and a good chewing out by the officer, and my lose his campus driving privileges, as it is not only a state and city violation to text and drive, but also against university policy.  The cop offered to take me to the school health clinic to get checked, but I was okay - heck, I got hurt worse than this the time I ran into that police horse's butt - and I even ran my last half-mile back to the gym with no problems at all, no limping, etc.  Will see how I feel tomorrow, though, lol, sometimes the soreness can be 'delayed" for a bit, as I well know from past experience with DOMS.  Anyway, everything's cool, it could have been a lot worse.

As for today...It's September 17th, Constitution Day.   On this day in history in 1787, the US Constitution was signed in Philadelphia by the Constitutional Convention delegates. It was ratified by all the states a year or so later, in 1788.

And today's holidays are.....

Apple Dumpling Day (yuk!)

Citizenship Day

"Time's Up!" Day

KEYWORD1  2010-07-30  boy scout  boy scouts  scout  scouts  good will  help  helped  helping

dumpling cartoons, dumpling cartoon, dumpling picture, dumpling pictures, dumpling image, dumpling images, dumpling illustration, dumpling illustrations

KEYWORD1  1995-07-04  graffiti  john hancock  hancock  founding father  founding fathers  signature

KEYWORD1  2010-02-15  president’s day  holiday  holidays  presidentâ€&

constitution cartoons, constitution cartoon, constitution picture, constitution pictures, constitution image, constitution images, constitution illustration, constitution illustrations

constitution cartoons, constitution cartoon, constitution picture, constitution pictures, constitution image, constitution images, constitution illustration, constitution illustrations

KEYWORD1  2010-03-14  science fiction  sci fi  vampire  vampires  dracula  daylight  daylight saving

KEYWORD1  2005-04-03  beauty  beast  beauty and the beast  candle  candles  candlestick  lumiere  co

wasting time cartoons, wasting time cartoon, wasting time picture, wasting time pictures, wasting time image, wasting time images, wasting time illustration, wasting time illustrations

bed-time cartoons, bed-time cartoon, bed-time picture, bed-time pictures, bed-time image, bed-time images, bed-time illustration, bed-time illustrations

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

LRB

Now I need to figure out a goal. 

Your mileage looks great, I would shoot for a sub-47:00, but not necessarily right out of the gate.  Start off with your current PR pace, (7:39) and work way down until you find a pace that's comfortable. Comfortable being relative as it will likely be UNcomfortable in reality but you know what I mean.

A sub-47:00 is a 7:34 pace, your 5k PR pace is 7:22.  I always like to see how close I can get to my 5k PR pace during that last mile of a 10k.  If you pace it right, you may be able to touch 7:30, which would simply mean you are ready to take your 5k PR to the next level the next time you race one.

Good luck on whatever you decide but above all else, run your ass off!

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

36 wind chill already, LRB?  Dang, early winter for you!  75 here in San Antonio right now, going to 91 degrees for a high today.

Congrats on your good run, Tom.

Good luck with your post-work 6, SUS.  Sorry to hear the Spam Monster is back at RW.

Glad your rest day rejuvenated you, Phil.   Happy 8 miles tonite!

Hope your PT appointment goes well, Oski.

Happy rest day, lilac.  Someone really cool....was it a polar bear?  What would you do for a Klondike bar?  Joking

Nice running, Andrew, in your cold weather!  I can hardly wait for us to get to winter...we usually have temps of 50 and 60 degrees, so our winter is our 'mild' time for us.  Probably like Spring for you, lol.

Good luck with the 9 miles, Damaris.  No mild weather here either.  91 high, heat index of 98.

Enjoy your walk, FreeSoul.  Do you hitch the stroller to the dog and get some help rolling it along?  Mush, doggie, mush!  Wink

Congrats on your miles, Marjorie.  8 miles in a cul-de-sac!  You have a lot of patience!

Sounds like you need a workout, Step, after your morning.

Happy "make-up 6" after work today, Zelanie.  Sleep attack, sounds like your body wanted some rest!

Pub run, jj?  Do you get to stop at pubs along the way?

Sorry about the toenail, Hobbit.  Permanent fix:  surgery on the toe, then the nail grows in a 'hump".  Mine was done like that several years ago.  It looks pretty darn ugly but the thing sure never gets ingrown again.

Everybody deserves to be lazy once in a while, MBC.  Enjoy!

Congrats on your miles, Dave, enjoy the cooler weather.

Sorry about the cold, Meaghan!  Will a chest rub help?

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

LRB

I still have a cold...

That effin' blows!  I went through that last September and yeah, no, it was not pleasant!  All i can say is keep eating healthy, your body will use the nutrients to heal faster.

Jess, how silly of me indeed!

Shari, it's in your nature.  If you did not care, you would not be you.

MtnBikerChk

running is bad for you

Thank goodness it wasn't worse!  WTH is wrong with kids today?  (OMG I'm old)

I also got tagged by a car!  It was not that big of a deal, though.  I was in one of the on-campus crosswalks and this car still kept coming at me, so I hightailed it the rest of the way across, but the car's bumper edge just barely clipped the back of my right foot, which made me spin around a time or two and then I fell down, luckily onto a grassy area on the other side of the road.  I really was not injured at all, just have a slight bruise on my heel now and a slight scrape on one elbow.  Good thing the speed limit on campus on that area is only 10 mph.  Right after I fell I heard a siren.  Turned out there was a campus police officer in the adjacent parking lot doing speed checks and he had seen the whole thing. He stopped the car and it turned out it was some student, about 20 or so, and he had been texting while driving, probably why he didn't see me - and was STILL texting when the cop stopped him, he still had his phone in his hand when the cop went up to the car.  Smart kid.  Roll eyes  So he got a ticket and a good chewing out by the officer, and my lose his campus driving privileges, as it is not only a state and city violation to text and drive, but also against university policy.  The cop offered to take me to the school health clinic to get checked, but I was okay - heck, I got hurt worse than this the time I ran into that police horse's butt - and I even ran my last half-mile back to the gym with no problems at all, no limping, etc.  Will see how I feel tomorrow, though, lol, sometimes the soreness can be 'delayed" for a bit, as I well know from past experience with DOMS.  Anyway, everything's cool, it could have been a lot worse. 

Hip Redux

Dammit, Scotty, watch out for yourself!  I hope they take that kid's license away, dumbass.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Scotty- haha no, especially not with Rocky... he is for the most part off leash during these hikes, but when I get him back to trail running with me I'll most likely have him on a leash.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)