Beginners and Beyond

ThursDAILIES (Read 46 times)

Half Crazy K 2.0

Just under 4 site seeing miles in Hollywood. No star sitings aside from the ones on the Walk of Fame. Did run up the hill near our hotel to end my run. OMG. That was a steep hill, it was actually harder to come down it than going up. Got a great view of the area up there.

DavePNW

I'm going as Deadpool, comic book anti-hero. 

Awesome. We will need to see pics. We have gone to a lot of adult Halloween parties in our time, although it's been a while now. But they were always a lot of fun. The creativity of some people is impressive. Our kids have remained into it, at ages 19 & 16. Actually I have no idea what they are doing this year. But last year we asked DD (18) "are you still trick or treating?", she said "duh, free candy". Actually her costumes get really elaborate; she is into cosplay & likes to go to the cons (if that means anything to any of you). She typically dresses up as characters from video games we have never heard of.

Oh, 8 miles by the way. And I have been up since 2:00 AM. 

Dave

onemile

Good morning, gentlemen!

I have 8 with hill repeats after work.

Have a nice day, everyone!

Have you done hill repeats before? I don't recall you ever mentioning these.

happylily

Awesome. We will need to see pics. We have gone to a lot of adult Halloween parties in our time, although it's been a while now. But they were always a lot of fun. The creativity of some people is impressive. Our kids have remained into it, at ages 19 & 16. Actually I have no idea what they are doing this year. But last year we asked DD (18) "are you still trick or treating?", she said "duh, free candy". Actually her costumes get really elaborate; she is into cosplay & likes to go to the cons (if that means anything to any of you). She typically dresses up as characters from video games we have never heard of.

Oh, 8 miles by the way. And I have been up since 2:00 AM. 

How in hell do you manage to function on so little sleep?

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

bluerun

Super B****

When do you get the results?

And it's good that you are still around FFS. I know it must be killing you!

They'll be mailed to me, so I won't get them for another decade since the USPS is worth shit.  The doctor will get them sooner, but since they still haven't called me to tell me that my insurance authorized the MRI I've already had, I'm probably going to have to hunt those down too.

You have no idea.  Seriously.  (But if I spontaneously die while in DR next week, at least it will happen while doing something I like.  Or, you know, that I would like if I weren't too depressed to enjoy it.)

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

I've run in everything from 35 to 60 the past week! I'm enjoying it all though because I know what looms...

Very true... I hate the weeks it takes me getting used to tights and long sleeves and gloves lol. That adds another 10-15 minutes of getting dressed where a pair of shorts and sports bra and/or tank top only takes 5 minutes.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

LRB

Just in time for taper!

Meanwhile you're humming right along. That workout would've left my body parts strewn along the road.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Yesterday's easy run completed this morning.  Was supposed to run last night but somehow found myself in a cantina with a belly full of Mexican food and margarita mix...Tempo run this evening.

That is a good reason not to run.

Damaris

LRB

They'll be mailed to me, so I won't get them for another decade since the USPS is worth shit.  

lol - that's pretty good.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

If I ever sleep 5 hours, that's cause for celebration. I hardly ever sleep that much.

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Damaris, that's my only concern is if it's warm that day, I'll die in a full body spandex suit!  Our weather can't make up it's mind, I was wearing long sleeves/hat/gloves for my run this morning and it's going to be in the 80s this afternoon.

Lily, forgot you work with kids, I guess giving them nightmares probably wouldn't be good. lol There will definitely be pictures! Smile

Mine is 80 by 7am. I cannot even try something too heavy. Good luck!

Damaris

Ric-G

it could be worse...you could have woken up in a cantina and not remembered the food or the margaritas...

Yesterday's easy run completed this morning.  Was supposed to run last night but somehow found myself in a cantina with a belly full of Mexican food and margarita mix...Tempo run this evening.

marathon pr - 3:16

Ric-G

7 miles this morning - glad it's done....looks like the Bartman still wont be welcomed at wrigley any time soon...and mattingly won't be welcomed at dodger stadium either...well, spring training does start up again at some point. have a good day everyone.

D2 - looks like a cool costume

marathon pr - 3:16

DavePNW

I don't know. I forgot to report that I did actually sleep like a log the night before last. From about 10:00 till my alarm went off at 4:45, which is pretty good for me, although does not make up for all the accumulated sleep deficit of the previous nights. And when I do get a decent night's sleep, almost guaranteed the next night will be bad. Just becomes a way of life I guess. I know DW could not do it. She needs her 8+ hours, then an afternoon nap if she can get it.

Dave

happylily

I don't know. I forgot to report that I did actually sleep like a log the night before last. From about 10:00 till my alarm went off at 4:45, which is pretty good for me, although does not make up for all the accumulated sleep deficit of the previous nights. And when I do get a decent night's sleep, almost guaranteed the next night will be bad. Just becomes a way of life I guess. I know DW could not do it. She needs her 8+ hours, then an afternoon nap if she can get it.

I also don't get people who need 10+ hours. My sister is like that. I can get by on 6 hours, but will do best on 7. If I have a chance on vacation, I'm able to sleep 8 hours straight, but never more than that.  I have to admit: I find sleep to be a delicious thing. I'm sorry that you can't enjoy more of it.

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010