Beginners and Beyond

Are you ready for some Sundailies? (Read 52 times)

Rest day one of at least 2.

I'll be cross-training by shoveling into my driveway before I can even reach my snow blower.

LRB

'Sup, yo!

It's a freakin' heatwave here at 22 degrees, I'm serious. After the crap we've had the past week it doesn't even feel cold outside.  lol

I will be heading over to Stoney Creek to run between 6 and 8 with a few of the peeps from the running crew, then hopefully some yummy pizza later depending on if I can find a date who actually wants to go. If not, I may do it solo. 

DavePNW

This is all we have to say to you Jay: we're not worthy!

Also, FYI: I couldn't help but also spread the gospel a little bit in the L&O dailies yesterday; I know you don't usually check in there but you might want to drop to pick up all your kudos.

MTA: I'm still in disbelief that you ran a marathon at a pace faster than I can probably run a mile. Just completely sick.

Dave

LRB

MTA: I'm still in disbelief that you ran a marathon at a pace faster than I can probably run a mile. 

Hmm. you may wanna put that supposition to the test and consider joining me at one of the three mile events I have penciled in this year. 

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

For the past week I've been reading and seeing other's and their runs, filling me with envy until I couldn't take it anymore so Rocky and I attempted a 3 miler on the trails this morning. My left leg is still stiff as fuck or so, it feels in the range of the Bicep Femoris and possibly the IT band... or mainly the Bicep Femoris. Left calf is still a bit bitchy but the left ankle was more irritated than the calf, overall it was a love/hate run. I needed to be out there, but not feeling close to 100% was depressing   

After the 3 miler, Rocky and I hiked for 1.6 miles, I just really wanted to be out there on the trails. It was only 30 degrees, so not bad at all.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Baboon

delicate flower

'Morning!  The Dailies can not hold Jay, they can only hope to contain him.

I hit the gym early this morning to pump myself.  I've got 45 minutes easy to run as well, which I'll get to at some point today.  Right now I'm logging into work to do some work.  BOOOOOOO.  Hoping to have a productive couple of hours and then FOOTBALL.

<3

happylily

After Jay's amazing performance yesterday, I feel inspired to go for a run today. My first of the week. It will be a tiny fraction of what Jay ran, at an even smaller fraction of his speed, but it will be a run nonetheless.

My son turned 17 on Thursday and we celebrated at a Tibetan restaurant last night, with aunts and uncles. It was fun. That's about the only thing that went on in my life this past week. But I'll be traveling abroad next weekend, so today I'll start packing my bags. I'm looking forward to that little escape.

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

LRB

But I'll be traveling abroad next weekend, so today I'll start packing my bags. I'm looking forward to that little escape.

I look forward to the RR darling.

happylily

I look forward to the RR darling.

Think Cancun, part 2.  Should be interesting indeed...

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

Zelanie

I think Jay should print that finish line photo and point to it whenever people try to take his treadmill at the Y.

Hey guys.  I'm struggling a bit right now.  I think it's because I bumped my mileage back up with the start of the new year.  It's not higher mileage than I'm used to, but it's more than I've run since my marathon.  So it makes sense that a couple of weeks in, I'd feel it, I think.  Still, I ran 12 yesterday, first time post-marathon, and I was a full two minutes slower per mile than I'd been in the past.  I've felt similarly slow for a while.  I have no idea what's going on other than I figure that if I keep getting out there, I will get through this patch.  So, I have 5 scheduled for today, to hit my weekly mileage goal.

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

Good morning folks!

I did my first run of the year this morning.  2.0 of the happiest miles I have experienced.  It hurt my thumb, but made the rest of me glow.  The stitches come out Tuesday, then it's all downhill from there ( I hope).

here is a less disturbing image, thanks to the miracle of modern medicine...

plus.google.com/u/0/photos/113024918513201528427/albums/6103128441942607041

Photo

Runner with a riding problem.

onemile

I ran 8.4. So, now I just need to run 3.2 more this evening to get to 50 miles for the week.  That's kinda what I'm aiming for as a minimum for the next 15 weeks so that I can make it through Boston without dying.

LRB

I ran 8 easy with a couple of aspiring sub-3:00 marathoners.  The back and forth on training ideals and principles was worth it alone, that hour went by way too fast.

It's funny though how I thought it was warm out until I spent an hour running in that shit, now it feels cold to me again.

Baboon

delicate flower

I've got 45 minutes easy to run as well

30, actually.  I read my schedule wrong.  So, 4.2 miles at 8:17 pace around the 'hood.

<3

LRB

That's kinda what I'm aiming for as a minimum for the next 15 weeks so that I can make it through Boston without dying.

Your base mileage prior to commencing marathon training is something I can only dream of achieving someday. It really is impressive how you seemingly string together 50 and 60 mile weeks for a billion weeks...not that I have been stalking it this whole time.

Seriously though, when you speak marathon training, I pay attention. I may not do as you suggest, but I do stop and look.