Beginners and Beyond

Thursday Penguins are waddling towards the weekend (Read 24 times)

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

The "Penguin" daily threads were originally conceived to emphasize that all members of the community have a place on the boards. Encouragement, motivation, a little love nip (you will love one, give it a try!) or even a little kick in the pants when needed -- it can happen here.

Basically, we celebrate just getting out there and moving our tails!What is "slow"? "Slow" is a perception but one of the common benchmarks is the 10:00/mi pace; but there's no firm line. In fact, there are many of us that have slipped past this, and just hope that no one notices and revokes their "igloo privileges."

It can be confusing for the forum newbies, but we're not one of the teams in any of the fine games. It's a totally open group, so stop lurking, post an introduction of yourself dive in and join the fun! No application necessary! There might even be a lovely picture for Scotty (we love pics!) ShyShyShy

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

More sucking at life and oversleeping my alarm. It seems once a month-ish I have this issue, where I suddenly just seem to require more sleep than usual, and can't wake up. UGH! I finally dragged myself out of bed, and got all dressed and ready for my run, and then looked at the time and realized that I did NOT have time for a 5-7 mile run. Or even a 3 mile run. Or really anything at all. So I did a yoga video, an extensive foam rolling session, and some strengthening. There is a chance I will run tonight after work after then sun goes down....but it depends on how hot it still is. I really don't want to miss a run this long so I'm gonna try!

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning!  10 miles tonight.  More rain.  Working from home.

Kristin, I wrote a response to your post on the dailies.  Hope it improves.

Damaris

Bin Running

Morning Kristin.. Sometimes, the body just required some rest..

Damaris, Good luck with the 10M later.. Enjoy working from home..

9.5M done at a somewhat new route.. I used to take this route when I started running (until I got shin splints).. It's an out and back 5M but I go beyond where I usually turn back..

DW and DS is off to in-law place and I am too lazy to go mum's for home-cooked food.. Just some leaf salad with almond, chia seed and a roasted chicken drumstick.. Not much carbo,, Hope I don't wake up hungry later..

2015 Races

2XU HM - 29 Mar

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Morning Peeps !  Another long runningless weekend.  Will do a lot of walking.  Really sluggish after last nights wedding cake tasting. Very tasty!

Sorry you missed your run Kristin.  Hope its not too hot tonight.

Have a great WAH day, Damaris.

Bin, nice new route and enjoy the healthy salad.

Philliefan33

Good morning.

Kristin -- Maybe the heat wave is just wearing on you.  Don't beat yourself up too much, just do the best you can.

DR -- Working from home is nice occasionally.  I always feel like I get more done on those days.

Bin -- Yeah, you might need a little more than salad and a drumstick after 9+ miles

AFM -- 3 mile recovery jog this morning.  This is usually a nice relaxing run, but not today.  I was a sweaty mess because of the humidity, and ran through a couple of spider webs (not on purpose -- I didn't see them).  The webs stuck and it took me a while to brush them off and get rid of the itchy sensation.  Then I encountered some biting insects landing on my back and legs.  What a sight I must have been -- barely running, sweating profusely, trying to swat bugs off of myself. Undecided

Philliefan33

Good morning Jerry!

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Phillie, me too.  I do my special projects then.

Damaris

Awood_Runner

Smaller By The Day

Kristin - I hope you get your run in later .  If not, you'll be fine.

Docket - Nice early run.

Bin - Gotta love new routes.

AFM - On the road again.  Got in 6 with strides.  Have a great day.

Improvements

Weight 100 pounds lost

5K 31:02 Sept. 2012 / 23:36 Sept. 2013 (Same Course)

10K 48:59 April 2013

HM 2:03:56 Nov. 2012 / 1:46:50 March 2013

MARATHON 3:57:33 Nov. 2013

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

It's tonight!

Unless I ran while asleep and didn't notice.

Kristin - I hope you get your run in later .  If not, you'll be fine.

Docket - Nice early run.

Bin - Gotta love new routes.

AFM - On the road again.  Got in 6 with strides.  Have a great day.

Damaris

Awood_Runner

Smaller By The Day

Phone posting sucks lol

Improvements

Weight 100 pounds lost

5K 31:02 Sept. 2012 / 23:36 Sept. 2013 (Same Course)

10K 48:59 April 2013

HM 2:03:56 Nov. 2012 / 1:46:50 March 2013

MARATHON 3:57:33 Nov. 2013

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Damaris

From the Internet.

Morning pens! 3.22 miles for me. Fancy rich folk with green lawns are my new favorite people - I ran through one sprinkler near the beginning of my run and 3 in the last half-mile, made the heat a little more bearable.

Sent the new shoes back :C I really wanted to keep them but I pulled my credit report yesterday afternoon and to qualify for a mortgage loan in the next year I really have to spend the next few months paying down some debt and building up some savings, not buying new shoes that I don't really need just yet. I'm kind of excited to finally cut out some unnecessary expenses and make responsible/smart decisions (I'm selling a WHOLE CAR D: I've bought and traded in cars but never outright sold one!), and kind of dreading the whole house-hunting process since I know all the legwork is going to fall on me. DH is something of a workaholic so I get stuck with all the domestic, financial, child-raising crap on top of trying to do the bare minimum for my job. Ah well, this is why I make time to run - to relieve the stress of feeding and cleaning up after a selfish man-child in addition to a preschooler.

Bin Running

Jerry, Wedding cakes are yummy.. Sorry abt no running.. walking is good too.

Margo, hate running into spider web too..

Awood, it's amazing how you managed to clock in so much miles while having to travel so much.

Laren, sorry the sayonara can't stay.. It sound like a lot you are doing but it's all for the family.. so it's good...

2015 Races

2XU HM - 29 Mar

Bin Running

Oh.. haven't seen Dave and Jimmy for a while..

2015 Races

2XU HM - 29 Mar