Beginners and Beyond

Not So Sunny SunDAILIES (Read 59 times)

StepbyStep-SH

CoolWELCOME TO THE DAILIES THREAD!   Cool

Anyone and everyone can post your runs, cross-training, abdominal work, rest days, race plans, training questions, etc.. The only stupid question is the one you did not post. There’s a great mix of beginners and veterans, runners and walkers, and maniacs and returners, from injury to running. We're all a little crazy here, too! While this thread is a terrific source of motivation for runners and serves as outstanding accountability, you’ll quickly find this remarkable group to be highly supportive of all life experiences. So, come on in, put your feet up, and stay a while (not literally)! And whoever is up first is welcome to start the thread and we definitely keep some weird hours.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

StepbyStep-SH

That lack of sun is just fine with me this morning, as I am getting run to run 26.2 miles through southeastern Minnesota in 2.5 hours. Forecast for upper 40s/low 50s, cloudy and 18 mph winds. I wouldn't mind dialing back the wind, but otherwise great marathon weather.

Have a great day, runners!

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

MtnBikerChk

running is bad for you

That lack of sun is just fine with me this morning, as I am getting run to run 26.2 miles through southeastern Minnesota in 2.5 hours. Forecast for upper 40s/low 50s, cloudy and 18 mph winds. I wouldn't mind dialing back the wind, but otherwise great marathon weather.

Have a great day, runners!

Have fun!!

BruceD555

StepbyStep-SH:  Word of the day is DRAFT! Hope your race goes well and you have a fun run today.

I'm heading out the door for about 18 miles this morning & will do my hilly route south of town. Weather is great right now - 46 & partly cloudy - so it looks to be a good day.

Train smart ... race smarter.

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Morning.

Me, I'm off to run. Taper shamper. I will do a week and a half taper. I don't feel like doing a long taper. I will run less than 20 today though.

Go Step. go!!!!!

Marjorie

Morning all!

Step, good luck, you will kill it today!

Bruce, enjoy the hills!  Joking

And here comes TaperMarjorie! Does she turn into a pumpkin if she runs single digits? Stay tuned.

Another beautiful sunny although chilly day (43 now), will go out for 14-15 in a bit.

Have a great day everyone!

Dave

LRB

Supp peeperonis!

This is going to be one long ass day for me beginning with a long run here shortly.  After that I will be hitting the road for a two day drive, destination; Houston Texas - yee ha!

YAYpril - B-Plus

Good morning!

Shari, good luck and have fun today!

Bruce, enjoy your long run. Sounds nice. Smile

Marjorie, have a good not-20-miler today.

Dave and Rick, have good long runs as well, fellas.

Man, I feel left out! I did my LR yesterday. Joking I'll be going out for 5 at some point this afternoon. Lazying it up with some delicious coffee right now.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning!  6 and weights tonight.  Most likely part of the run with hubby.

Shari, have fun, you Maniac, you! I need to pick your brain for my double next year.

MBC, morning!

Bruce, enjoy your 18.

Marjorie, we'll see if you run less than 20.  I'll believe it when I see it.

Dave, enjoy the 14-15.  Maybe your breathing be great.

LRB, have a fun LR.

April, Sundays are the days of LR, didn't you know? Joking  Meh, some people do it Saturday, it's all good.  Unless you want to go out and do 10ish.  Now go!

Damaris

Robert31320

Team TJ

Hey, y'all!

6.7 mile run this morning, done.  Best run I've had in quite some time!  Helped me find my mojo.

Have a safe road trip, LRB.

Running for TJ because he can't.

Zelanie

Good morning!  Just my normal 2 mi TM run today.  Hoping that the knee continues to cooperate.

Step- Good luck!

Bruce- Hope you have a great LR!

Marjorie- Hope the LR gets you ready to taper well!

DaveP- Enjoy the 14ish!

LRB- Got compression socks for the drive?  I did a MLR followed by a long drive once, and could barely walk when I got there!

April- Enjoy the coffee!

Robert- Hooray for the good run!

outoftheblue

Good luck today Shari!

SRD for me.  Zelanie -- that's good advice on the compression socks.  Yesterday, after my 21 run, I had to make a 3+ hour drive.  I was stiff as a board when I got out.

Life is good.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Good advice on the compression socks.  I use them for my runs but if I am going to travel after marathons, I would wear them too.  Beware of sleeves and flights though.  My lega became so swollen during the flight, it was even painful. Only socks from now on.

Damaris

Will run for scenery.

Did something AMAZING.  A morning run.  That just don't happen, except on race day. These are strange times we live in.

I went to Garden of the Gods and ran the route of the GotG 10 miler which I'm running in 2 weeks. 10 miles is a new LR record for me this season.  The first mile was a hobbling shuffle, the second mile was interrupted by a surprise poo break, and mile 3  was 12 mm.  After that I kept even splits right around 11 mm for the final seven miles.

It felt teally good.  Yesterday's debacle kind of psyched me out, so this was a good confidence builder.  I'm looking forward to this race, but wish I had more time to train.

Shari : Good luck !

Stupid feet!

Stupid elbow!

Good luck, Shari!

BruceD555, enjoy the eighteen.

Marjorie, have a pleasant run.

DaveP MI, I hope that the 14-15 go well.

Rick, I hope that you had an amazing long run. I predict that Houston's coolness point will increase dramatically upon your arrival.

AprilRunner, have a fantastic five-miler.

Damaris, enjoy running with DH and lifting weights.

Robert, sweet 6.7.

outoftheblue, have a relaxing and refreshing rest day.

jjs22, great run. Cool that you were able to do it on the race course.

I finished the HM. I have no clue about my time. I couldn't find my Garmin in the morning. I also took a brief break to use a porta-potty. Because of my tummy trouble on Friday and sleeping less than half an hour last night, I treated it as a regular LR.

I mentally checked out for the race. Except when there were hot marines near me. They grabbed my attention.