Beginners and Beyond

Reluctant DAILIES (Read 37 times)

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

6.2. I'm fighting a cold. My body is trying very hard to not get sick. I'm hoping my tonsils win the war and my nose diesnt get stuffed up so far it is working. Throat is sore but not as bad today as yesterday.

Marjorie

Hello, dailies --

Rick - Empire? Fuji? Zestar?  And what's wrong with the skin? Tongue

Lily - enjoy the easy miles

Kristin - great news!  I hope that her memory will start returning, or that at the least, she decides she likes your cousin.

Baboon - have fun shopping

D - a bum tire already?  Doh.

Beth - go USA... and Germany... and Canada... in that order Wink

Dave - good TM and yoga to you

Tom - huh, RWOL has uploaded malware onto your PC?

Free - Summertime!

Marjorie - fight it off

People that wanted to be in a running club last week -- about 15.  People that actually showed up to run in single digits -- 1.

It wasn't really bad at all, no wind and bare pavement.  There were some other runners out on the usual roads, so suck it up, buttercups.  11.8 easy outside, then a brief drive back to the Y for 6 more GA.

Siberia T. Cat is rooting for Russia. 

Ric-G

kristin - that is some news about your cousin. hopefully it will improve even further.

6 this AM...i will be running an 8k(?) in a couple of weeks though i am not in any great form. have a great sunday!

marathon pr - 3:16

happylily

16 miles @ 8:34 mpm and that will have to do. Now shower, a glass of wine and maybe some Olympics.

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

Will run for scenery.

Kristin, glad CIL is recovering.  The memory loss is sad (and weird) but all in all I'd say she is very lucky.  Now all she has to do to recover is fall in love again.

I didn't make it to the gym yesterday before closing, so today is the day.  Promise.

Stupid feet!

Stupid elbow!

RunTomRun

Wickedly Average

Tom - huh, RWOL has uploaded malware onto your PC?

No, there's something that tries to load on the page. After about 30 seconds, it goes away and the top few posts are then visible. I think that it's a link that doesn't agree with my protective software. I've got way too much anti-spam/virus/popup/malware stuff running on this machine.

Edit: I just found the culprit - my antivirus software was blocking the Facebook "Like" button as a third party social network product. I set it to allow that particular site and all is well. Smile

Tom (formerly known as PhotogTom)

5K - 25:16, 10K - 55:31,  15K - 1:20:55,   HM - 1:54:54

LRB

Rick - Empire? Fuji? Zestar?  And what's wrong with the skin? Tongue

Actually honey-crisp, and I nom them skins like nobody's business.  That's where the good stuff be, yo.

Nice solo run, I am sure one or more of them figured no one else would be there.  Just gotta learn them that weather is not a deal breaker when it comes to group runs.

Speaking of runs, I got mine done and it and it was a complete fuckin' snooze-fest.  I was so bored I put on a puppet show with my gloves!  ZZZZ's

DavePNW

Junk mile day today, on sort of tired legs. Minimum 8 miles, to reach 80 for the week. 

Replace the 8's with 6's, and that's me, in my continual quest to be Lily's mini-me. (Mini-Lily? Try saying that 10 times fast.)

Of course Lily had to go and do and extra 8 miles, which I did not, although I did a 60-min Vinyasa yoga class afterwards. And then cleared yet more snow off the driveway.

Anyway, my first ever 60-mile week, so I'll take it.

Off to watch some Olympics, then our own personal winter games, i.e. DD's HS hockey game.

Dave

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Speaking of runs, I got mine done and it and it was a complete fuckin' snooze-fest.  I was so bored I put on a puppet show with my gloves!  ZZZZ's

Ok I laughed. I would pay money to see that!

Marjorie

LRB

Ok I laughed. I would pay money to see that!

Right?!  I do not know how you high mileage monsters eat those weekend long runs up like you do.  They bore me to death!

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

We needed a new tire after all.  They will talk to the owner to ask for a credit for that because the bike was new and the tire looks defective.

Damaris

StepbyStep-SH

Some of us just end up smashing it into applesauce, but it still eats pretty good.

I have no idea what that means, but my legs kind of feel like applesauce this morning.

I will get to it shortly - what has become my Sunday tradition of gym treadmill followed immediately by yoga class.

Have a great day everyone.

Have you been stalking me? (Congrats on the PB miles, BTW.)

Church, 5.1 recovery miles (though on the track today - save the TM for speedwork), yoga class. 51 miles for the week.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

Just B.S.

15k wearing 5 layers, hat, face warmer and double mittens and over 300 feet of climb but yeah for no wind!!!! Done in 1:29:29.

14 more weeks and marathon #9 will be my bitch!

Son and GF coming for dinner and to watch Olympics .

After they leave  I have  30 miles on the  bike on my schedule.

Rick, thank you for starting today's thread. Beautiful solo run.

Lily, amazing sixteen!

kristin10185, have a pleasant three-miler. I'm thrilled that your cousin's wife is awake and alive!

Phil, have fun doing whatever you do.

Damaris, boo on DH's flat. I hope that you have a fun workout and that you get a credit.

Beth, nice nine-miler. Have a great time with DS. Enjoy your bike ride later.

DaveP MI, I hope that your time with the TM and yoga went well.

Tom, have a relaxing and refreshing SRD.

Marjorie, sweet 6.2. A speedy and complete recovery to you.

Jay, bravo on the doubling.

Ric-G, excellent six. Good luck with the 8K!

jjs22, have a great time at the gym.

Gah. I only had time for 11.5, instead of the 15.0 I'd have liked to do. 11.5 TM miles in 2:01:42. 10:35 pace. It felt easy. I'm annoyed by the time constraints under which I was operating. I have a day off this coming Friday. I hope to do fifteen then.

On the bright side, I'm booked to fly out of Boston on March 17Smile

LRB

On the bright side, I'm booked to fly out of Boston on March 17Smile