Beginners and Beyond

Sleepy lazy Sundailies! (Read 47 times)

Rondog65

Hello all,

Did a 12.69 mile long run today.  Went out to fast on tired legs and felt it on the way back.  On the positive side is I got the run in and I feel ok.

Ron's PRs 5K 24:14 (12/07/2013); Half Marathon 1:53:33 (5/26/2013)

Just B.S.

I would love if you were my mom. You're the coolest. Smile

Awwww so sweet, now I have to adopt you too!LOL

I already adopted Luke as my internet son since #1 he is a great guy and a runner and

#2 has the same name as my 2nd son!

Zelanie, heal soon.

SIAR, enjoy your run. Bravo for volunteering.

AmiK, terrific thirteen-miler.

Ric-G, fantastic four-miler.

AprilRunner, smoking three miles.

Beth, awesome 18.2. I wish that I were as in tune with my body as you are.

Congratulations, B-Plus!

Marjorie, terrific 22.2. How long had you been running before you were able to comfortably do twenty-plus-mile runs several times per month?

Jack, excellent ten-miler. 9:00 and comfortable are a sweet combination.

Rondog65, terrific 12.69. I'm happy that your legs feel good.

I think that I started my LR today too quickly. I checked my splits for this morning:

Mile 1: 9:53.01

Mile 2: 9:15.79

Mile 3: 9:04.45

Mile 4: 9:09.52

Mile 5: 9:08.85

Mile 6: 9:17.31

Mile 7: 9:25.03

Mile 8: 9:22.75

Mile 9: 9:21.50

Mile 10: 9:25.66

Mile 11: 9:14.65

Mile 12: 9:07.91

Mile 13: 8:59.48

Mile 14: 8:46.17

I'd hoped to keep the pace consistent or have a gentle progression run.

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Basya I've been running over 24 years. I've been doing the 20 plus the last few years. Earlier in 2012 I took several months cut way back. Didn't go back to the 20s until nov or dec. (can't remember when I went back to 20s). I just enjoy running far.

Marjorie

DavePNW

So despite my uncertainty about being able to get 18 in today, instead I did 20, at 9:21. The last 2 felt pretty rough, so maybe it was a mistake. But glad to get it in the books especially considering I'm not sure what I'll be able to get in next weekend when I'm out of town.

So on a different subject: my 16yo DD has a great friend who happens to be a boy, but it is totally platonic, they just hang out & play video games. So today he comes over presumably for that, and hands her a dozen roses & asks her to go to prom. Which seems like a great story, except she really has no interest in anything resembling a date, plus she has no interest in going to prom as she gets easily freaked out by crowds & loud noises. So at this point we are not sure what's going to happen.

Dave

Hip Redux

Had some family obligations in Boston today so rest day.  Did 3 miles yesterday.

Watching the London Marathon on the DVR.   Looks like the women just caused a crash in the hand cycle race.  YIKES.

Speaking of the London Marathon:

SUSchnauzer

Run Long, Hard, and Fast

16.02 miles @ 8:03 pace done. I was going to do 17 but had a little issue. The temp was in the mid 30s and I wore no gloves. After 8 miles my hands were numb from the cold. Mile 10 I headed north toward the lake into a frigid wind.  After mile 12 all my fingers were a dark red at the tips. At the end of the run they were so cold and numb that I could hardly untie my shoelaces.

Splits (GPS Interval)
                 TypeDistance Split settingsDurationTotal DurationPaceAvg HRMax HRNotes
                1 Interval 1 mi 8:27.63 8:27.63 8:28      
                2 Interval 1 mi 8:14.60 16:42.23 8:15      
                3 Interval 1 mi 8:08.94 24:51.17 8:09      
                4 Interval 1 mi 8:07.65 32:58.82 8:08      
                5 Interval 1 mi 8:04.77 41:03.59 8:05      
                6 Interval 1 mi 8:02.41 49:06 8:03      
                7 Interval 1 mi 8:00.80 57:06.80 8:01      
                8 Interval 1 mi 8:06.06 1:05:12.86 8:07      
                9 Interval 1 mi 7:56.03 1:13:08.89 7:57      
                10 Interval 1 mi 7:57.47 1:21:06.36 7:58      
                11 Interval 1 mi 7:52.54 1:28:58.90 7:53      
                12 Interval 1 mi 7:49.47 1:36:48.37 7:50      
                13 Interval 1 mi 7:57.37 1:44:45.74 7:58      
                14 Interval 1 mi 8:02.75 1:52:48.49 8:03      
                15 Interval 1 mi 8:09.29 2:00:57.78 8:10      
                16 Interval 1 mi 7:49.77 2:08:47.55 7:50      
                17 Interval 0.02 mi 0:07.15 2:08:54.70 5:58    
                So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Quick evening check in - ran 9 miles, with 3 at MP today.  It finally warmed up a little from this morning so the run was pretty pleasant and the MP miles felt good.  Next week will just be some shorter runs with a couple quick segments, and then it's time to race!

