Beginners and Beyond

ThursDAILIES (Read 46 times)

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Another 6.2 miles this morning, and hopefully 3-4 miles this evening with Dorian.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

I'll repeat my question from yesterday since no one answered, is anyone dressing up for Halloween? Smile

For an hour or two I'm going to masquerade as a runner.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K, 9:11:09
            06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

Mmmmm...beer

I will, but on Friday. I'll be dressed as a clown, which is actually very fitting, considering my job. What are you dressing up as?

A happy clown, or a scary clown?  I'm going as Deadpool, comic book anti-hero.  I love Halloween, we dress up to take the kids trick or treating.  Plus, they really love Halloween at my new job, most people here dress up and they have a costume contest.  I'm doing a race Halloween morning, might even race in my costume, haven't decided yet, it's spandex, so it would work.

Actual costume I'll be wearing, I'll be adding the swords, guns, belts, etc.

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

If we go to our usual Halloween party I will wear one of INB outfits. Running a Halloween race this weekend but cannot dress up too much due to the heat.

Damaris

From the Internet.

I'm at the gym and just realized I forgot to brush my teeth after breakfast this morning. Blech! Gonna be a long day!

Medium-long this morning, deadlifts and OHP right now, bunch of stuff to get done at work, riding friend's horse late afternoon. I'm going to sleep like a baby tonight!!

You Rang?

Yesterday's easy run completed this morning.  Was supposed to run last night but somehow found myself in a cantina with a belly full of Mexican food and margarita mix...Tempo run this evening.

Rick 

PR: 5k 25:01 (10/15) 10k: 57:44 (7/14) HM: 1:57 (5/15) FM: 4:55 (1/15)

happylily

Dave, though I'm sure my pre-schoolers would love to see me dressed as Pennywise the Clown, I'm afraid that I'll have to stick with the happy clown impersonation. I don't want to lose my job. Big grin That's quite an elaborate outfit that you chose. We will need pictures!

Lauren, ewww... I hope you at least have chewing gum?

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

onemile

I ran 7. I lack energy, feel beat the hell up, and yearn for the days when running *easy* isn't so hard.

Just in time for taper!

Mmmmm...beer

Damaris, that's my only concern is if it's warm that day, I'll die in a full body spandex suit!  Our weather can't make up it's mind, I was wearing long sleeves/hat/gloves for my run this morning and it's going to be in the 80s this afternoon.

Lily, forgot you work with kids, I guess giving them nightmares probably wouldn't be good. lol There will definitely be pictures! Smile

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

I don't plan on it, no. I've got a trail race Friday night October 30, I am sure someone will be dressed up.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Our weather can't make up it's mind, I was wearing long sleeves/hat/gloves for my run this morning and it's going to be in the 80s this afternoon.

I know what you mean, our weather has been bipolar this week. I am not sure whether to put away my tanks for t-shirts or my shorts for capris/tights 

PRs

bluerun

Super B****

Limped to get an MRI.  It was harder than running a marathon.

I wish I was joking, but I'm not.

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

LRB

Just in time for taper!

I hope so.

LRB

I know what you mean, our weather has been bipolar this week. I am not sure whether to put away my tanks for t-shirts or my shorts for capris/tights 

I've run in everything from 35 to 60 the past week! I'm enjoying it all though because I know what looms...

LRB

Limped to get an MRI.  It was harder than running a marathon.

I wish I was joking, but I'm not.

When do you get the results?

And it's good that you are still around FFS. I know it must be killing you!