Beginners and Beyond

ThursDAILIES (Read 46 times)

happylily

This^^

At work, I once dressed in the tooth fairy (before the movie). I wore one of DW's dresses (it was rather short on me), fake ugly teeth, an ugly wig, and cute little princess stuff from my 5 yo daughter (wings in the back, a crown (or whatever that silver thing in my hait is called), a magical wand... and in the other hand I had a pair of plyers and was snapping them in the face of people saying that I was paying good money for teeth and asking them if they wanted to sell them.

It was better in person. That costume is legendary now. People still often call me the tooth fairy, 10 years later.

LOL... That was very creative!

Did you vote for the pretty boy? Well at least he plans on legalizing marijuana completely. That should keep us all happy during the rough years ahead...

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

bluerun

Super B****

Sorry about the foot fracture Bluerun. Do you have to use crutches? 

He didn't say I do, but I think I'm going to dig mine up anyway because A. MY FOOT FUCKING HURTS, B. I won't have to stand on the subway anymore, and C. at least my arms will look good, because the last time I was on crutches, they got ripped.

Except I'm not taking them on my vacation because I need to be able to use my hands to navigate an airport with baggage.  Yeah.

Speaking of said trip, I limped to the ENT today because I had a really bad cold last week and my ears were all congested, and a burst eardrum doesn't sound like fun so I wanted to make sure everything was okay there.

Pro tip: when a patient declines to be weighed because they don't want to know their weight, and only agrees to get on the scale if they don't see what it says? DON'T PUT IT ON THE PATIENT PLAN THAT YOU GIVE THEM.  I really, really, really did not need to see that.

Adieu.

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

LRB

Adieu.

Not so fast. Who are we blaming for this, because WE NEED SOMETHING OR SOMEONE TO BLAME.

Shoes? Trail race? Dumb luck?

onemile

I have been in a meeting that was scheduled for one hour since 10:30 this morning. 

Cyberic

LOL... That was very creative!

Did you vote for the pretty boy? Well at least he plans on legalizing marijuana completely. That should keep us all happy during the rough years ahead...

I voted for Duceppe because I'm in his... jurisdiction?, or whatever the english word for 'compté' is.  To me it was a no-brainer as I wanted him in Ottawa, even if he can't be more than a watch dog. Turns out he won't be even that.

I don't mind pretty boy, yet. He seems rather shallow, but I'll give him the chance tp prove himself before I judge him.

Anything but Harper.

MTA: As for pot, I don't smoke it anymore, and will not start again if it gets legal. At least not now. But I'm all for it. I personnally think it is less damaging than alcohol.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

My office does not allow us to get dressed for Halloween but, I kid you not, I went to work in a black dress and black boots (back when October had nice weather rather than fucking burning) and my boss told me: you know we cannot dress up for Halloween, right?  The look I gave him said it all. What did he think I was, a witch or something???

Damaris

onemile

My office does not allow us to get dressed for Halloween but, I kid you not, I went to work in a black dress and black boots (back when October had nice weather rather than fucking burning) and my boss told me: you know we cannot dress up for Halloween, right?  The look I gave him said it all. What did he think I was, a witch or something???

LOL

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

My office is now using Microsoft Lync for meetings. We used it for the first time today. First, my analyst emailed me saying he could hear me talking. Then someone was eating chips and someone flushed thr toilet. We are all on mute so no idea why.  Oh, and I am working from home and alone. Who the fuck I was talking to?

Damaris

LRB

I have been in a meeting that was scheduled for one hour since 10:30 this morning. 

Incredible!

DavePNW

My office is now using Microsoft Lync for meetings. We used it for the first time today. First, my analyst emailed me saying he could hear me talking. Then someone was eating chips and someone flushed thr toilet. We are all on mute so no idea why.  Oh, and I am working from home and alone. Who the fuck I was talking to?

Lync is a good system when it works. Of course it often does not.

Dave

onemile

I assume you have a conference call #? Don't join the audio via Lync. It will use your computer's microphone.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

I watched the trailer for Deadpool... so going to go and see it and I am going to see it in the Royal Suite where I can have my alcohol!! Yum, yum, yum and the movie looks totally entertaining.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

LRB

MTA: As for pot, I don't smoke it anymore, and will not start again if it gets legal. At least not now. But I'm all for it. I personnally think it is less damaging than alcohol.

Yeah, you basically vegg out for days and days and days. lol

happylily

There are days when I'd love to feed it to the kids here and take a double helping for myself. Seriously...

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

DavePNW

Or so you have heard.

Dave