Beginners and Beyond

FriDAILIES in 3, 2, 1... (Read 43 times)

LRB

LRB

The only downside to racing a HM during marathon training is the tired legs from lack of a real taper. I did a hilly HM 5 weeks out  from my FM and just took one day off as taper. Regardless, it was a good tune-up race and a nice switch from the constant training runs.

If all goes well it would be an attempt at qualifying for New York, so every second will count and I thus would be taking a proper taper.

Dave, Romeo 2 Richmond, otherwise known as a PR course.  Five weeks out.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

I was actually pretty busy in the office today, didn't have much chance to get on here.

I say we need a thread about crotches...

I'm surprised.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Baboon

delicate flower

7 easy miles done at 8:23 pace.  Recovery legs are recovering well.

<3

LRB

7 easy miles done at 8:23 pace.  Recovery legs are recovering well.

Great.  I just wanna be home, this traffic blows.

LRB

I just wanna be home, this traffic blows.

Finally!  First round's on me peeps!

D, Miami Beach must be in party mode what with game 6 there tonight?

From the Internet.

Lauren do not sell yourself short, an 8:00 mile may be your 10k pace come October.  Just train to be the best and fastest as you can and try not to limit yourself by time goals, or if you do, think and dream BIG! 

A girl can dream! I'd be thrilled! Big grin

Even my recovery pace is dropping now, I ran 2.75 this afternoon at a pace that would have been a rather brisk easy run for me last summer. It was also the first recovery run I've ever done that I think actually served its purpose - I feel much better/looser now than I did before I headed out. I reeeeeally want to race something to see where my fitness is at now, but I think I will continue to be patient and see if I can keep up with weekly workouts while getting close to the mileage range I'd like without breaking first. I may run next week's 5k just for fun if I think I can hold back enough.

From the Internet.

Damn, that's some indecision lol   good for you for going though!

Today is my one month surgiversary!   Off to the pool for my PT "homework."   45 minutes of walk and whatnot.  Next week I start transitioning to land PT.   Exciting stuff!

Hehe I am picturing you evolving.. climbing out of the primordeal (pool) ooze and growing new running legs! Ah I shouldn't be allowed on the internet on Fridays, my brain is shot!

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

4.2 this am. Picked DH up at the airport then just a shit ton of work and now it is 8:21. How in the hell is so late already?

Marjorie

Hip Redux

LMAO!

Hehe I am picturing you evolving.. climbing out of the primordeal (pool) ooze and growing new running legs! Ah I shouldn't be allowed on the internet on Fridays, my brain is shot!

Slymoon Runs

race obsessed

I was actually pretty busy in the office today, didn't have much chance to get on here.

I say we need a thread about crotches...

You dirty dirty girl...

And LRB that elevation graph looks mad nasty.

LRB

I may run next week's 5k just for fun if I think I can hold back enough.

You have a pretty good base going for yourself, I am not sure how you would hold back during a race though. 

LRB

How in the hell is so late already?

Honey I don't know but I am so glad the work day and week is ova!

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

I'm dirty in a lot of ways  But we won't get into that here on the dailies 

You dirty dirty girl...

And LRB that elevation graph looks mad nasty.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

From the Internet.

You have a pretty good base going for yourself, I am not sure how you would hold back during a race though. 

Neither do I, that's the problem :P Maybe I should just plan for a couple extra days off/super easy week afterward.