Beginners and Beyond

Thursday Penguins are working for the weekend (Read 34 times)

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

You must have looked like this?

Got in 9-1/2 today.  Sweated like a Scotty, but it's okay, at least it was under 80*!

Damaris

SheCan

You must have looked like this?

Hehehe!  You're so brave, D!

Yup, except less fresh.  I"m all dried up now, Scotty.  Joking

Cherie

"We do not become the people who this world needs simply by turning our backs on anyone we don’t like, trust, or deem healthy enough to be in our presence. "  ---- Shasta Nelson

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I do look scary there! Big grin

Damaris

I do look scary there! Big grin

I can't tell if the guy behind you smells something funny or if he is about to fart.

”Failing to prepare is preparing to fail.”

“Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.”

Tomas

Singer who runs a smidge

I keep getting ads on the side of my Pandora for sites where I can meet fit singles in my area.  Who do they think they're advertising to?  I'm neither fit nor single!  It makes me laugh ...

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Naughty scotty!

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

Zelanie

I keep getting ads on the side of my Pandora for sites where I can meet fit singles in my area.  Who do they think they're advertising to?  I'm neither fit nor single!  It makes me laugh ...

You can't have a single without "sing"!

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Done with work, off to yoga!

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

5 miles with two one mile repeats in Idaho Falls, ID done. After about 800 or so miles of driving it felt food. Tomorrow we will be in MT so I will check in as long as we get wi-fi. Hope all is well. Smile

Philliefan33

This evening I did 6 miles at a local park. It was 81 degrees and humid, but shaded so it was bearable. Still hot, but bearable.

I encountered a runner wearing a fleece jacket!!  I  expected to see him collapsed along the path on my way back to the car...

Awood_Runner

Smaller By The Day

8 awesome hilly miles through a trail along the Mississippi River in Iowa.  On my phone.  Catch ya later!

Improvements

Weight 100 pounds lost

5K 31:02 Sept. 2012 / 23:36 Sept. 2013 (Same Course)

10K 48:59 April 2013

HM 2:03:56 Nov. 2012 / 1:46:50 March 2013

MARATHON 3:57:33 Nov. 2013

From the Internet.

This evening I did 6 miles at a local park. It was 81 degrees and humid, but shaded so it was bearable. Still hot, but bearable.

I encountered a runner wearing a fleece jacket!!  I  expected to see him collapsed along the path on my way back to the car...

People are crazy! I saw a girl running in a sweatshirt on my way home from work today.. like one of those 80's-style 3/4 sleeve/off the shoulder deals, but still way more fabric than I'd want touching my body while running outside!

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Phillie that is NUTS!!! I don't understand people

Amazonian Princess

People are crazy! I saw a girl running in a sweatshirt on my way home from work today.. like one of those 80's-style 3/4 sleeve/off the shoulder deals, but still way more fabric than I'd want touching my body while running outside!

No kidding! I think I'm ready to join the "less is better" club - I bought 2 pairs of running shorts that show thigh (gasp!) and I'm going to work my nerve up and wear them before the end of the year. Now that I've typed it, I'm committed Shy

Did elliptical, treadmill, and aqua jogging last night which loosened up the weirdness in my right leg. There's still a bit of tightness in the hip area down to the knee which is new to me, so tonight I'm doing yoga and some foam rolling. 5k Run at the Fig is this Saturday and just found out it's not timed but there are AG awards. Not that I expect to be anywhere close, but I'm curious, how does that work if there's no chip? Sorry for another silly newb question...

I can. I will. I am. 

Zelanie

They might just use gun time- somebody is standing at the finish hitting "stop" on a stopwatch every time somebody goes through.  Then they tear off the bottom part of your bib when you finish and put them in order.  Or, if it's a really small race, you get a popsicle stick with your finishing order on it.  In either case, they then match up your time with the time on the stopwatch.

Regardless, good luck, and I hope you have a great time!