Beginners and Beyond

Not ToDAILIES (Read 45 times)

Hip Redux

Morning!  Snow day today for the 5th day in a row.   It might rain this afternoon, though.  Or freezing rain.  The forecasters don't know.

Oski- I think lumbosacral stenosis is what they said.  Usually they don't do surgery for the degenerative form, which shows up in old, large breed dogs.  But they think she has the congenital form, found in younger, smaller dogs.  And for that, they do recommend surgery.  Still googling.  We might get a second opinion, but the place we went to is pretty good.

Ah, ok.   Also look into the depo-medrol shots.  For the degenerative type, at least, people call it a "miracle" drug for getting the dog out of pain/discomfort.

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

I took off my soft cast and will finally take a shower! Never thought I'd be so excited to shower!

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

LRB, that is not too damn cold outside...that is WAY too damn cold outside!  Description of your sartorial splendor, LRB, makes me think of those characters in the 'neo-noir' Sin City comic-book series thingys...

Dang, Dave, and I thought LRB's temps were cold!

Wow, Damaris, you are going all the way to Georgia to run 8 miles?  Good luck with that!   Funny, Damaris, Gail does that same emoticon thing with me...and also a lot of eye rolling.

Step, glad your run went well, and the ribs behaved somewhat.  I have two indoor tracks available to me...but I just cannot do it.  I find them almost as boring as the treadmill.  Have...to....be...outside....to....run!   Thank goodness I don't have temps in my area like a lot of you folks do!

Congrats on your outside run, Baboon...sounds pretty brutal though, black ice, hills, slippage!  Hard Core Phil!

Enjoy the rest time, Jack; at least you have plenty of football coming up to watch during your down time.

Ugg, snow mixed with rain, sucks Zelanie.  Makes for a nice 'slush'.  Be careful if you run outside in that stuff.  No harming The Great Legs!    Hope everything works out with your doggie, wishing your 4-legged family member all the best!

I'm excited for you taking a shower too, Kristin!   photo leersmiley_zpsefde683b.png        Seriously, I can relate.  My first knee surgery, I was in a plaster cast from hip all the way down to my foot for FOUR MONTHS!  Hope your foot is feeling a bit better!

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

LOL scotty! 4 months?! ugh that is awful

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Damaris

Yugo8

Stupid only 4 miles on my lunch hour.

Docket:  I hope your kitten (cat, yes, I see) gets better soon

LRB:  cold, brr (but I'll trade you) and happy rest day.  He he, I wear all-back too often.

Dave: happy 5 on treadmill

Step: Enjoy the Y.  I always loved going with my Mom when I lived nearby.

Scottydog:  I feel exactly the opposite about the weather.  Also, it must be really fun to run by the zoo.

Baboon:  hills are awesome, yay

Jack:  happy week of rest

Zelanie:  5 snow days in a row!  Wow

Kristin:  sending healing vibes

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Yugo, she is still a kitten inside.  Way inside because she is fat.

Damaris

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Aww glad to see Trixie is doing better

LRB

Dang, Dave, and I thought LRB's temps were cold!

Yeah he is about 40 minutes west of me and on the front line!

Yugo, I use the word stupid probably six times a day!  

D, is she all black?

Happy freshness Kris!

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

She is, except a hair or two.  Right now she has no hair on certain sections that were shaved.

Damaris

LRB

She is, except a hair or two.  Right now she has no hair on certain sections that were shaved.

Sounds like me, all the way across. 

Hip Redux

So out of curiosity, I checked out what Buffalo's weather was today:

Snow is accumulating rapidly.

Has anyone seen Jay today? Could he be stuck in a snow bank somewhere?  

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Maybe he was measuring the snow and got swallowed by it?

How am I supposed to feed Trixie (force feed) 100ccs of food if 50cc was hard??? More food tonight, I guess.

Damaris

LRB

Has anyone seen Jay today? Could he be stuck in a snow bank somewhere?  

Unlikely, dude picks fruit while he runs.  The path is probably cleared as he runs through it!

DavePNW

Unlikely, dude picks fruit while he runs.  The path is probably cleared as he runs through it!

Sometimes I just have no earthly idea what you are talking about. 

Dave