Beginners and Beyond

Languorous Monday Penguins (Read 19 times)

PADRunner

The "Penguin" daily threads were originally conceived to emphasize that all members of the community have a place on the boards. Encouragement, motivation, a little love nip (you will love one, give it a try!) or even a little kick in the pants when needed -- it can happen here. Basically, we celebrate just getting out there and moving our tails! What is "slow"? "Slow" is a perception but one of the common benchmarks is the 10:00/mi pace; but there's no firm line. In fact, there are many of us that have slipped past this, and just hope that no one notices and revokes their "igloo privileges." It can be confusing for the forum newbies, but we're not one of the teams in any of the fine games. It's a totally open group, so stop lurking, post an introduction of yourself dive in and join the fun! No application necessary! There might even be a lovely picture for Scotty (we love pics!)

"What distinguishes those of us at the starting line from those of us on the couch is that we learn through running to take what the days gives us, what our body will allow us, and what our will can tolerate."

-John Bingham

PADRunner

Morning Penguins, definitely languorous after yesterdays run. RD and gym today.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning!  5 and weights tonight.

PAD, enjoy the gym.

Damaris

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Morning PAD and DR and everyone.

Have a good RD, PAD.

Cold better, Docket?

RD for us and no gym for me as it is closed for remodeling.  Hoping for cooler temps tomorrow.

Have a great week !!!

tracilynn

Morning pengs

still hot here. Ready for a cool off and all things pumpkin flavored!

did 2.7 this morning  - a little short because my stomach was rebelling.  My plan calls for "strength" today too so I will do some lunge and squat bullcrap later. 

cute video of TJ on FB this morning.

~~~~~~~

Traci

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning PAD and DR and everyone.

Have a good RD, PAD.

Cold better, Docket?

RD for us and no gym for me as it is closed for remodeling.  Hoping for cooler temps tomorrow.

Have a great week !!!

I think the cold is gone or close to it.  My husband was not as lucky.

Damaris

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Hi Pens.

We got home late last night from our race weekend and are back at wrk today. I am sore! No running for me today. Maybe not even tomorrow...

tracilynn

How is mrs klompuses' mental state?  OH SO CLOSE

~~~~~~~

Traci

Zelanie

Morning!  First "official" day back for teachers today, so lots and lots of meetings are scheduled.  Oh boy!  I have 8 easy scheduled for after work.

Jack- Congratulations!  If I did my stalker math correctly, you really laid the hammer down in the second half of your race yesterday.  And Mrs. K is the most consistent marathoner ever.  Her first two marathons within 20 sec. finishing time of each other?  That is awesome!

PAD- Enjoy the more languorous day, and hope the gym goes well!

D- Have a nice run later!

Jerry- How long is the gym going to be closed?  I guess better in summer than winter.

Traci- I am NOT ready for summer to end yet!  And certainly not for pumpkin flavor!  Sorry about the cranky stomach this morning.

Singer who runs a smidge

Morning, Penguins!! "Languorous" is a good word to describe me today, too. My tech is out this week keeping his kids, and I was all kinds of late to work. Fortunately there aren't any samples in, so I will still have time to get everything done that I want to. Quartet coaching on Saturday was awesome, and DH and I had our anniversary dinner at the Cheesecake Factory Saturday night. Woo-hoo!! Planning on a Walk at Work today.

PAD -- have a good RD and gym!!

Docket -- have a good 5 and weights!!

Jerryb -- have a good RD!!

traci -- woo-hoo for your miles, sorry your tummy was upset!!

Jack -- so how did the race go? Non-stalkers want to know!

Zelanie -- kids in my county have been back at school for a week and a half, but my tech's kids don't start until after Labor Day. And my friend in Georgia went back the last week of July.

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Traci: she is disappointed but is happy with her run. I forgot how long that race is. She Says she is done for a while and will run some of the other distances again.

Zel: thanks for stalking! Wink I don't know if I put the hammer down but I did stay pretty consistent. I did try to pick it up the last two miles. I was happy with it. Thanks for the kind words about Mrs. K.

HsM: I will do a little RR when I have some time, hopefully tonight.

Robert31320

Team TJ

3.3 miles for me this morning.  Like Traci, stomach issues shortened my planned miles by 1.

Running for TJ because he can't.

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Sorry about the tummy aches, Robert and Traci.

We are going to postpone the RD since it rained and cooled down quite a bit.  Distance is TBD.

Singer who runs a smidge

Ok, I've done all the major things on my to-do list except walk.  Once I can bundle my undergrad out of my lab, I can put my feet on the sidewalk.  Hoping to get out by 3:30 or so.

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Ok, I've done all the major things on my to-do list except walk.  Once I can bundle my undergrad out of my lab, I can put my feet on the sidewalk.  Hoping to get out by 3:30 or so.

Is this a WAW, HsM?

4.5 run/run.  It cooled down, but the humidity was up (or so it seemed).   Had to stop a few times to pick up branches.  Don't  want the bikers to get out of control and hit a runner.  Run went well, particularly since I was mentally prepared for a RD.  That's 4 running days in a row.