Ron...Nice job on your long run even though you started a little quickly.  Lesson learned - until you do it next time (if you're like me).

Beth..Howdy!  You are quite the consistent pacer.

Basya...Those splits don't look so bad.  If anything it was just a consistent run with a fast finish.   Nice job picking the pace back up at the end.

Marjorie...Wow, that's a great running career you have going!  Nice job on the long run.

Dave...Great job on the long run.  Sometimes you just gotta let yourself run what you want to.  That's quite the predicament for your poor daughter.  At least the kid made a classy attempt.

Oski...Wish I had thought to tape the race or found a way to watch it on the internet.  2:06 for the men's winner would have been fun to see.  Poor guy didn't even make the Olympic team!  I read about the hand cycling incident...sounds like it's a logistical issue that needs to be fixed.

Sus...It's so hard to dress properly this time of year!  I'm impressed that you stuck with it though.  Nice, steady long run.

Trying to find some more hay to restock the barn

Hip Redux

They let the hand cyclers go AFTER the women started - that seems like a mistake, no?  The hand cycles then had to pass all the women, and it happened right at an aid station.   Ugly.

Strange that a Jeptoo won after a Jeptoo won Boston.  Is that a common name for fast women?  lol

Oski...Wish I had thought to tape the race or found a way to watch it on the internet.  2:06 for the men's winner would have been fun to see.  Poor guy didn't even make the Olympic team!  I read about the hand cycling incident...sounds like it's a logistical issue that needs to be fixed.

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

They let the hand cyclers go AFTER the women started - that seems like a mistake, no?  The hand cycles then had to pass all the women, and it happened right at an aid station.   Ugly.

Strange that a Jeptoo won after a Jeptoo won Boston.  Is that a common name for fast women?  lol

Thinking of changing your name? Smile  I was confused when I saw she had won again too, because I knew that wasn't possible.  Oddly enough, it apparently is possible to win back to back in the the women's chair race.  I would think her recovery would have been more similar to what a marathoner's is, but there must be something different.

Trying to find some more hay to restock the barn

Rondog65

Thanks for the kind words So Im a Runner, I won't learn and will make the same mistake again.  However I am slowly progressing pace times are going down and mileage going up.

Dave I feel your pain / excitement on the prom drama.  DS attended his junior prom last year and was asked by a junior again this year (they don’t have a senior prom).  They had better limos than I had when I got married.  He is a quiet boy, wasn’t sure how it was going to go.  He had a wonderful time, things work themselves out.

Ron's PRs 5K 24:14 (12/07/2013); Half Marathon 1:53:33 (5/26/2013)

Luke79

6 miles @ 8:51.  That was actually 10k PR pace o.O  Great run, beautiful day.

LRB

Did a 12.69 mile long run today.  Went out to fast on tired legs and felt it on the way back.  On the positive side is I got the run in and I feel ok.

A glass of wine will work wonders for them legs!

Basya my splits were all over the place as well.  Not sure what was up with that other than a lack of focus, which is okay from time to time.

SUS, no words for you except damn!

Dave, yeah girls kind of do their own thing.  I had a dude cry to me once when my daughter booted him, I just said sorry man lol!

Aw shit Luke, is time to sign up and test that theory?

Lilac, be careful with the Lunarglides too, they tore my ankles and tendons the hell up.  The LG 4's that is.

Blue, I had a dog once who could catch mice!

Congrats on the time Kris!

Zel, did you wear different shoes for your race, or was it run on a cambered road?

Jay, it's time for an upgrade!

Nice work B Plus, will comment in your report.

Nice running everyone else!

B-Plus

Don't laugh, but I used to think that was you in your avi.  I must be the only person on the planet who did not know.

So who the hell is that?

Okay, you can laugh now.  ; )

I still have no idea who that is and also thought that it was JK until I saw his RRs.

Beth - I hear you on not driving to run. Out the door and off I go ...

Oski - Great pic. I think I'll steal some nice pics from the Internet and add to my report.

Basya - I just keep the first mile or two relaxed and then all of a sudden it clicks. If you were able to comfortably hit your paces, no issues there. But I think you mentioned you struggled near the end so you may wish to slow down at the start or it may be something else. I know, I'm no help at all!

Luke79

It is LRB.  I have one in June.