Beginners and Beyond

2020 Dailies #36 (Read 30 times)

onemile

6 miles, in the rain. I know, alert the media, right?

maybe you should report when it's not raining instead

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

It is more effort to hit the same paces in the dark for sure.

I've always wondered about that (although I've always been a night runner).

Damaris

DavePNW

maybe you should report when it's not raining instead

LOL, I do. It only seems like I don’t, since it’s been a long time since I’ve had cause do so.

Dave

sdWhiskers

I was super happy to run after work yesterday without a headlamp - just about an hour of daylight now.

Sunrise still hasn't really changed

RunningOnSand

I actually thought mine felt WORSE after having it done because prior to having it done I was walking pain free and after holy crap my calf was hurting just walking a limping shuffle.  But then when I ran (after another day off) it was completely pain free and has been since.

Hope yours works as well!

what happened to FS's dry needle appointment?

Was it sore immediately, or did it take awhile for the pain to set in? I feel bruised mostly on my right side (my bad side) but the relief on my Achilles is what is so unreal. I hope mine works as well as yours too.

I've been wondering about FS's dry needling, too!

RunningOnSand

Say who now? 

I'll try to find a graphic....

ETA: try this link 

ETA 2: having good toe strength is evidently very important for runners. Who knew?

RunningOnSand

I like effort based generally. However, I've found that when running in the dark (like headlamp dark), I have a hard time gauging effort. Especially since most of my chosen routes are alongside 4-6 lanes of traffic. Add in the noise, wind and thousands of car headlights, and my brain just says wtf with effort sometimes .

Hope the needling torture fixes your troubles!

I used to run in the super early mornings, and I always found the same, too. I would feel like I'd be flying along, only to find out I'd be running 30s-1min slower/mi. I can't imagine doing speedwork in the dark. No way, Jose. Especially with all that traffic and noise.

Thanks, I hope so too!

onemile

Was it sore immediately, or did it take awhile for the pain to set in? I feel bruised mostly on my right side (my bad side) but the relief on my Achilles is what is so unreal. I hope mine works as well as yours too.

I've been wondering about FS's dry needling, too!

it was pretty immediate. After the needling he kind of massaged my calf for awhile and then the appointment was done and he walked with me to the front desk and told me to try to walk normally and not favor that side (but I couldn't because it was SO SORE).  And then I had to walk a mile back to work which was a limp/shuffle.

that's really promising if you are feeling relief in your achilles already.  for me the calf was the problem and it only hurt running so it actually felt worse after the needling (until I tried running and then it was magically healed)

LRB

Sunrise still hasn't really changed

The darkness is lifting right around 35 minutes into my run. We're in the final quarter.

wolvmar

UM 45 Ohio 23

It is more effort to hit the same paces in the dark for sure. I am always slower.  I don't think the track / vs flat road vs paved flat path matters much to me but trying to run fast in the dark -ugh.  Esp when there may be ice, you have a headlamp but it's very dark out and you are trying not to trip or slip and fall bc you can't see your footing very well

that was my experience this morning running on a golf course in the dark.  My headlamp was just enough to see where I was going but I was always a bit unsure of footing so, even though I felt like I was working hard, my pace definitely slowed.  Could also just be the nature of running on somewhat long grass (I wasn't on the fairways) versus pavement. But, it was a nice change of pace, literally! 

wolvmar

UM 45 Ohio 23

6 miles, in the rain. I know, alert the media, right?

no snow today?

sdWhiskers

The darkness is lifting right around 35 minutes into my run. We're in the final quarter.

Runs on my early days end around 6am. I have no hope for daylight any time soon

Importing my runs into RA is still taking forever since the server switch. My run from this morning still hasn't appeared.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Still debating whether to hop on the TM now and be done with my run before 6pm or run at 5pm outside while the rain is falling and the ice is forming.

Damaris

DavePNW

no snow today?

It was snowing yesterday but warmed up & turned to rain.

Dave

LRB

Runs on my early days end around 6am. I have no hope for daylight any time soon

Importing my runs into RA is still taking forever since the server switch. My run from this morning still hasn't appeared.

Plus, you're west, so you get the last of everything. On the other hand, you are west, so you get the best of everything else.