Beginners and Beyond

FriDAILIES in 3, 2, 1... (Read 43 times)

DavePNW

Nice plan Rick! Just for kicks, I'm going to see if I can link directly to my Marathon plan.

I see it too when I follow the link. It looks like it's under the "Training Plans" tab. But when I click on "Training Plans", it goes blank again.

LRB - I can't see yours either, I think you should have some in there.

Not sure if anyone knows how to do this, or if it is a bug & needs a message to Eric.

Dave

LRB

I see it too when I follow the link. It looks like it's under the "Training Plans" tab. But when I click on "Training Plans", it goes blank again.

LRB - I can't see yours either, I think you should have some in there.

Not sure if anyone knows how to do this, or if it is a bug & needs a message to Eric.

I'll check from my computer when my job stops bothering me.

Zelanie

HI folks!  I had a really nice run with the running club tonight.  It's nice when the slow group is actually running at my easy pace, so it felt very conversational.

Tonight I will run 6-8 after work and then start baking my MIL's birthday cake.

My plan should be in my log, too, in case anybody cares to see what Hanson's Advanced looks like in calendar form.

LRB

I can see yours, Drew's and mine from my phone.

DavePNW

My plan should be in my log, too, in case anybody cares to see what Hanson's Advanced looks like in calendar form.

I care very much! (Although I just bought the e-book anyway.) And I can in fact see it in your log.

Is that the plan copied verbatim, or does it include any changes you made?

Just based on a very informal sampling of a variety of RA threads, I may be sort of leaning more towards Hansons over Pfitz.

Dave

Zelanie

I haven't made any changes to it yet, just copied it from the book to my log.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

It's there!

Like magic!

Damaris

Brrrrrrr

Uffda

Not much of a taper there! It looks pretty good. I like the sustained mileage, but I do appreciate cutback weeks myself. I hope you crush that marathon. Smile

- Andrew

StepbyStep-SH

URD here. After sleeping with the windows open a couple of nights, my allergies and sinuses went on a rampage and I feel like crap. Up a bunch in the night to blow my nose, drink water and cough up nasty stuff, and I was running a slight fever last night. Today I have very little voice and even less energy. Hopefully a day of rest, maybe even a nap, and getting back to taking my allergy meds will help.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

DavePNW

Not much of a taper there! It looks pretty good. I like the sustained mileage, but I do appreciate cutback weeks myself. I hope you crush that marathon. Smile

Yeah apparently Hansons only does a 10 day taper. As well as a lot steadier day-to-day mileage, at least vs. the up & down swings of Pfitz.

Dave

happylily

I hope that you feel better soon, Shari. Hugs to you.

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Yo, yo, yo! School is out and I am done for the summer! Today is DW's last day so I am taking both DDs out to breakfast. I will likely go out for a few more miles tonight (4 last night) or then again, maybe I won't! Well, I likely will, then we are going to watch the hockey game and have a few cold ones.  Sounds good.

Lily: Cute kid and yes, she does look very wise. Smile

onemile

Yeah apparently Hansons only does a 10 day taper. As well as a lot steadier day-to-day mileage, at least vs. the up & down swings of Pfitz.

No cutback weeks, only cutback weekends (4 easy days in a row - man I looked forward to those).

First time I used the plan the 10 day taper was perfect.  Second time around, I felt like I wasn't recovered in time for race day.

DavePNW

First time I used the plan the 10 day taper was perfect.  Second time around, I felt like I wasn't recovered in time for race day.

What changed?

Dave

Zelanie

The guy from my club who is running Newport this weekend said he did the plan but then went ahead and tapered at the end.